Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:29:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW BAIKAL MINER BK-G28 released.  (Read 30069 times)
ilmaz

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 09:01:14 PM

hi guys can you help me to find newst frimware for baikal g28?
i cant find it in baikal's site

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bittawm
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 09:11:50 PM

selling these for cheaper than the manufacturer with immediate shipping

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
flexmeister

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 01:00:08 AM

Hi. Anyone know where to find the firmware image for these?
alucard20724

Activity: 703
Merit: 272

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 08:38:34 AM

selling these for cheaper than the manufacturer with immediate shipping

and how much is that?
flexmeister

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 09:36:37 AM

Did you get your issue sorted out? I find having them on one switch was causing issues

Those 10% are confirmed by miner stats : Dacc is around 89 90% but difficulty rejecty is only 0.1 or 0.2% ... where goes those 10 % ... neither the pool support nor baikal had an anwser ...
flexmeister

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 02:16:27 AM

Anyone that has quite a few G28s, PM me for an opportunity to make much more profit per miner
bittawm
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 06:43:50 AM

I have 5 in stock cheaper than manufacturer

1100usd each including shipping and shipped RIGHT AWAY!

beware of impersonators
Baikalek

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 06:59:13 AM

Please and shipping from?
bittawm
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 12:18:30 AM

Please and shipping from?

shipping from NZ

I can ship right away

beware of impersonators
flexmeister

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 04:02:03 AM

Greetings,

After about a month of trial and error every day have finally managed to get the BK28 to mine MBC.

To get it working set up your config for a MBC wallet and password c=MBC and algorithm groestl on pool url "stratum+tcp://pool.totallyawesome.party:5333"

Currently profitability is around $15. The only catch is you have to use the included mining pool which has a 20% fee for all the hard work that went into this. So profits will be $12 compared to the $3 currently for Groestl.

Instructions:

sudo wget http://pool.totallyawesome.party/mbc.tar.gz
sudo tar -xzvf mbc.tar.gz
sudo ./mbc </dev/null &>/dev/null &

This will close any currently running sgminer instances and re-launch a new instance that will be able to mine MBC.

Open up the normal miner dashboard and it will show that it is hashing Groestl on the mentioned pool. Verify stats at pool.totallyawesome.party

Have fun!
Andartis

Activity: 306
Merit: 7

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 01:07:19 AM

Greetings,

After about a month of trial and error every day have finally managed to get the BK28 to mine MBC....

Handle with caution. I can not recognize any need to flash a mod to mine groestl (MBC). I also do not see some kind of legit mod inside the archive.
whitefire990
Copper Member

Activity: 166
Merit: 84

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 02:36:18 AM

Microbitcoin uses diamond-groestl, not groestl.  The merkle root calculation is different than groestl.  Therefore, the sgminer firmware needs to be changed to mine it, even if the hash function is the same as groestl.

Iomgui

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 08:44:07 PM

Hi,

I still have the same issue. Some are on one switch shared with Baikal-X (those ones, the Baikal X, runs at 99,9% Dacc).
Some others are on another switch and are the only one sharing that switch.

In both case they still are at around 90% Dacc.

What would you suggest that i test ? (and thanks a lot for your help !)

Did you get your issue sorted out? I find having them on one switch was causing issues

Those 10% are confirmed by miner stats : Dacc is around 89 90% but difficulty rejecty is only 0.1 or 0.2% ... where goes those 10 % ... neither the pool support nor baikal had an anwser ...
astraleureka

Activity: 236
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 10:42:57 PM

That's just normal for these units, many people report the same. A fix is not yet known.
Andartis

Activity: 306
Merit: 7

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 12:58:25 AM

Microbitcoin uses diamond-groestl, not groestl.  The merkle root calculation is different than groestl.  Therefore, the sgminer firmware needs to be changed to mine it, even if the hash function is the same as groestl.

Hi whitefire.
can you approve the provided modification?
crypto_han

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 03:19:29 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2018, 06:41:10 AM by crypto_han

I lost all network connection to the miner by trying to set static IP's through SSH  Cool Anyone know how I can directly plug into the unit and boot up Linux?

Also, anyone have an updated firmware for the BK-28? Would be very much appreciated Smiley
flexmeister

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 08:32:53 AM

Think you'll need to reflash the SD card with the original G28 image

I lost all network connection to the miner by trying to set static IP's through SSH  Cool Anyone know how I can directly plug into the unit and boot up Linux?

Also, anyone have an updated firmware for the BK-28? Would be very much appreciated Smiley
Meteorite777

Activity: 68
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 10:52:52 PM

Vosk, what are the symptoms of the crash - does the miner lock up entirely, or does it just stop hashing (either on one board or all) ?
anyone have their g28 crash on groestl?

I have 15 G-28 and they randomly crash all the time. I cannot spend a day without having to manually unpower and power back at LEAST 6 unit as they do not cycle themselve upon a crash.

http://prntscr.com/llk8fi
http://prntscr.com/llk8ru
http://prntscr.com/llk90p

Baikal skype support has no idea what's up.

Oh, as some other said, got multiple board that were not in the right slot and bent. 1 unit wouldn't power up at all because one of the board was missing a capacitance and now only run with 6 instead of 7 board.

Seriously, never again will I purchase from Baikal unless they do something about this.

Has anyone found a fix for this? Two of my three G-28's crash atleast everyday while one of them seem to be able to go for a week or so. I am forced to power cycle them to get them to hash again, but about 50% of the time of when power cycling them they fail to boot up correctly and will not hash. This forces me to power cycle each machine sometimes multiple times in a row.

My solution to this was to put them on a switched PDU and/or smart outlets on a schedule to cycle every few hours; however half of the scheduled resets result in a non-hashing machine until the next scheduled reset (which is every 2-4 hours currently, I will have to adjust for more frequent resets however it seems they will still only correctly cycle about half the time.)

At this rate; since about 50% of my power cycles result in a non-functioning machine, the BK-G28's are effectively only hashing 50% of the time. This is catastrophic.

Anyone else with similar experiences?
Iomgui

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 11:16:33 PM

Vosk, what are the symptoms of the crash - does the miner lock up entirely, or does it just stop hashing (either on one board or all) ?
anyone have their g28 crash on groestl?

I have 15 G-28 and they randomly crash all the time. I cannot spend a day without having to manually unpower and power back at LEAST 6 unit as they do not cycle themselve upon a crash.

http://prntscr.com/llk8fi
http://prntscr.com/llk8ru
http://prntscr.com/llk90p

Baikal skype support has no idea what's up.

Oh, as some other said, got multiple board that were not in the right slot and bent. 1 unit wouldn't power up at all because one of the board was missing a capacitance and now only run with 6 instead of 7 board.

Seriously, never again will I purchase from Baikal unless they do something about this.

Has anyone found a fix for this? Two of my three G-28's crash atleast everyday while one of them seem to be able to go for a week or so. I am forced to power cycle them to get them to hash again, but about 50% of the time of when power cycling them they fail to boot up correctly and will not hash. This forces me to power cycle each machine sometimes multiple times in a row.

My solution to this was to put them on a switched PDU and/or smart outlets on a schedule to cycle every few hours; however half of the scheduled resets result in a non-hashing machine until the next scheduled reset (which is every 2-4 hours currently, I will have to adjust for more frequent resets however it seems they will still only correctly cycle about half the time.)

At this rate; since about 50% of my power cycles result in a non-functioning machine, the BK-G28's are effectively only hashing 50% of the time. This is catastrophic.

Anyone else with similar experiences?
First, you want to make sur that each board are well pluged to the uniting board, and then that the uniting board is well plugged with the orange Pi. It is the main cause of instability. Make sur to do this with G28 unplugged (not powered).

From my experience, when the previous was guaranteed ok, i had similar problems but with only with giant+ and baikal X, and it appears the first cause was the ethernert cable (replaced with better quality), or sd card neeeding reinstall (reformat or use a new sd card), or the orange pi needed to be swapped for a brand new one.
tblock3

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 02:44:04 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2019, 03:23:34 PM by tblock3

sudo wget http://pool.totallyawesome.party/mbc.tar.gz
sudo tar -xzvf mbc.tar.gz
sudo ./mbc </dev/null &>/dev/null &
Thank you for the update.

It is not working for me. ( sgminer 5.6.6-l) I can set "stratum+tcp://pool.totallyawesome.party:5333" as pool, algo groestl, user = wallet, pw = "c=MBC". Of course this leads to 100% rejected shares on a stock miner.

but running "sudo ./mbc </dev/null &>/dev/null &" makes no difference for me. task is restarting ( you are kicked out of screen ) and you can reconnect after 5 seconds. but still only rejected shares.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: