Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:40:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for ICO, is it good or bad idea?  (Read 1992 times)
mrkavasaki

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 10:53:45 AM

actually the basic purpose of KYC is good, it's just that now many people doubt that KYC will be abused and most people now avoid ico or those who need KYC, even though the basic purpose of KYC is to ensure that those participating in ico are not a BOT, so why should there be KYC and require sending and including personal data to check whether the participants are people and not BOT.
I also began to hesitate with KYC, I think personal data must have legal protection so that data is not easily misused.
there must be certainty that the data sent is safe. avoid KYC if you are unsure of the security of your data.

Let me give you a question, if you are sure that the project will yield a profit x2 or x5 over the amount you left out, but that your personal information will not be safe. Do you dare to continue investing in that project?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Correlll

Activity: 310
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 10:57:25 AM

I think it is a great idea to protect the investors from scammers. A lot of people are trying to trick the projects team and to buy more than a limited supply per person. But nobody knows, what will happen to our docs if an ICO fails.
Atang Sulaeman

Activity: 910
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 10:58:35 AM

the application of KYC to users and sellers is very amenable because it can prevent someone's fraud, and also KYC is very necessary for data on every trading transaction.
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 11:00:31 AM

In the beginning, i used to scold many ICO's about the NYC but after reading the potential project and compulsory KYC verification will help them to find out the scammers easily. That's why we have to research everything about them before investing.

cathat

Activity: 264
Merit: 100

TEMCO

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 01:45:18 AM

If you want to protect yourself - you have to pass KYC. Surprised at my answer? I will make an amendment, you need to pass it in a good project, not from scammers.

▀▄▀  T E M C O ~ Supply Chain Powered by Bitcoin Network, RSK ▀▄▀
  Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP). 
Website   ★   Facebook   ★   Twitter   ★   Telegram   ★   Medium   ★   Reddit
boller

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:31:54 AM

I think it is reasonable when the ICO requires KYC. This will give a good impact because of course, the team will need their customer data to anyone in ICO. and with this system then the KYC is required for clarity of the crypto stream provided. It's when the bounty or even airdrop use this new will is questionable if in my opinion.
fedben

Activity: 230
Merit: 2

XCRYPT

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:55:56 AM

Although, the idea of KYC for ICOs isn't really bad as long as the project remains a successful one. But what pisses me off the most is doing a KYC for a dead project. I think KYC is important for investors who also want the success of the project. However, I don't support the idea of KYC for bounty hunters, anyway.

xCRYPT ➲➲➲IEO-SALE On IDAX Exchange (https://www.xcrypt.club/)
Papcio77

Activity: 841
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 03:02:14 AM

For the teams it's good to have ico because they know which country has the biggest number of investor and make changes for the upcoming development, but on the other hand, if we are talking to user it's not good to have it. Privacy is always there and once you send that kind of information,  had a risk
xiaoY

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 03:03:48 AM

This must be a bad thing. KYC will let some investors disappear, they will give up the investment of the project. KYC does not have much effect. In fact, it can be said to be meaningless. Be aware that the quality of the ICO is more important.

Tahir460pk

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 03:15:11 AM

Kyc for ico is it good not a bad idea because in this way you know the investors and can be stop illegal activity and want sure to investing with a proper channel method so kyc is a good idea for investor's for investing.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
cryptoman1ac

Activity: 182
Merit: 13