Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:10:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ⭐[ANN] Celestial [CELS] ASIC & GPU Resistant [POW] Cycle Based Difficulty⭐  (Read 23907 times)
soulcancer

Activity: 276
Merit: 12

Life is toxic...CHUG IT!!

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 11:50:30 PM

what is the problem?

the error looks like celc.pubnodes.com:18236 is down. that is a community run node and i have no access to it. i suggest you try celc.cryptoknight.space:18236 i tested that just now
Similarly. The same mistake.

Ok I did a little bit of investigating and the owner of celc.cryptoknight.space:18236 said he had to update some software on his node and it was down for about an hour. It should be working great now. Also for the miner please use "--daemon-address celc.cryptoknight.space:18236" instead of "--daemon-host". The "--daemon-host" one only is for the IP. If you want to use "--daemon-host" you would also have to add "--daemon-rpc-port".

Basically to get your miner working replace "--daemon-host celc.pubnodes.com:18236" with "--daemon-address celc.cryptoknight.space:18236".

actually looks a bit more like mining now...ive got 48 hrs invested in this...i may as well give it another 24 running like this and see what happens
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mavricks

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 01:19:48 AM

You need a mining guide,
It's not 100 % clear how to start & the in wallet miner as it just hangs on load up and doesn't start the normal cryptonote wallet. I had to try with the daemon.
boba022

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 02:00:26 AM

Hey Jarrosha,

Could you please enable receiving personal messages from newbies in your profile?
I need to PM you something important about your project and I don't want to make it public.
My old account was stolen few month ago so I don't have enough history to PM you.

Thank you.
RuTranslator
Copper Member

Activity: 152
Merit: 10

BM Russian Translator

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:57:29 AM

Russian translation done: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5060687.msg47454919#msg47454919

CHSRE2em1Rh1xQuyEr7GGZHbD4yakTUiQ7qVMF1vy3HMgkpAyMxJ4gE7CLfoS6mAFFJQcsfKJfRNS7v 5sVkBfGbU23AVNxd
zello

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:31:26 AM

Russian translation done: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5060687.msg47454919#msg47454919

CHSRE2em1Rh1xQuyEr7GGZHbD4yakTUiQ7qVMF1vy3HMgkpAyMxJ4gE7CLfoS6mAFFJQcsfKJfRNS7v 5sVkBfGbU23AVNxd

Terrible Google translation, please do not pay for this.  I think the coin is promising (better decentralization, new algo - nobody will be able to do 51% with NiceHash) but you should do something with these translators. Russian speaking cryptomaxsun already replied to this Google translated post:

Heвaжный гyглo-пepeвoд, мoжнo и пoпpaвить.
И тeмy вce paвнo зaбpocитe, зaчeм тaк дeлaть?

Bad Google translation, you may want to fix this.
And you are going to abandon this anyways, so what's the point doing this?
jarrosha (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 05:32:57 AM

You need a mining guide,
It's not 100 % clear how to start & the in wallet miner as it just hangs on load up and doesn't start the normal cryptonote wallet. I had to try with the daemon.

I am working on a wiki right now and will add it to the links on the main post when its done. Can you send me some more info or screenshots though regarding your problem? I check BitcoinTalk once or twice a day or you could join the discord or telegram.

Hey Jarrosha,

Could you please enable receiving personal messages from newbies in your profile?
I need to PM you something important about your project and I don't want to make it public.
My old account was stolen few month ago so I don't have enough history to PM you.

Thank you.

I do not have receiving messages from newbies off but if you are going to send an advertisement please don't bother. If you need help regarding the project I would be happy to help though.
Arashflash44

Activity: 72

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:08:47 PM

the error looks like celc.pubnodes.com:18236 is down. that is a community run node and i have no access to it. i suggest you try celc.cryptoknight.space:18236 i tested that just now
Similarly. The same mistake.

Ok I did a little bit of investigating and the owner of celc.cryptoknight.space:18236 said he had to update some software on his node and it was down for about an hour. It should be working great now. Also for the miner please use "--daemon-address celc.cryptoknight.space:18236" instead of "--daemon-host". The "--daemon-host" one only is for the IP. If you want to use "--daemon-host" you would also have to add "--daemon-rpc-port".

Basically to get your miner working replace "--daemon-host celc.pubnodes.com:18236" with "--daemon-address celc.cryptoknight.space:18236".

hey man..i tried replace it..and it works and seems to be mining ..thanks !
olddarkstar

Activity: 105

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 10:03:25 AM

I thought to repost a user made  howto mine Celec with WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) here created by discord user @SomeHash
it also shows the linux part somehow
https://medium.com/@SomeHash/installing-and-running-celestial-using-wsl-windows-subsystem-for-linux-in-windows-10-newbie-14c23e3c658e
cryptomaxsun
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387

Ukrainians will resist

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 02:41:20 PM

Not helping, permanent disconnection.
What is the reason that there are no deleted nodes?
I tried to mining on a local daemon, after a while it lags behind in sync.
Tested on 2 different computers.

❘|❘ Cлaвa Укpaинe! ❘|❘ Glory to Ukraine! ❘|❘
❘|❘ КaPФaгeн дoлжeн быть paзpyшeн ❘|❘
jarrosha (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 08:19:29 PM
Merited by cryptomaxsun (1)

Not helping, permanent disconnection.
What is the reason that there are no deleted nodes?
I tried to mining on a local daemon, after a while it lags behind in sync.
Tested on 2 different computers.

celc.cryptoknight.space:18236 has been down a lot and I have removed it from the public node list on the Bitcoin Talk page and website. I apologize for any problems the node caused you. I do not personally run any public nodes but I just tested the other 2 options and they work. Please use one of the following:
celc.pubnodes.com:18236
crypto9coin.cf:8236

The GUI Wallet was set to use celc.cryptoknight.space:18236 as the default remote node which seems to have been down for awhile. I updated it to use celc.pubnodes.com:18236 instead. You can download the new version here: https://github.com/CelestialCash/GUIWallet/releases/tag/v0.1.3/.
jarrosha (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 02:01:31 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2018, 11:52:57 AM by jarrosha

There has been a large request for OTC trading so I have added a trading channel in the discord. There is a list of escrow agents I recommend but do not endorse also in the discord.
minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:58:30 PM

Hi
Is there a pool available for this coin yet?
At the current hash, solo mining is completely pointless.
J
daniel.roman

Activity: 130
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 04:06:00 PM

Hello guys
Can you please put a decent guide to mine for windows
I have try all and I still cannot mine

I will give merit if the guide is a good one

Thanks
cryptomaxsun
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387

Ukrainians will resist

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 04:23:33 PM

Hello guys

Thanks
download from here https://github.com/CelestialCash/Celestial/releases/
An example of a bat file to a remote node:
Code:
miner.exe --address your wallet address --log-level 3 --threads 5 --daemon-address celc.pubnodes.com:18236
pause
--threads - Number of Cores

❘|❘ Cлaвa Укpaинe! ❘|❘ Glory to Ukraine! ❘|❘
❘|❘ КaPФaгeн дoлжeн быть paзpyшeн ❘|❘
lock1986110

Activity: 63

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 04:37:23 PM

What is the command for hashing and hashing of my machine?
jarrosha (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:55:07 PM

Hi
J

Our coin is pool resistant which relates back to our goal of making it as difficult as possible for one body to even control a small percent of the network. Decentralization is the priority.

Hello guys

Thanks

I have created a documentation here that includes Windows guides for nodes and mining: https://celestial-cash.readthedocs.io/en/latest/. I will expand upon the documentations contents over the next few weeks.
minerja

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:41:17 PM

Hi
J

Our coin is pool resistant which relates back to our goal of making it as difficult as possible for one body to even control a small percent of the network. Decentralization is the priority.

Hello guys

Thanks

I have created a documentation here that includes Windows guides for nodes and mining: https://celestial-cash.readthedocs.io/en/latest/. I will expand upon the documentations contents over the next few weeks.
so i will ask again, what is the point of solo mining this coin at the current hashrate / diff...it will take a top end cpu days to find even 1 block, if you are extremely lucky.
jarrosha (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 01:06:58 AM

Hi
J

Hello guys

Thanks

so i will ask again, what is the point of solo mining this coin at the current hashrate / diff...it will take a top end cpu days to find even 1 block, if you are extremely lucky.

At times the difficulty can be hard but our coin's difficulty will fluctuate no matter the number of miners. Our coin has a cycle based difficulty, in other words the difficulty will get hard for a few hours then get easy for the next few hours no matter the number of miners. At the moment Celestial's main use is to mine but big picture our goal is to be as decentralized as possible and by only allowing solo mining with CPU's that achieves our goal.
kostepanych2

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:45:13 AM

At times the difficulty can be hard but our coin's difficulty will fluctuate no matter the number of miners. Our coin has a cycle based difficulty, in other words the difficulty will get hard for a few hours then get easy for the next few hours no matter the number of miners. At the moment Celestial's main use is to mine but big picture our goal is to be as decentralized as possible and by only allowing solo mining with CPU's that achieves our goal.
Difficulty not depends of network hashrate?
Now I get 2 blocks per day in solo mining...
So if it so happens that this coin will became very popular and it's network will be as huge as Ethereum network... I still will get 2 blocks per day in solo mining?
minerja

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 12:02:17 PM

Difficulty not depends of network hashrate?
Now I get 2 blocks per day in solo mining...
So if it so happens that this coin will became very popular and it's network will be as huge as Ethereum network... I still will get 2 blocks per day in solo mining?

Just wondering, how many coins do you get for your 2 blocks a day please?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: