Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:09:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Take a Stand with EBT ★ Reject Paid Voting on Exchanges ★  (Read 6167 times)
PyroClasTix

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 12:19:26 AM

Eh. If people want to throw money at it, it's their choice.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:26:18 AM

I'd rather take a stand against high school dropouts pumping out a dozen kids and demanding I pay for their EBTcards but that's just me!
Bitkol

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:54:48 AM

Wow a real coin... VERY NICE!
BulletProof_za

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:16:17 AM

+1
BulletProof_za

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:16:47 AM

I'd rather take a stand against high school dropouts pumping out a dozen kids and demanding I pay for their EBTcards but that's just me!

Bwahahahahaha  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:09:13 PM

Just had nothing betters to do.

MintPal voteing list sorted without the payed votes:

sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:37:49 PM

wow..   look at the paid vote figures of ZEIT, USDe, KDC, XXL, ANI, STY and SLR.
On the other hand, I've never owned or traded any of these. Cheesy
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:43:28 PM

It's clear who the only winners are out of all this; the exchanges.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
DannyTom

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:40:08 AM

The sad part is these paid votes are coming from miners and coin owners like us, not from the devs or premine holders.

BTQ:  17NEp7WtUZt4V5RiFP6YHxD1hcte7U3sB8
LTC:  LeyXcTFxC5Ku3KDUyhwDHtLko1JwChd99h
FTC:  6n56LJKYrdgmsougCCjenLFtpPTcjFQ829
walnutter

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 04:03:53 AM

Paid voting is bribery which is corruption. Same thing what the fiat bankers are doing. Coins that are selected by paid voting do not have real support.
It only leads to pump and dump by the same persons that pay for the votes.

Coins without paid voting have much better chance for natural growth because they have real support.
DannyTom

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 06:03:55 AM

Paid voting is bribery which is corruption. Same thing what the fiat bankers are doing. Coins that are selected by paid voting do not have real support.

Coins without paid voting have much better chance for natural growth because they have real support.

+1000

One of the reasons behind crypto-currencies was to get away from this type of thing.

BTQ:  17NEp7WtUZt4V5RiFP6YHxD1hcte7U3sB8
LTC:  LeyXcTFxC5Ku3KDUyhwDHtLko1JwChd99h
FTC:  6n56LJKYrdgmsougCCjenLFtpPTcjFQ829
milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 06:08:02 AM

Stand up Wink

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias
walnutter

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:43:06 PM

We need to get cryptorush also to stop accepting paid votes.
EBT (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 05:42:49 PM

We need to get cryptorush also to stop accepting paid votes.

Thank you, I will reach out to them.

I have also reached out to MintPal and AllCrypt but have not received a response to my requests.
EBT (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 06:38:18 PM

As of this morning, MintPal no longer accepts paid votes via BTC for EBT!!   Shocked

allcrypt

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 07:06:22 PM

The dev contacted us about removing the paid votes from EBT, and truth is it's difficult to do, as it's an integrated system. A coin without a payment address has one auto-generated when the page loads. We'd need to recode the page to do that. Which takes time and resources away from working on the exchange.

So we WILL remove it - just when we have time.

That being said I wanted to address a few things.

We tossed the idea back and forth when we implemented the system and ultimately decided to go with it, even though to some it comes off in a negative light.

The reason being is that some coins have a huge community and user base.

And some have a small but dedicated community with financial backing.

Calling AllCrypt sleazy for taking paid votes is like calling a company sleazy for advertising. You're paying to get customers! You should use your community to get those customers!

Paid voting is by no means required, and 90% of the votes on AllCrypt.com have been unpaid. I'm honestly a little shocked that we are sleazy for giving a coin's community the OPTION to pay.

AllCrypt's voting system it completely and utterly transparent. You see what gets added because it's on the list. NO ONE had voting systems before we did, and now look how many copycats there are. Because we did it right.

If we did back room dealings and demanded money to list a coin (like some exchanges have been accused of) you can call us sleazy. We offer the OPTION - which you are free to NOT take. We believe in personal choice and freedom, and to say "No you can't" because some people don't like the idea, thats just as closed minded.

And I have a question - you say:

We believe there should be specific, publicized criteria in order to have a coin listed, it should not simply be a decision based on who can spend the most BTC or spam the forums asking for votes.  Coins should be added to exchanges based on the same community demand and hard work the coins prior have shown in order to EARN a spot on a major market.

So what should that critera be? How do we, as exchange operators, judge YOUR devotion and hard work? We thought votes were a good way. Votes cause forum "Come vote!" spamming. As a side effect it also causes site signups, making the exchange more visible, thus making your coin more visible when it's added. We thought that would be a GOOD thing.

I really want to know what that criteria for judging hard work and community demand should be. Something that we can measure. Fairly. And transparently.

Because from MY experience, people seem pretty pissed when Cryptsy "randomly" adds coins that no one understands why. Maybe they were making judgments of hard work. Maybe Vern is personally vested in the coin. Maybe money changed hands. NO ONE KNOWS.

At least with our system, EVERYONE knows. Clearly. Openly. With transparency.

No one's making you pay to vote. So why do you care if someone does? Unless it's the "not fair" syndrome. And thats an area where we don't sympathize.

I know this post will make us no friends whatsoever. But you'll never get anything less than honesty from us.

Oh, and as a side note... our evil and slimy coin voting raised 3.59 BTC ($2267 as of right now) which was donated to Sean's Outpost to help the homeless.

Our coin voting provided about 700 meals for the hungry in Pensacola FL.

What a horrible thing we did.

AllCrypt.com - Your new CryptoCurrency Exchange Now Open! www.AllCrypt.com
allcrypt

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 07:16:29 PM

A quick followup. I just noticed this as I was about to close the page.

AllCrypt.com had over 172,000 FAKE VOTES. People used Tor. People used IP changing VPNs. One asshole found a way to trick the system so that he could use other users id numbers to send votes. (Since fixed)

Coins without paid voting do NOT have a "much better chance" for natural growth, because that "real support" can be faked SO easily.

And what the hell do you care if other coins pump and dump? Someone else posted that the exchange will be littered with dead coins. Again - why do you care? Some of our TOP VOTED coins, with REAL votes, and little to no BTC donations have, so far, had ZERO activity on the site.

None whatsoever.

But that doesn't affect your coin on the site - so again - why do you care so much what other people do with their coin?

AllCrypt.com - Your new CryptoCurrency Exchange Now Open! www.AllCrypt.com
EBT (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 08:31:53 PM

Oh, and as a side note... our evil and slimy coin voting raised 3.59 BTC ($2267 as of right now) which was donated to Sean's Outpost to help the homeless.

Please provide proof of this, I see absolutely no information on your site about this but I am glad to hear you're donating these bribes. Are you donating 100% of all BTC vote buys?

Also, I see no use of the word "sleazy" in this thread so no need to get defensive.  You're putting a lot of words in our mouth.  Your exchange wasn't even on our radar until someone mentioned it, all we did was request that you remove the bribe address.

One suggestion is to implement a voting system where only members of your site that meet a certain criteria (# trades, min balance, etc) be allowed to vote and have a LIMITED number of votes overall and limited number of votes per coin.  What is your issue with this type of system?

P.S. - It appears as though your site was built using the OpenEx backend, is this correct?
SpiryGolden

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 09:17:36 PM

Please provide proof of this, I see absolutely no information on your site about this but I am glad to hear you're donating these bribes. Are you donating 100% of all BTC vote buys?

Also, I see no use of the word "sleazy" in this thread so no need to get defensive.  You're putting a lot of words in our mouth.  Your exchange wasn't even on our radar until someone mentioned it, all we did was request that you remove the bribe address.

One suggestion is to implement a voting system where only members of your site that meet a certain criteria (# trades, min balance, etc) be allowed to vote and have a LIMITED number of votes overall and limited number of votes per coin.  What is your issue with this type of system?

P.S. - It appears as though your site was built using the OpenEx backend, is this correct?

You did a right thing but i don't see it anywhere if it's true . All coins are donating there and people . Indeed a very nice place too put your cryptos in .

Yes PAID VOTES ARE BRIBES AND I AM AGAINST THEM AND THIS ILLICIT GAINS ! This is controlled mafia by BTC bag holders . STOP VOTE BRIBES .
grndnpnd

Activity: 71

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 09:31:00 PM

How about even starting the discussion with the community about criteria for listing. Personally i would like to see a group of 5 or 6 community members appointed to a board. They would help to develop an outline of mensurable criteria for exchanges to judge a coins progress. We know regulation is knocking at our door and the only way to help dictate the way it effects us it to influence it. I think we have an opportunity to get ahead of this be prepared for it and minimize the impact of the regulations. This means paid voting WILL NOT BE legal in the future so why practice it now. I always run my business ventures with best practices in mind even if they don't currently apply. If you where in the business of making soda and they made BVO illegal in your country next year you wouldn't make a new soda with it in it would you?

my 2 cents

Hash Advisor exclusive Cryptsy vote exploit mining
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: