Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:58:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 150 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TeamRedMiner v0.10.10 - Ironfish/Kaspa/ZIL/Kawpow/Etchash and More  (Read 211357 times)
kerney666

Activity: 658
Merit: 86

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 10:41:10 PM

I know you have this startup problem, which is unrelated to the 0 h/s gpu hang after mining successfully for a while. It has nothing to do with the redesign of the kernels. Your issue is about cpu starvation when our miner starts up. Comparisons to srb and cast are irrelevant since we use a different initialization process. Have you tried starting the miner with a real-time process priority? Theoretically windows should preempt your cpu miner threads much more aggressively in favor of the gpu miner. When the gpu miner is running the effect on the cpu mining hashrate should be tiny.

considering that this only happens with your miner, and not with any of the other 20 miners that i use, this isn't a good case for changing my system when all other software works.  my systems are set up for multi-algo, multi-software mining.

I understand, and I also know exactly why it happens and not for your other 20 miners. Reading my previous post it sounds kind of snarky which wasn't my intention, it was more an effect of typing on my phone and really being in a hurry. We only have one user with this issue though, which is you. It might be that we rewrite the init process at some point, which would solve your problem, but it's not the top priority right now.

My suggestion earlier isn't really about changing your system, it would just be you starting the miner with "start /realtime teamredminer.exe ..." rather than just "teamredminer.exe ...". If you don't have admin rights the process will get a "High" priority.

The reason this is interesting is that if it works, it would be a good patch: we would just bump the process priority temporarily during the init process, and then lower it after the init is done, and voila, your problem is solved! Therefore, it'd be awesome if you could test the above, first with "start /high teamredminer.exe ..." as a regular user (or admin), and if that doesn't work, as administrator with "start /realtime teamredminer.exe", all this while cpu mining in parallel as you'd normally do. I'm really interested in if it makes a difference. All this is also assuming your cpu miner threads don't have a high or realtime priority to begin with.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vmozara

Activity: 190
Merit: 59

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 11:36:56 PM

thanks to TRM miner I am running a mix of 50 vegas at pool average of 102KH/s with consumption of 9000W. It took me some time to reach the  stability and reliability, it was big effort, but it will be paid back through big increase of hash per watt compared to other miners.

surely, there are some things I would like to see. One is a simple watchdog that restarts the miner (or run a bat file of our choice) if the hashrate is below certain number. (a small number of my miner starts happen all cards to hash 0, exit and atart miner again and all good). Another is a logfile that will instantly write a message to log if card or thread crashesz this is to have record of event before entire rig crashes or freezes. i guess this mods are "if this then that" easy to implement and hipe to see them in new version, together with even faster speed Smiley
tvukoman

Activity: 69
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 11:44:03 PM

Just testing older 0.36 vs newer 0.37 version for 48 hours.

Better stability (no 0 H/s problematic Vega 56 card after few hours of mining). Same configuration, same driver 18.6.1

Same H/s.

EDIT: lol, and again, go to 0 H/s after 2 days of running :-)

restarting miner fixes it usually, but needs to be tweaked by team

The miner has a quite aggressive style. When you lose a gpu after a few hours or even days there’s no bug per se in the miner, it’s the opencl api and/or driver that stops responding. The only solution (except you lowering clocks) is a redesign of the kernels, although it’s probable this is also more about your psus rather than the gpu clocks. We have the next-level design ready though, we’ll attack it in the near future.

Txs Kerney! I think when we got watchdog in 0.38, most of miner's problem will be solved :-) It is OK to restart miner or reboot system once a day.
And for PSU, at least in my case that can't be problem because using just 60% of power consumption (HX 1200 / 720W consumption)
kerney666

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 12:52:21 AM

thanks to TRM miner I am running a mix of 50 vegas at pool average of 102KH/s with consumption of 9000W. It took me some time to reach the  stability and reliability, it was big effort, but it will be paid back through big increase of hash per watt compared to other miners.

surely, there are some things I would like to see. One is a simple watchdog that restarts the miner (or run a bat file of our choice) if the hashrate is below certain number. (a small number of my miner starts happen all cards to hash 0, exit and atart miner again and all good). Another is a logfile that will instantly write a message to log if card or thread crashesz this is to have record of event before entire rig crashes or freezes. i guess this mods are "if this then that" easy to implement and hipe to see them in new version, together with even faster speed Smiley

We are getting close to the 0.3.8 release, watchdog is ready, it catches init errors and stuck gpus and runs a user-defined bat/.sh file. Log file support is simple, todxx is adding it today I think. The watchdog will log the GPU and pci bus id before attempting to run the user script. For now there is only one script, maybe we want to run different scripts for different events. A hung gpu might want a full reboot, the init error with zero hashes might only want a simple restart.

We've also added debug logging, temp/fans/clocks/etc for windows incl watchdog check for temp, I'm about to add temp/fans for sysfs under linux today as well. Also a number of small fixes.

Last, there is a few small tweaks that could/should lead to increased performance for some cards. More on that in the release notes.
Kalyst69

Activity: 147
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 01:12:03 AM

What is minimum driver required under Linux for Polaris and Baffin cards ?
I'm running HiveOS and have 0H/s without error in log file.
Running great with my Vegas

Host your ASICs in Siberia for $0.07/KW all inclusive. Contact me for information.
seefatlow

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 04:49:52 AM

I am curious how you can continue mining in bear climate like this.....unless your energy is free!!
pbfarmer

Activity: 340
Merit: 29

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 12:04:56 PM

thanks to TRM miner I am running a mix of 50 vegas at pool average of 102KH/s with consumption of 9000W. It took me some time to reach the  stability and reliability, it was big effort, but it will be paid back through big increase of hash per watt compared to other miners.

I am curious how you can continue mining in bear climate like this.....unless your energy is free!!

Even w/ rates of $0.12/kwh, well tuned 64s are still pulling in about $0.25/day profit w/ this miner.
pbfarmer

Activity: 340
Merit: 29

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 12:08:25 PM

We are getting close to the 0.3.8 release, watchdog is ready, it catches init errors and stuck gpus and runs a user-defined bat/.sh file. Log file support is simple, todxx is adding it today I think. The watchdog will log the GPU and pci bus id before attempting to run the user script. For now there is only one script, maybe we want to run different scripts for different events. A hung gpu might want a full reboot, the init error with zero hashes might only want a simple restart.

We've also added debug logging, temp/fans/clocks/etc for windows incl watchdog check for temp, I'm about to add temp/fans for sysfs under linux today as well. Also a number of small fixes.

Last, there is a few small tweaks that could/should lead to increased performance for some cards. More on that in the release notes.

Can you add a simple exit option on watchdog trigger?  This allows a really basic 'wrap miner w/ a goto' routine in the startup bat itself.  I can see the need for an call-out to another script, as the failure mode on this is still pretty gnarly, but i would always want to start w/ the simplest option if possible.
jazz1984

Activity: 392
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 12:09:16 PM

At the weekend there was little time for experimentation. I installed Linux and downloaded the timredminer and realized that I have no idea how to start it. Therefore, I need advice.
ku4eto

Activity: 194
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 01:09:53 PM

At the weekend there was little time for experimentation. I installed Linux and downloaded the timredminer and realized that I have no idea how to start it. Therefore, I need advice.

The same way as on Windows.

Open the .Bat files included in the .ZIP and you can see examples.

Code:
./teamredminer -a $(ALGO) -o $(POOL) -u $(WALLET)-p $(PASSWORD)
Where algo is cnv8 OR phi2, and the the pool is Stratum type.

vmozara

Activity: 190
Merit: 59

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 02:25:46 PM

It is not free, surely I wish it was. But since the equipment is already there, I let it mine, maybe the future is not so dark Smiley Also, I spent way to much effort to make everything run, just to shut it down now. Even if I am at heavy loss, I will keep mining until I feel better
Smiley
grimskal

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 05:13:36 PM

First: Big Thanks for TRM

Second: Can you implement settings for an alternative pool, if the main pool die? It is really need in some situations.
kerney666

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 02:18:26 PM

Second: Can you implement settings for an alternative pool, if the main pool die? It is really need in some situations.

Absolutely, pool failover is the last big thing we’re missing (after the next release). We skipped it in the upcoming 0.3.8 version to not delay the release further, it will be in the next version after that.
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 03:01:06 PM

It is not free, surely I wish it was. But since the equipment is already there, I let it mine, maybe the future is not so dark Smiley Also, I spent way to much effort to make everything run, just to shut it down now. Even if I am at heavy loss, I will keep mining until I feel better
Smiley
You are paying more in electricity than the coins you're mining are worth.

If you can't mine profitably, don't mine. It's stupid. Turn your rigs off and wait for profitability to go back up. Doesn't matter whether you've invested in hardware or not. If you use it, you lose twice!
issie81

Activity: 760
Merit: 500

CryptoZilla

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 10:30:06 PM

Absolutely, pool failover is the last big thing we’re missing (after the next release). We skipped it in the upcoming 0.3.8 version to not delay the release further, it will be in the next version after that.

Keep up the good work mister kerney666, when new release?!
kerney666

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 10:38:35 PM

Keep up the good work mister kerney666, when new release?!

Within 5 mins. Not kidding.
todxx (OP)

Activity: 176
Merit: 76

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 10:39:05 PM

Team Red Miner v0.3.8 released

https://github.com/todxx/teamredminer/releases

Changes in v0.3.8
  • Added support for fan speed and temperatures.
  • Added watchdog function for gpu init stuck, dead gpu, over-temp gpu, and non-responding pool.
  • Added new optional 'L' config prefix for low-end cards like lexa/baffin for a 10+% speed-up on some cards
  • Added an option for writing out a log file.
  • Added cycling through multi-entry dns records when connecting to pools.
  • Added a pool-connect timeout.
  • Added measurement and displaying of pool response times.
  • Added support for 80-byte headers for Phi2 algo (for non-LUX coins).
  • Slightly tuned the '+' mode for polaris, some GPUs will show slight performance increase.
  • Fixed bug with API interface occasionally getting stuck.

Anyone running 550s and 560s should try out the new 'L' prefix for configs, this improves hashrates significantly on 8CU and 10CU cards.  Please see the tuning guide for more details on configs to try.

ZombieWorm

Activity: 71

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 11:25:55 PM

Ace - thanks toddxx!
Bry Guy

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 11:31:42 PM

We are getting close to the 0.3.8 release, watchdog is ready, it catches init errors and stuck gpus and runs a user-defined bat/.sh

Trying out the new release now!

I don't see any information in the ReadMe as to how to use the watchdog feature. Can we specify a user-defined script by passing a parameter?
kerney666

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 12:19:33 AM

We are getting close to the 0.3.8 release, watchdog is ready, it catches init errors and stuck gpus and runs a user-defined bat/.sh

Trying out the new release now!

I don't see any information in the ReadMe as to how to use the watchdog feature. Can we specify a user-defined script by passing a parameter?

"teamredminer.exe --help" is the best start for all cmd line args. You pass "--watchdog_script=my_restart_script.bat" for a custom script. Using only "--watchdog_script" means it will look for "watchdog.bat" for Windows and "watchdog.sh" for Linux in the current dir.

For testing your script, add "--watchdog_test" to trigger a watchdog restart event after ~20 secs of mining.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 150 »
  Print  

Jump to: