Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:53:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are Cryptocurrency banks the new wave?  (Voting closed: November 06, 2018, 10:04:33 AM)
Absolutely - 0 (0%)
Not at all - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First licensed crypto-BANK!  (Read 11492 times)
Fabienne_ayy

Activity: 117
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 02:39:30 PM

BTCANKING ON BTCITCOIN

"EQIBank acquired its banking license in September 2018 to become the world’s first licensed and regulated bank to provide customers with a single banking relationship for their entire national currency, crypto and digital asset ecosystems. Instead of having to form multiple relationships with separate financial institutions, customers can access a comprehensive suite of services including clearing and settlement, trading, custody, lending, and banking." Pulled from https://www.financemagnates.com/thought-leadership/eqibank-the-first-licensed-bank-for-crypto-national-currencies/

As I look around and try to find the next biggest trend in crypto, I came across a company called EQI. I've been in the space for roughly 4 years and have seen it start from ICO's to Airdrops, Exchanges, and now Oracles and crypto-banking. I've looked over this project for some time and they seem to have their s%$! together as far as compliance, team, and vision.

Being in America, I think this would suit those best as we have to deal with these centralized giants like Wells Fargo, Chase, Suntrust, etc taking our funds and the fact we don't even own the money that we think we do- it's just what we are "owed".  I believe this can be the next wave of crypto trends and I hope to see others follow in the same path. We need to eliminate the disease of big banks we have now that are taking our money! What are your thoughts on EQI and the current banking system? Are we nearing a solution to this epidemic?

Hmm.. pretty interesting project, I'll keep an eye on it, but I don't really recognize centralized platforms like this, but the idea is nice

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2019, 09:42:20 PM

Well i think bitcoin is made to avoid banks and send as it is via his blockchain technology and network, and we shouldn't combine this two, and who want will use banks and others crypto, or both but not combined.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 04:20:53 AM

Hmmm, more like a token bank which will use its own token.
And the fees...god !!!!!...the feees !!!!

https://eqibank.com/fees/

Annual Fee:   Accounts <€5M Maintenance € 1’000
Wire Transfer Fee:   € 100

I hope there are quite a few of extra zeros in that table or it's some sort of Aprils Fools Halloween joke !

If there really are such fees in this cryptobank, then we do not need such banks. What is the point of such services with such prices? How would this bank be different from the greedy ordinary banks that we criticize?
The very need for crypto banks will still be time tested. It is still difficult to say whether cryptobank services in cryptocurrency will be in demand.
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 06:54:19 AM

I hope there are quite a few of extra zeros in that table or it's some sort of Aprils Fools Halloween joke !

If there really are such fees in this cryptobank, then we do not need such banks. What is the point of such services with such prices? How would this bank be different from the greedy ordinary banks that we criticize?
The very need for crypto banks will still be time tested. It is still difficult to say whether cryptobank services in cryptocurrency will be in demand.
This services is looks more percentage of money so better peoples are maintain our near by Bank. Because this is not a world Bank so peoples are want to security of this bank and performance of the last services then easy to arrive this place. Now only I check this bank it was available in Dominica so it is a Island, I think better peoples are maintain the previous Exchanges because it is not attract to me.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 04:08:05 AM

Cryptocurrency banks are already starting to work, and we will not get anywhere. Different ways of interacting with each other cryptocurrencies and banks are inevitable. The whole question is whether the services of such banks will be in demand and whether such activities will be beneficial to the banks themselves. If the demand for specific services in cryptocurrency, such as lending in cryptocurrency, is, then such banks will exist and develop. I do not see anything bad for cryptocurrency.

wahyu wida

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 04:57:36 AM

Cryptocurrency banks are already starting to work, and we will not get anywhere. Different ways of interacting with each other cryptocurrencies and banks are inevitable. The whole question is whether the services of such banks will be in demand and whether such activities will be beneficial to the banks themselves. If the demand for specific services in cryptocurrency, such as lending in cryptocurrency, is, then such banks will exist and develop. I do not see anything bad for cryptocurrency.
right, both of them should not be like the competition itself. but the government must be able to sort out by giving policies between the bank and cryptocurrency to be able to run both of them, without dropping each other

blockchainwriters

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 09:23:08 AM

in the future, many countries follow crypto bank concept  Switzerland and malta also crypto friendly to launch banking service even binance have plans to launch their own crypto bank
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 08:52:32 AM

I got into crypto to run away from greed of banks, I don't know how this crypto bank will be but in the end banks to tend to make money in ways I do not support and that is why as long as this is not a totally different type of bank I will not be liking it.

I think banks should not get into crypto since the reason why crypto was started in 2008-2009 was because of the 2008 banking crisis, those dudes made horrible mistakes with mortgages and put all those toxic ones into a bond and sold that and even made those bond together and then sold that leveraging their already horrible positions to a spike and then they crashed, what happened afterwards? None of them got punished for it and they even got bonuses for job well done and everyone in the world paid for it, I am sorry but if crypto becomes a bank like that I will start using fiat instead of crypto.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2019, 09:50:34 AM

So how does this bank works especially in securing cryptocurrencies or for different fiat currencies all over the world? Is is ready for volume of transactions and does it can cater the possible clients without getting delay basing on the possible promises? The problems in banking and cryptocurrency in the near future should be overlook so as to avoid any possible dissatisfaction from its clients.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 02:22:55 PM

I think banks should not get into crypto since the reason why crypto was started in 2008-2009 was because of the 2008 banking crisis, those dudes made horrible mistakes with mortgages and put all those toxic ones into a bond and sold that and even made those bond together and then sold that leveraging their already horrible positions to a spike and then they crashed, what happened afterwards? None of them got punished for it and they even got bonuses for job well done and everyone in the world paid for it, I am sorry but if crypto becomes a bank like that I will start using fiat instead of crypto.

It's not about whether you think they should get into crypto or not, it's just about them considering it a viable move, and it definitely is. If you support freedom, you also should support the fact that ANY entity can enter and use crypto. We may not like them, but the good thing is that we don't have to deal with them if we don't want to.

As long as you have your private keys securely stored offline, they can't do anything to cheat on you or take your coins away from you. We just have to accept that there are a lot of people who don't want the responsibility of storing their own wealth. They either think they can't do it because it's too difficult (which it can be in case of crypto), or they don't trust themselves for whatever reason.

Let people do as they please. Don't like a specific service then don't use them.
ActAshton (OP)

Activity: 215
Merit: 7

Cobain of Crypto

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2019, 03:08:39 AM

Those familiar with setting up offshore entities and tax-friendly jurisdictions know how to use their services.

Your fee structure is also entirely wrong and there is no token associated with the bank.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: