Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:40:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Warren Buffett starts investing in start-ups  (Read 802 times)
aad140386 (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 20

simply getting the job done

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:26:21 PM

Today I read some interesting news that the Warren Buffett holding Berkshire Hathaway started investing in fintech start-ups for the first time, although they had never done this before and avoided such investments. As you know, Warren Buffett is an ardent opponent of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general. Do these investments say that the famous investor is starting to change his point of view not only about modern technologies but also about cryptocurrency in general?

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:33:18 PM
Merited by dbshck (2)

Regarding that, I read this:

Mr. Buffett declined to comment on the Stone deal. “It’s entirely Todd’s,” said Debbie Bosanek, Mr. Buffett’s assistant, in an email. “He never comments on anything that Todd or Ted do. They have total autonomy.”

Maybe he himself isn't as open. Either way, just because they started investing at fintech doesn't mean they'll jump right into crypto. Fintech is already risky by their standards, it would seem, so I would expect them to only take one step at a time.

Either way, crypto doesn't need Warren Buffett's approval.

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:47:12 PM

Warren Buffet is not even an "opponent" of bitcoin. Warren Buffet, Charlie Munger, Nouriel Roubini, and similar people are merely just background noise for bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general.

Would that change their mind on their opinions regarding bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general? It's highly unlikely in my opinion. I don't think investors like Warren Buffet likes "investing" in stuff that are high-risk, as I'm pretty sure he has a hard time on trying to understand bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in the first place.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
iTradeBit

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 02:29:43 PM

Yes, it seems to me that Buffett will surrender and buy crypto, not one reasonable investor will not refuse it nowadays!
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 03:21:31 PM

You should link the article -  that will help you to get more public opinion. as I haven't read it yet, I can say anything valuable about this or your question.
iamzill

Activity: 677
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 06:10:21 AM

Today I read some interesting news that the Warren Buffett holding Berkshire Hathaway started investing in fintech start-ups for the first time, although they had never done this before and avoided such investments. As you know, Warren Buffett is an ardent opponent of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general. Do these investments say that the famous investor is starting to change his point of view not only about modern technologies but also about cryptocurrency in general?
maybe warren buffet has started to read cryptocurrency investment and already knows more about the impact or benefits that get. anyone I think can be in a situation like this, but warren buffet has provided changes that may be followed by anyone who wants to invest in cryptocurrency.
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 06:23:10 AM

As we all know that warren buffet is one the wealthiest person in the world and he is having billions of money with him, It is really good for new startups which are looking for start their own business but not having fund with them. Can you clearify that he is going to fund blockchain related project or just normal. because he is hater of cryptocurrency.

Vernfwiles

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 06:53:23 AM

It's highly unlikely in my opinion. I don't think investors like Warren Buffett likes "investing" in staff that are high-risk, as I'm pretty sure he has a hard time on trying to understand bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in the first place.
kopijos

Activity: 523
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 06:56:56 AM

maybe if warrent buffet does that for investment I think it is a good thing and can attract other investors who are easily influenced by warren buffets, because we know the warren buffet figure is that it can attract many investors that is an advantage for cryptocurrency.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
Bomber007
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

Velic Ecosystem

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 07:14:12 AM

Warren Buffet is fundamentally a business man and although he might not agree with a technology, he is in the business for the money and he would invest where he thinks he would make that profit, this is a huge step though if it is true because other investors would follow in his footsteps.

treatWy

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 07:16:28 AM

It wasn't forbidden to change ones point of view if he/she discovered that what he think wrong is right. Cryptocurrencies massively slowly in motion to dominate fiat system in the future. The process takes time because the perfect time is not radical execution. It is gentle and at the right time.

▬▬ ●   P A R Q   ● ▬▬ A GREEN, SMART AND CONNECTED CITY PLATFORM
● ▬▬▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬ ● https://www.parqtoken.com ● ▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 07:26:17 AM

As you know, Warren Buffett is an ardent opponent of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general.

how do you know that he is an opponent! of bitcoin? based on what he said in the past?
that doesn't mean he is against bitcoin. as a matter of fact in my experience  those who talk about bitcoin the most are the ones that are interested in it the most and want to have more of it. so for all you know Warren Buffet may be one of the biggest bitcoin whales already. and accumulating more.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 07:30:11 AM

He used to hate Bitcoin and Crypto, but eventually, if there is too much profit to be made, he will be forced to adapt to the new status quo. A man of his financial standing would be an idiot to not want to cash in the next gold rush and high tech economical advancement coming through Fintech and the Blockchain. You either adapt to the new paradigm shift, or you get left behind in the obsolete and old systems that no longer serve the majority on this Planet. He will have to make a choice sooner or later and I am sure he has many advisors on board to tell him what is the next best thing cooking in the financial markets.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 07:37:02 AM

This is indeed a good news. This not because Warren Buffet is now entering the crypto scene, he will not do any advancement of the technology, but because of his popularity which will drive more people to invest also on such speculative fintech startup investments.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 07:40:43 AM

are we sure this is even a legitimate news?
in the past we have had a lot of this kind of news when some shitcoin wanted to advertise and get newbies to fall for their schemes and invest in their token so that they did what we call "name drop" where they basically make up some fake story and pump their coin with a fake news. and the market sometimes reacts positively.

Only Bitcoin
kzozenberg

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 10:03:33 AM

Warren Buffett is a very outstanding person with a huge capital and of course if he sees a prospect in the development of a startup why not invest in it. It's logical.

∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧ [ BRAVO ] Send and receive anonymous and instant payments with the power of blockchain ∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧
https://bvo.trybravo.com/
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 10:41:44 AM

investing in some startup or a company even, does not mean investing in cryptocurrencies and it certainly doesn't mean they believe in the future of cryptocurrencies or support that token that you saw. that is assuming the news was real not a fake one trying to pump the token.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
FedorIzmailov

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 11:27:41 AM

he is a very competent investor and now just start-ups can bring a good income, so he began to invest his money. there is nothing strange
maxilopez

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 11:40:32 AM

It seems to me that soon we will see how he recognizes cryptocurrency and will also invest his own funds in it. Warren soon recognizes cryptovalue and blockchain

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
Sinone

Activity: 597
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 11:54:01 AM

Glad to hear this wonderful news warren buffet is one of the richest people in the world. Sounds good as finally, this guy put his name to invest in cryptocurrency which will make bitcoin more energetic and many more people will be interested in cryptocurrency for investment.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: