Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:39:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Implication of China's 5G Deployment to Crypto  (Read 129 times)
SnowAugustine (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 11:21:49 AM

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonmarkman/2018/10/29/why-china-is-way-ahead-in-super-speedy-wireless-5g-deployment/#578160684237
China Is Way Ahead In Super-Speedy Wireless 5G Deployment
China is likely to win the race to next-generation wireless technology, according to analysts.  And the negative consequences for the U.S. of losing could take decades to overcome.
Several telco hardware-makers have demonstrated download speeds of 10 gigabits per second. That’s a 1,000-times improvement over 4G. Latency will shrink to 1 millisecond, from the current LTE standard of 50 milliseconds. Network capacity will improve, too.
What does this mean to cryptocurrency / blockchain? Currently, China is already leading in bitcoin mining, when this rolls out, the US as well as other countries will really fall behind unless it starts acting right now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sherwood_Archer

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 01:09:49 PM

It seems China is really serious with leading the world when it comes to technology. They are also very serious in their artificial intelligence advancements. They are very forward thinking and can see that the future would heavily rely on technologies such as AI and 5G.
With regard to crypto, if they have faster internet than the rest of us in the world, then yes, they would definitely lead on that as well.
Luke_Turner

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 02:03:25 PM

It seems China is really serious with leading the world when it comes to technology. They are also very serious in their artificial intelligence advancements. They are very forward thinking and can see that the future would heavily rely on technologies such as AI and 5G.
With regard to crypto, if they have faster internet than the rest of us in the world, then yes, they would definitely lead on that as well.

Will we, though, rely heavily on AI in the future, when we're all fearing it will replace human labor and overthrow us? 5G could be a game-changer, but don't forget that there's also a rumor going around that while it will make things easier, it may also end up watching us, like Big Brother. I'd say hold on to our horses keep an open mind. We don't know yet if AI and 5G will be a blessing or a curse to all of us in the future.
UconBit

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 05:03:30 PM

It's kind of creepy that China is investing a lot of money for technological advancements like AI and the internet. I think it was just last month when I've read the news that they are using VR to treat people of addiction, focusing on their eyeballs, showing whatever it is they are showing to "cure" people. That sounds very clockwork orange to me. So, in the end, depending on who is going to win this "AI race" will be the one who will have the ability to manipulate people or at the very least, control them. I guess in the end it will be up to the citizens to watch over their governments so that tech advancements like this are put into good use like healthcare and jobs.
maligu

Activity: 333
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 06:07:37 AM

Obviously, artificial intelligence is definitely the future of human development. It is like a cryptocurrency. They are all products that change human civilization. Every government is striving to study first-line technology, and only science and technology can change human nature.

jonemil24

Activity: 448
Merit: 59

imagine me

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 01:59:49 PM

-
What does this mean to cryptocurrency / blockchain?
-
None?

Here's a little fact about bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, internet speed doesn't have an impact on how we use cryptos. Mining them needs internet connection, but the speed can't affect on how we mine them, what matter is the computing power.

And I do think that China won't be lifting its ban against cryptos. The social credit system that they implemented doesn't go hand in hand with bitcoin. 

Normally, if given a choice to do something and nothing, I choose to do nothing.
But I will do something if it helps someone else to do nothing.
I'd work all night if it meant nothing got done.
- Roy Swanson
Green_Bulb

Activity: 261
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 06:52:53 PM

Considering how passionate China is about technology, I wonder why they ban Cryptocurrency - if this country focuses on Crypto and Blockchain in general, they`ll easily dominate the Cryptosphere.
As for 5G, I don`t see how it is related to Crypt and Blockchain in general. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: