Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 08:27:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheating in Bounties/Airdrops  (Read 1348 times)
Trollinator

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:39:34 AM

Cheating in bounties and Airdrops is not a good thing but most people in this forum do engage in such acts. these days most bounty managers require users to make an authentication post before you can participate in their bounties and I believe this is a good way to curb the rate of cheaters that participate in bounties and airdrops.
Not a good way to control scammers, because they have control of many accounts and WORKERS to manage them accounts. Scamming bounty is a new industry!! They can authenticate different accounts behind a VPN...
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:40:30 AM

This is the danger of having open or public spreadsheets from different bounties and airdrops. It becomes easier for scammers to cheat the system. It happened to me many times during my active airdrop days. It is really a pain if you even have to prove your identity to get airdrop or bounty tokens since someone also used your info.
What are u even talking about?! KYC is not on an open spreadsheet?! If there is no open bounty sheet, then how can people know the stakes are accurate?! You sound like one of the troll scammers with such statements

What the heck are you even talking about? I am only talking about the danger of having everyone seeing the spreadsheet since scammers can also see other people's information and you talking about KYC? Even saying I am a Troll? Scammer?
rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:42:12 AM

Indeed, now many people cheat on the bounty. Many use someone else's account. It's actually very troubling, because the owner of a personal account certainly does not know anything when other people use the account. A good solution for bounty is to use proof of authentication. to avoid using someone else's account.
eagle10

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 06:46:38 AM

There are many scammers like them here in bitcointalk but how to find out if you were being used or your account were used in bounty hunting and among other things like using their own ERC wallet instead of your own? That's ridiculous. I have not check yet any of my campaign and other bounties thread if they used mine but I will check it from now on.
Unplugged

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:59:04 AM

Hi,

I am a bounty hunter and i have realized that almost all the bounties are being flooded by some morons who use one person's BTC id, other person's fb/twitter, and put their own ERC address.

They may be using some kind of bots to do that.

What i think he/they are doing is that they have made a list of btc address, fb address, twitter address, and telegram and then use them in bounties and airdrops. They have made some kind of automation software that now do it for them and they take up all the spots in the Airdrops, bounties etc.
They just flood them, put their own ERC20 entries in them while using other's address.

With that they don't have to worry because their ERC address can't be traced to their identity as the rest of the info is all fake.

I have found my BTC id used at quiet a few bounties now which i never applied. Same with my twitter and fb address.

I know that a few bounties are now asking for proof of authentication post but not all of them.

With the growing security issues in BTC can't we start Google 2 factor authentication for our profile as it also has been attacked and also what can be the solution to these kind of scammers ?

The solution here is very much simple. Every cheater has their own specific way to be traced. Whether it is by a transaction, same wallet upon registration, time stamp of registration. Also, the forum has been strict regarding this matter. Most of the moderators are checking campaigns once in a while to check for potential account farmers and cheaters lurking.

███   ████     Bitgesell's first yearly halving is coming in less than a month!     ████   ███
B I T G E S E L L      BUY BGL/USDT NOW AT DIGIFINEX
██               ████████     •     Telegram     •     Twitter     •     ████████               ██
disbil

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:04:04 AM

That is quite painful, the way they do to get some money through a bad way. I think that not forgive able. They wish to get something by making someone else working for them.
Alisha FR

Activity: 868
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:18:33 AM

I also experienced this in following the bounty campaign, they took my e-mail and my Bitcointalk profile, while at ERC20 address, they have it, this is very detrimental, I think the manager will lose trust in me, or I will be considered spam. But I have reported it to the bounty manager that I followed.

Rati24

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:28:50 AM

Yes, I went into one bounty and there in the spreadsheets I found my accounts that were used by someone else. The bounty manager can delete me for multi accounts since there will be a match and the current eth address will be different. And to combat this, we created proof of authentication in the airdrops. But here on the forum for such a ban for one week and that is why it became a lot of bots there in airdrop. If there are 100 thousand participants in the airdrop, then there are more than half of the bots spammers.
Wale777

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:40:05 AM

Though I haven't catch anyone impersonating me on any bounty or airdrop spreadsheet but maybe there are some. I have seen people complaining about impostors on bounty group but I think there are two ways by which this ugly trend can be corrected, firstly proof of authentication on bounty thread and secondly Kyc, though Kyc doesn't go down well with majority of bounty hunters so proof of authentication is the best to nip the ugly trend in the bud
thuat86

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:42:47 AM

Hi,

I am a bounty hunter and i have realized that almost all the bounties are being flooded by some morons who use one person's BTC id, other person's fb/twitter, and put their own ERC address.

They may be using some kind of bots to do that.

What i think he/they are doing is that they have made a list of btc address, fb address, twitter address, and telegram and then use them in bounties and airdrops. They have made some kind of automation software that now do it for them and they take up all the spots in the Airdrops, bounties etc.
They just flood them, put their own ERC20 entries in them while using other's address.

With that they don't have to worry because their ERC address can't be traced to their identity as the rest of the info is all fake.

I have found my BTC id used at quiet a few bounties now which i never applied. Same with my twitter and fb address.

I know that a few bounties are now asking for proof of authentication post but not all of them.

With the growing security issues in BTC can't we start Google 2 factor authentication for our profile as it also has been attacked and also what can be the solution to these kind of scammers ?

yeah, I agree that over 90% airdrop is cheating, bullshit, meaningless. Now I don't participate any more
FTKA

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:46:02 AM

Hi just try our airdrop program that is real!https://ftka.io/
confreslamp
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

CINEMADROM ⥋ BLOCKCHAIN FILM PLATFORM

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:39:11 AM

It is a big problem nowadays, people are using multi accounts to earn more from one bounty programme and I think it is unfair to the other participants. There should be a KYC for every bounty, so every hunter will get what he deserves.

nreal

Activity: 932

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:46:28 AM

I think this is the reason why more and more projects require hunters to conduct KYC, and now these fraudsters are also trying to fake information to pass KYC.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
iancortis

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 01:21:09 PM

i saw it also in most of telegram campaigns, too many clones using or stealing other forums names, twitter and fb profiles. i think bounty managers will do more reviews on spreadsheets.
droptableguy2

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 01:31:42 PM

I think this is the reason why more and more projects require hunters to conduct KYC, and now these fraudsters are also trying to fake information to pass KYC.
If cheating with KYC then we can hardly find out, because KYC is a factor that helps us distinguish between fraudulent ICO and real ICO, but there are many other factors that help us. See what ICO is a scam ICO

Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 01:39:36 PM

I think  that is one of the reasons why some managers and bounties are starting to be strict by doing a lot of actions to verify bounty hunters' identity before receiving bounties. That is why the forum also started a new system to avoid people from creating a lot of accounts for bounties.
soramon

Activity: 983

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 01:54:39 PM

In my perspectice if there is a cheating attempt just make a report to bounty manager. Ask him to check the spreadsheet and ban that person from the campaign. We need to check our BCT on spreadsheet to avoid cheater. Or maybe kyc is also good option for this case.

Marnihughes82

Activity: 363
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 02:06:36 PM

I think this problem is very easy to solve. As long as the bounty manager catches the post with the wallet address request in the user profile, it can be eliminated
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 02:09:57 PM

All bounty form should have proof of participation or authentication to avoid cheaters to steal our works, I also become a victim, so lucky I reported it early, but how about those did not noticed that their work is being stolen by these cheaters, so only join bounties that have authentication.
chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 02:11:49 PM

There were dozen times the scammer used my btt profile to register his eth address, mostly on telegram and twitter campaign. That's why posting a proof of authentication rule for bounty hunter is important to prevent the scammer to use your btt profile to get the stakes. To help reduce the cheaters is to report them to the bounty manager by providing the proof, don't be silent.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: