Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:11:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: YouTube and Facebook may soon be banned in Turkey  (Read 3919 times)
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 2078

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:07:23 AM

Ok, I can access YouTube now. This channel have records: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTSsQGmADzagJRlPnpe-FXw
I also can see this account that has videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/bascalan

I'm trying to find English subtitle versions, if somebody make it I'll share.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:27:22 PM

10 Countries That Have Blocked YouTube

http://youtu.be/0tk5xZFBwho

Warning__3

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:37:49 PM

Whatever they do, people will always find a way around it.

PS. would this ban work on apps aswell?

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:46:27 PM

Whatever they do, people will always find a way around it.

PS. would this ban work on apps aswell?

Yes of course. Not sure a fart app based on a prophet in some countries would be too popular anywhere as Apple would not accept it anywhere (offensive). Does not matter if you have a youtube app on your smart phone as it would not be able to communicate to the youtube server if blocked.
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:01:36 PM

Today Prime Ministry said that they have no choice but closing Twitter.
They try to hide the biggest theft in republic history, but now everybody know how Erdogan stole more than 1 billion $ and gave kill orders on innocent people. Organise crime party Akp is collapsing.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:39:24 PM

Today Prime Ministry said that they have no choice but closing Twitter.
They try to hide the biggest theft in republic history, but now everybody know how Erdogan stole more than 1 billion $ and gave kill orders on innocent people. Organise crime party Akp is collapsing.

Turkey has blocked Twitter hours after embattled Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan threatened to close it down ahead of a key election, after audio recordings purportedly demonstrating corruption among his associates were posted on the social network.

Just before midnight, access to the social network was blocked, Hurriyet Daily reports.

“We now have a court order. We will wipe out Twitter,” the Islamist-leaning leader told a crowd of adulating supporters during a campaign rally in the northwestern city of Bursa on Thursday, AFP reported.

“I don't care what the international community says. They will see the Turkish republic's strength," Erdogan added.

Multiple recordings have emerged not just on Twitter, but also on Facebook and YouTube, purportedly showing Erdogan – whose AK Party dominates the parliament – illegally meddling in political, legal, business, and media affairs.

In one recording, he instructs his son to hide tens of millions of euros worth of cash in the house. In another, he tells off an editor of a major newspaper for producing negative coverage. Erdogan has dismissed most of the recordings as “vile fakes.”

The leader also threatened to shut down Facebook – which is used by 35 million Turks – last month.

Largely in response to the stream of revelations, a new law was passed last month that allows websites to be taken down without a court order, on grounds of reported “privacy violations.”

The run-up to the local elections on March 30 – which will be followed by parliamentary and presidential polls – has been marked by constant rancour, with allegations of fraud adding to the protests over corruption and the suppression of political and civil freedoms from the opposition.

But the AK Party, which has been in power since 2002, is set to maintain its supremacy, if polls are to be believed.

http://rt.com/news/erdogan-wipe-out-twitter-181/

bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:54:56 PM

On one hand I hate FB for their spying CIA affiliations, on the other wouldn't like to see it banned. People should be allowed to choose to register or not. If a someone wants to play stupid facebook games whole day, his choice!

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:56:41 PM

Turkey’s Twitter ban backfires: Tweets up 138%, VPN usage up, topic trends

After banning Twitter last night, the actions of Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan have failed spectacularly.

Immediately following Turkey’s ban, Twitter issued an SMS workaround. Then, ”#TwitterisblockedinTurkey” became a globally trending topic on Twitter. Into the night, usage of Google’s free DNS service exploded to circumvent the blockage of Twitter’s domain. Now, social media analysis firms Brandwatch and We Are Social report that Turkish tweets last night and this morning are up by a massive 138 percent.

The following graph, provided by Brandwatch, shows the rise in tweets from 2 A.M. to 12 P.M. (Turkish CET).

Turkish users collectively tweeted 2.5 million times since the ban went into effect, potentially “setting new records for Twitter use in the country,” according to a different study reported by the Guardian.

Fanning the flames, usage of virtual private networks (VPNs) in Turkey appears to be up significantly. ZenMate, for example — a security and privacy extension for Google Chrome — reports it saw “25,000 visitors from Turkey to the Chrome store in the last 12 hours.” Similarly, VPN provider Hotspot Shield saw an uptick in usage on iOS, and is now the top Android app in the Google Play store in Turkey.

Studies such as the above serve only as rough guidelines and are limited by sample size. Collectively, however, the reports make for strong evidence that Erdogan has failed to enact an effective country-wide ban on Twitter.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/03/21/turkeys-twitter-ban-backfires-tweets-up-138-vpn-usage-up-topic-trends/

snakus44

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 08:42:02 PM

Can Namecoin's dot-bit domain registery be helpful in maintaining freedom of speech over the internet in turkey?  It's kind of technical for the average user, but would be cool to see more people using it for what it is meant.  I'm just kind of getting into this today myself, but if anyone feels like helping out, I'd be down for making this info more readily available for these folks. 

I was thinking of making a dot-bit address with a blog.  I'm not very technical myself, but I'm learning.  I'd rather do something like this today than just watching BTC prices go down and thinking about my cex account.  Let me know what's up, if anyone wants to help out here.  I'm thinking of a site, or at least a post that will list what all someone needs for a name coin wallet and instructions on how to view and register dot-bit addresses. 

Here is the website I'm starting with. 

http://www.gcnlive.com/CMS/index.php/component/k2/281-quick-guide-to-browsing-drone-proof-dot-bit-domains/281-quick-guide-to-browsing-drone-proof-dot-bit-domains

hope to hear from some peeps, cheers.
snakus44

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 10:16:07 PM

This site is way better for getting started to view dot-bit addresses.

http://meowbit.com

you'll need a namecion wallet first:

http://name coin.info/

on the meowbit.com site there are instructions for registering your own dot-bit address. 

now trying to get this info to people in turkey is another matter, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:51:34 AM

MP5KU

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:54:39 AM

Banning Twitter really backfired on them..

I think the same thing will happen with Facebook, if they do decide to attempt to ban it.
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:15:10 AM

Somebody said they also blocked Google DNS, I couldn't test it though.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:19:31 PM

Do the US / EU have the balls to impose sanctions on Erdogan?

Oh... I forgot... Turkey is the backbone of NATO.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:20:00 PM

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57620732-38/twitter-battle-in-turkey-heats-up-spreads-to-youtube-reports/
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:04:43 PM

Now they blocked Youtube. Today 2 more videos about Syria war uploaded on Youtube.
Akp government lost their legitimacy, they planned to war on Syria for saving their asses.

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-1GooSDwJ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm7eg0-IjlI

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:38:41 PM

I wonder if the residents of Turkey have seen this movie.

dotcom

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:51:07 PM

“We will not leave this nation at the mercy of YouTube and Facebook.” — Turkey prime minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan

The prime minister of Turkey is looking to pass legislation that will allow the government to block websites without a court order, reports the Wall Street Journal.

The purpose of Erdogan’s potential law, WSJ claims, is to stop “leaked audio recordings online purportedly revealing corruption in his inner circle.” The key targets of this proposed legislation are YouTube and Facebook.

When asked if an entire ban may occur, Erdogan reportedly confirmed its potential to Turkish-based broadcaster ATV, saying “yes, closure included.”

This ban is not yet in place, but the risk is real: Turkey has blocked numerous social networks in the past, including Twitter and Facebook, with bans as recent as mid 2013. This history in Turkey of a willingness to block social media makes Erdogan’s statements all the more dire.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/03/07/youtube-and-facebook-may-soon-be-banned-in-turkey/

I wouldn't mind facebook being banned in the U.S.  Grin

In more seriousness though, you'll probably see alot more of this sort of government-sponsored censorship as the years progress and they adapt to the threat that instant global communication brings.
practicaldreamer

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:10:52 PM

Is the ban something to do with this would you say ?

I love the internet  Wink
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:55:32 PM

Restriction is not good,people in turkey won\t like that and unfortunately  we might see another revolution.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: