Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:31:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rx580 about to die?  (Read 154 times)
CryptoATM (OP)

Activity: 368
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 06:24:10 AM

My one year old gpu RX580 starts showing greenish artifacts on monitor, this means the gpu is about to die or there is a fix for this? If there is please show me the way
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 06:29:58 AM

Search there must be softwares to test memory, if it dont pass it will show errors on which memory chip has defected you need to change memory chips. each memory will cost you around 14-20$ then you need solder.
circa1O

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 07:03:10 AM

im using rx 580 and rx470 also for almost 5 years still kicking...dont overclock them on their max limit..i think thats the key for their long life
Ken_terrance

Activity: 574
Merit: 18

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 07:07:50 AM

Search there must be softwares to test memory, if it dont pass it will show errors on which memory chip has defected you need to change memory chips. each memory will cost you around 14-20$ then you need solder.
Not just anybody can change memory chip, not everyone can handle soldering iron, it's bad advice telling a newbie to venture into this, better look for qualified personal to do that for you before making things more worse

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬   Prasaga   │   Making Smart Money Work   ▬  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tech WP  /  Commercial WP  //  Twitter  /  Facebook  /  Discord  /  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 07:32:53 AM

Not just anybody can change memory chip, not everyone can handle soldering iron, it's bad advice telling a newbie to venture into this, better look for qualified personal to do that for you before making things more worse
i know not every one can solder, im sure after research he will be sure what to do. do it yourself or give it service.
Ultegra134

Activity: 1568
Merit: 746

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 09:13:00 AM

Have your overclocked them? Mine did that when they were running too high (Overclocked, high temperature), they'd start showing artifacts, green lines and so on. Started running them at lower settings, and they were fine. If not, it's probably on its way out.

He can also take it to a service/technician to get it repaired, I don't think he entirely meant to repair it himself.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
FireBallex

Activity: 462
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 09:37:54 AM

My one year old gpu RX580 starts showing greenish artifacts on monitor, this means the gpu is about to die or there is a fix for this? If there is please show me the way
There are few different things that can cause this issue

1. Bad AMD driver
2. Bad BIOS Flashed on the GPU
3. High overclocking, restore back to stock and see if that fix it
4. Too much heat have made the memory chip loose, it needs resoldering

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1047

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 04:21:48 PM

Bad AMD driver rarely crashes like this.
Bad BIOS Flashed - no
Set the lowest memory frequency 1650-1750 megahertz, this will prolong the life of the video card.
bluspirit

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 11:35:24 PM

Bios MOD with not suitable straps - yes
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2021, 11:48:52 PM

Check the VGA card and search for some Oil like gel , probably its will leak from the thermal pad, you might not going to be able to see it without removing the cooling block and fans. If dust stuck into that gel , it might become conductive and can cause some trouble. If you see anything like this , just remove the cooling fans ,  backplate, and clean the circuit board .

For cleaning you can use any kind of Non-conductive, Zero Residue Contact Cleaner.

When I'm doing a cleaning like this, i always "baking the circuit board for 15 minutes on around 70-75C, in a Convection Oven with air circulation , just to stay in the safe side Smiley

What temperature you card is running during mining ?

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: