Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:17:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet Drama's  (Read 163 times)
Drumman (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:07:10 AM

G-day everyone!  I would have to be the utmost newest of newbies to the crypto game.
I had everything going great till I tried to copy n paste the masternode key into the configuration file in my smartfox wallet,  maybe a single space wasnt right, maybe I pasted it in the wrong place but now my wallet wont even open, I had an online tech guy from node hub helping me last night but he rekons I gotta get a hold of the development team...OK I said thats ok!  only thing is I cant find an e-mail for the smartfox support team to contact,
doe's anyone on this forum know how to contact them,  is it possible to delete that wallet and re-download a new one?  the guys at node hub said the masternode is working perfectly with my name and all attached its just waiting for the configuration of the wallet.
this is super frustrating but I then think back and my good mate had all sorts of different dramas trying to set his nodes up, am I right in assuming all should be good in the hood!  or am I getting cold feet already?
any type of news / help or advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Drumman
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Peacemaker1994

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 07:30:34 AM

Firstly I really hope for your sake the online tech guy is a trusted personality because so many has been duped through this means. You can watch steps to steps videos on the YouTube to know how it's done. Or if you would need a personal assistant do it with someone who's trust level is high. You dealing with your wallet this is a very delicate property you ought to be more careful
Drumman (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 01:40:51 AM

Firstly I really hope for your sake the online tech guy is a trusted personality because so many has been duped through this means. You can watch steps to steps videos on the YouTube to know how it's done. Or if you would need a personal assistant do it with someone who's trust level is high. You dealing with your wallet this is a very delicate property you ought to be more careful
all good peacemaker, got it sorted only just this morning!  took 4 days "sheesh"  not because of the scale of it all but having to commit my time to the drama, Grrrr , life just gets in the way sometimes.  I knew the node was good to go it was the wallet drama at the very end, in the end I had to go through the developers and we had a happy ending.  Big lesson learnt here by me!  read all the instructions carefully on where and when to copy n paste etc,  while being around computers for years I still found it quite challenging going through the entire process of setting up the masternode, biggest concern for me now is remembering that process ha ha !!
Thanks for your reply Peacemaker
Your advice is taken onboard!
coin8coin8

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

False Moon

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 09:46:18 AM

I don't know what coin of your masternode, but I have a similar experience. I have never touched the masternode before, but with the emergence of many cheap masternodes, I also tried to build a masternode using VPS.
In the beginning it was not smooth. I didn't know anything about the Linux system. I read the masternode setup guide repeatedly and follow the steps in the guide, but I am very frustrated that I always fail.
In the end, I gave up trying, I asked for help from others. Fortunately, there are some enthusiastic people who are willing to help me, but they explained a lot to me, I still know nothing.
Finally, I can only ask them to control my computer through remote assistance, which is actually very dangerous, because for a person who is not very familiar, they may easily steal information from my computer, But I have no other choice,fortunately, such things have not happened to me, but it’s always better to have more defenses.
Until now, I still can't build a masternode myself. Although I used to think that mastering this skill is necessary, now I have some changes to this idea.
Now the masternode is usually scam and shitcoins, you can see countless masternode coins in the ANN section, and they will hardly bring you any benefit, in most cases you will only lose money.
Now there are some coins that are trying a one-button masternode setup. I think this will be the future trend. I have to say that the traditional Linux masternode is very unfriendly for most people who are not familiar with Linux.
Masternode is also not a reliable way to guarantee the value of the coin. A really good coin depends on the technical content and development progress behind it. It doesn't have much to do with the masternode. If a coin claims to rely on the masternode to maintain price, then almost certainly, this coin must be shitcoin.
So I think that you don't have to waste too much of your time on it, and if you don't know about masternode coin, don't try it, it's hard to profit from masternode mining.

Loser
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: