Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:20:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ICO ENDED] Jarvis Network - bridge legacy and digital finance  (Read 44704 times)
Jarvis Edge (OP)

Activity: 864
Merit: 3

Interoperable finance | https://jarvis.network

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 02:33:22 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2020, 04:13:43 PM by Jarvis Edge

Edit December 2019 to reflect changes of the project.

An Internet of Finance
Jarvis Network is a set of protocols and applications for decentralized finance, make it accessible and interoperable with traditional finance.

Read more details about our project on our article

We are listed on Uniswap, Bancor, Paraswap and 1inch follow JRT price on Coingecko

WHAT DO WE DO ?

Our value proposition is to bridge both legacy and digital market and to uberize brokerage.

To do this, we are developing a set of financial protocols Ethereum[/ b] to gain exposure on any financial assets against liquidity pools, and wrap them into user-friendly dapps to make them accessible.

The protocols are managed by a DAO which is collecting all fees, and decide how to allocate them[/ b].

The JRT token is used to access the DAO and to secure the network through staking.

Protocols:

• The Margin protocol is a trust-minimized off-chain trading protocol. Users deposit Dai (or other fiat-pegged stablecoin) to open long or short leveraged position against liquidity pools, supplied by liquidity providers.
    Liquidity providers can hedge their exposure using their own broker or exchange.
    Validators stake JRT and have to verify that the data, price feed, trading history etc. are not compromised or manipulated.

• The Synthetic protocol (named Synthereum) is a fully on-chain trading protocol.
    Users mint synthetic assets tracking the price of any other assets, by deposit Dai in liquidity pools supplied by liquidity providers.
    Liquidity providers can hedge their exposure using the Margin protocol.
    Relayers stake JRT and have to maintain off-chain orderbook to match users funds with liquidity providers'.

• The Jarvis Reward Token (JRT) allows to participate in the protocols governance and to secure them.
    JRT holders vote on issues related to protocols, fee allocation, rewards campaign, etc.
    Relayers and Validators have to align their incentives and stake JRT that can be confiscated if they misbehave.

dApps:

• Jarvis market, a fully-featured trading platform
    Jarvis market is a margin and spot trading platform; the margin platform is powered by the Margin protocol and allow users to trade on nay financial markets; the spot platform is a Dex aggregator representing the liquidity in an order book, and whose natively integrate our Synthetic protocol to allow users to swap any ERC20 tokens between them, including synthetic assets.

• Jarvis wallet, a handy smart wallet
    Jarvis wallet is a smart contract wallet powered by Gnosis Safe; it aims at being the easiest onboarding to DeFi and to Jarvis market, by providing free ENS, free deployment, gasless transaction, free fiat-onramp, and can connect to Dapps through Unilogin or WalletConnect.
    It also feature a Dex aggregator and aims at natively integrating few DeFi protocols.

THE TEAM

The team is like Jarvis: the meeting of several backgrounds and skills. It is a mix of traders and analysts who are close or who have founded big trading communities, developers of talent passionate about decentralization, investors and former broker managers who have experience and knowledge of the financial world, people who worked in the humanitarian sector or who were project managers at Uber, etc. All are united around the same idea: making the value created by decentralized technologies accessible to all.

Joe Cocker

Borderless Trading and Interoperable Finance with Jarvis Network (https://www.jarvis.network/)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dronstop

Activity: 129
Merit: 9

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 02:43:21 PM

I am discovering this project.
At first sight, it seems revolutionary.
EgyKing

Activity: 450
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 02:47:49 PM

Jarvis offers a guaranteed transparent distribution by conducting independent audits every 30 minutes and is published on Ethereum Blockchain. every 30 minutes, isn't this too fast?
dubignyp

Activity: 260
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 02:51:56 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2018, 04:25:35 PM by dubignyp

Jarvis offers a guaranteed transparent distribution by conducting independent audits every 30 minutes and is published on Ethereum Blockchain. every 30 minutes, isn't this too fast?

No, it's still a little long....  Grin
blockangel

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:29:24 PM

The audit that will happen every 30 minutes will not be during the TGE or during the initial  distribution of the JRT tokens but will be for key components of the technology framework and to verify that the status of centralized wallet holdings, fiat backed tokens, and anything related to the safety of funds or tokens held in custody.  There will also be other parts of the framework which are not holding client funds but are checked for network stability aspects.    Most of these internal systems will be monitored continuously internally 24 hours a day with many parts being checked every second, but the self checks for DDOS and other network health aspects will be managed and reported internally.  The 3rd party audit is just there as an additional confirmation to people that everything in the system is good.   
RomainG

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:37:49 PM

Ambitious project. What about the fiat gateway and exchange's fees ? How much per transaction ?
Possible to pay with JRT like BNB or any reduction ... ?
Dronstop

Activity: 129
Merit: 9

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 05:09:26 PM

Ok you share the income from the exchange but frankly it's a lot of others do: COSS, Kucoin,....
And you don't think you can compete with Kucoin or Binance, do you?
Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 05:24:56 PM

Ambitious project. What about the fiat gateway and exchange's fees ? How much per transaction ?
Possible to pay with JRT like BNB or any reduction ... ?

Hello Romain,

The transaction fees will be competitive with anything else available at this time. With Jarvis we want to ensure that the trading experience is the very best.  The user interface, the interoperability of assets, and more.  Having very good fee’s is a part of this approach but Jarvis delivers much more and shines in other areas beyond just competitive fees. 

We know that over time as things become more decentralized the fees in many places will go to Zero and so the important aspect of Jarvis is that our business model is not dependent only on exchange fees. The whole industry will follow a low fee practice to keep or gain some market shares, we will drop our fees to remain competitive but we will keep and gain market shares by being focus on more valuable value proposition.

As for the Jarvis Reward Token, it has another utility that paying fees. We value a lot sharing the ecosystem revenue as we think it is a virtue circle. The token is designed to incentivize token holder to bring more and more value : the more value the ecosystem generate, the more revenue token holder receive. So the JRT will be used for that.

In addition, it will allow any token holder to participate in the Jarvis DAO.

Borderless Trading and Interoperable Finance with Jarvis Network (https://www.jarvis.network/)
dzkrb1966

Activity: 602
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 05:28:53 PM

I liked the following phrase. “Hello everyone, I am Pascal Tallarida, CEO and Co-Founder of Jarvis. I am very pleased to introduce you to Jarvis. Your personal financial center!” I think Pascal is an ardent admirer of Iron Man from Marvel's universe. There was also an artificial intelligence with the same name.
Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 06:07:57 PM

Ok you share the income from the exchange but frankly it's a lot of others do: COSS, Kucoin,....
And you don't think you can compete with Kucoin or Binance, do you?

Hello Dronstop,

Yes, other exchanges do it and it is something we really like : it delivers a lot of value to token holders. Exchanges are the most valuable piece of any financial ecosystem.

Honestly, we do not want to compete Binance or Kucoin, we want to fill the gap they are leaving : user experience. Today, exchanges or decentralized applications are not designed to be used by everyone; and if we do want to compete with centralized Fintech which are capturing a lot of value (Robinhood, Revolut, etc.) we need to design product, we need to design experience, and deliver features that these applications can't propose.

To reply quickly, there are some differences between Binance/Kucoin and us (we do like also to be compared with KyberNetwork and 0x, that we aim to work with):

• You can decide to trade either in a centralized, or decentralized way with Jarvis; users have the choice.
  • You can trade cryptocurrencies and tokens with leverage, and you can also trade Forex, Stocks and other traditional products; in the future we intend to partner with several tokenized asset projects to list their products. By offering this, we can target a large audience of traders.
  • The network of liquidity pools will enable instant cross-asset classes exchange and interoperability between all assets. This will provide a lot of use cases.
  • Our user experience and interface are very different. I know it is what most of exchanges highlight (most secure, most user-friendly etc.) but in our case UX and UI are a religion. The whole project is designed with this obsession. Soon we will publish two videos that will showcase the user experience of the trading interface.

By the way, we are so proud of our UX/UI, that we have decided to allow our trading platform to be connected to other exchanges. You will be able to trade on Binance and other exchanges, using the Jarvis interface. This will help us to drive our user acquisition and also to increase our brand awareness.

Moreover, we will leverage a lot from our communities and network (you can check the bio of our founders) and an unique user acquisition strategy.

And anyway, the market is big enough (and still growing) to be shared. And we do know that we have our place in this changing digital world.

We do not do another exchange. We do create a new experience.

Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 06:34:02 PM

I liked the following phrase. “Hello everyone, I am Pascal Tallarida, CEO and Co-Founder of Jarvis. I am very pleased to introduce you to Jarvis. Your personal financial center!” I think Pascal is an ardent admirer of Iron Man from Marvel's universe. There was also an artificial intelligence with the same name.

Well, actually, he (and we) are fans of the whole Marvel universe. We do hope that Sony will lend Venom to have a movie with the Deadpool and Venom Smiley

But to go back to Jarvis,  the story behind the name Jarvis is actually linked to Jarvis AI, yes Smiley

Before to fall into the blockchain space, Jarvis was a trading platform. We will tell you the whole story soon, it is worth to know it ! It was an afternoon, while we were developing the first prototype of Jarvis (by this time, a trading platform for Forex traders), we implemented a voice recognition feature within the application : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=The09nzQMEE.

After that, a team member suggested to call the software Jarvis. As some team members had just came back from Greece, and the name Jarvis sounded like a Greek name, we have all said : "Oh yes ! Let's do this it sounds like a Greek hero". We realized few days after that actually the developer proposed the name Jarvis in reference of J.A.R.V.I.S from Iron Man.

We have kept the name Jarvis, because we do see AI as the new UI. Asking Jarvis to "open BTC H4 chart", "send 20 euros in BTC to @Bob" or "show ICO calendar", is cooler than the usual navigation menu. Isn't it ?

AI can really change the way we do interact with software.

ifyousmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:56:07 PM

I think the function of ross-chain and cross-asset exchange and multi-asset trading will be very useful
sxafir

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:15:16 PM

Thank you no crypti,burrex.This is my experience.
dubignyp

Activity: 260

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 08:17:52 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2018, 08:39:41 PM by dubignyp

Before to fall into the blockchain space, Jarvis was a trading platform. We will tell you the whole story soon, it is worth to know it ! It was an afternoon, while we were developing the first prototype of Jarvis (by this time, a trading platform for Forex traders), we implemented a voice recognition feature within the application : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=The09nzQMEE.

I quote you:
- It was an afternoon, while we were developing the first prototype of Jarvis (by this time, a trading platform for Forex traders)...

A platform, like we see from MT4/MT5 ?
Why make one, if MT4/MT5 exists? What are the strong points ?

Also, the exchange would mean that if I have shares in a company, I can exchange them in crypto or fiat to pay in a store, using a prepaid card ?  
I can also trade tokenized apartment assets against the EURO or against the BTC ?
Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 09:18:05 PM

I think the function of cross-chain and cross-asset exchange and multi-asset trading will be very useful

Indeed, it is. The idea is to provide freedom to users. Hence the "borderless trading" phrase. Switching form bitcoin to Apple stocks, to tokenized assets to fist in just few clicks open a lot of possibilities.

From a technical point of view this interoperability between assets is done through the network of liquidity pools and escrow type function. A use case is described in the whitepaper.

kuru7

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 03:00:35 AM

Discord server?
Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 07:17:19 AM

Discord server?

Not at the moment, we only have a Telegram group now.

RomainG

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 07:45:25 AM

Can imagine that sotcks will be available throught CFD, what will be the leverage for margin trading ?
Batus

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 08:01:17 AM

The Jarvis Exchange can be switched from centralized to semi-decentralized mode. So, how it will be switched and why to semi-decentralized, not to fully decentralized?
mgobled

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 08:29:02 AM

Excuse me, I am a beginner in the world of blockchain, but I would like to know if I understood correctly, you propose 20% of the profits or 20% of the income ?  Huh
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: