Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:25:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The life in Russia is..(continue)  (Read 205 times)
irina0699 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:54:06 PM

Guys! I am really keen on stories about living in different countries and in what, how do you imagine the life in Russia ?  8)Its a real talk! Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 7805

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 04:44:25 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2018, 02:53:38 AM by xhomerx10
Merited by Last of the V8s (1)

Guys! I am really keen on stories about living in different countries and in what, how do you imagine the life in Russia ?  8)Its a real talk! Cheesy

Bear with me since I am not Russian nor do I associate with Russians so this is pure conjecture.

The life in Russia

I, as the patriarch of a household of 2 children (one daughter in her teens and one adult son) and my wife would arise early in the morning; let's say around 7am.  While I prepare the coffee, my wife will make some eggs or porridge, maybe some bread with sausage or cheese on it or possibly kefir that I will wash down with a stiff shot of vodka (which I need because my son of 21 years old does not have a job or attend school).  My wife will wake our young daughter and try to get her ready for school.  She of course will refuse any breakfast since she is overly concerned about her weight and wants to be a supermodel like Irina Shayk or a world-class tennis player like Ana Kournikova.  Perhaps she will have a cup of juice or a spoonful of yogurt and then spend the next half hour applying her make-up and choosing her clothing.  My son, of course will still be sleeping since he was up all night trying to mine Bitcoin or some shitcoin thinking he will be rich one day while driving up my electricity bill which he can't help to pay since he has no job - I take another shot of vodka; likely Stolichnaya.  
  After we get breakfast out of the way, I will walk my wife to the Metro station.  My daughter no longer wants to walk with us as she is embarrassed to admit we are her parents.  I suppose she doesn't want potential suitors to know what she will eventually look like as she ages.  We talk about our son and what to do about his lack of regular employment, desire for higher education and his general overall lackadaisical outlook on life - I take a hit on the hip flask my son gave me for New Year's day (I'm pretty sure it was used but hey, it still works).  We kiss goodbye and go our separate ways to work.  By the way, my wife is a school teacher and I am a scientist. She tells me the children are generally well behaved and studious in school but the clothing they wear looks rather old and ragged but that's the style these days.  In my day, we would have had to wear a school uniform and there was no heat in the classrooms you really wanted to make sure you didn't have any holes in your clothing.  Fortunately, my daughter likes to dress fairly well.

Here are pictures of my kids:
Our daughter

Our son

We haven't been able to get a decent picture of our son since he was 16.  We just can't stay up late enough to catch him awake - I take another hit on my hip flask.

Before I board the Metro, I stop to realize that I have forgotten to take the dog out to do his business.  I call my wife hoping that she might have remembered; she had not so I call home hoping to find our daughter still there but to no avail for she has undoubtedly left for school by now.  I let it ring 10 times but there is no answer; my son has probably disconnected the phone lines again so as not to disturb his beauty rest.   I trudge home and take the dog for a quick walk in a nearby park taking care to scoop up after him and deposit it in the proper waste container.  For some time now, there are plastic scoops and paper bags to collect dog waste for disposal.  The parks were becoming a minefield of dog turds so I'm happy to do this.  I return home with our dog, which is a French Bulldog, pretty much all the dogs in Moscow are French Bulldogs these days - likely because they don't smile very often just like their masters.

I head back to the Metro station and decide to stop on the way to get a coffee.  I have to be quick as I am almost late for work so I pay with my Unionpay tap and go card and promise to leave a good tip tomorrow.  The server usually likes to get a tip but will understand if you don't have some how-u-say moneda? handy to leave with them.  I take a seat on the Metro which is rare since it is generally packed in the early morning rush-hour but my unexpected foray home to take the dog out has delayed my departure... I consider making this a regular habit.  It's nice having a seat to myself. I sip my coffee and... Chto?! Koritsa!! I asked them not to put cinnamon in it!!!!  Shit.  I take another hit on my hip flask.

Well that's my stop.  I have to go to work now but just so you know, I'll probably have some soup for lunch - possibly schi or uha - or maybe pelmeni and then I will have to call my son to make sure he is awake and going to look for a job.  By noon I will stop drinking alcohol because I don't want to perpetuate the myth of the stereotypical alcoholic Russian.

Do svidaniya!
MollyWalk01

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 11:03:55 AM

Life in Russia is good, it's hard sometimes, but still it's always interesting and unpredictable. I guess that those people, who live in big cities like Moscow or St. Petersburg are lucky one's, because the history of these cities is so interesting.
irina0699 (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 11:19:42 AM

It is like when you drink vodka at your breakfast and play with bears (ahaha just a joke)
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:02:50 AM

So that's it, eh?  Hard, interesting and unpredictable?  Sounds like life everywhere... IS that all there is?
grungelife182

Activity: 93

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 03:45:20 PM

I think disciplined is the best way to described it from our outside perspective looking in.
arion6868

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 02:41:12 PM

Guys! I am really keen on stories about living in different countries and in what, how do you imagine the life in Russia ?  8)Its a real talk! Cheesy

Bear with me since I am not Russian nor do I associate with Russians so this is pure conjecture.

The life in Russia

I, as the patriarch of a household of 2 children (one daughter in her teens and one adult son) and my wife would arise early in the morning; let's say around 7am.  While I prepare the coffee, my wife will make some eggs or porridge, maybe some bread with sausage or cheese on it or possibly kefir that I will wash down with a stiff shot of vodka (which I need because my son of 21 years old does not have a job or attend school).  My wife will wake our young daughter and try to get her ready for school.  She of course will refuse any breakfast since she is overly concerned about her weight and wants to be a supermodel like Irina Shayk or a world-class tennis player like Ana Kournikova.  Perhaps she will have a cup of juice or a spoonful of yogurt and then spend the next half hour applying her make-up and choosing her clothing.  My son, of course will still be sleeping since he was up all night trying to mine Bitcoin or some shitcoin thinking he will be rich one day while driving up my electricity bill which he can't help to pay since he has no job - I take another shot of vodka; likely Stolichnaya.  
  After we get breakfast out of the way, I will walk my wife to the Metro station.  My daughter no longer wants to walk with us as she is embarrassed to admit we are her parents.  I suppose she doesn't want potential suitors to know what she will eventually look like as she ages.  We talk about our son and what to do about his lack of regular employment, desire for higher education and his general overall lackadaisical outlook on life - I take a hit on the hip flask my son gave me for New Year's day (I'm pretty sure it was used but hey, it still works).  We kiss goodbye and go our separate ways to work.  By the way, my wife is a school teacher and I am a scientist. She tells me the children are generally well behaved and studious in school but the clothing they wear looks rather old and ragged but that's the style these days.  In my day, we would have had to wear a school uniform and there was no heat in the classrooms you really wanted to make sure you didn't have any holes in your clothing.  Fortunately, my daughter likes to dress fairly well.

Our daughter

Our son

We haven't been able to get a decent picture of our son since he was 16.  We just can't stay up late enough to catch him awake - I take another hit on my hip flask.

Before I board the Metro, I stop to realize that I have forgotten to take the dog out to do his business.  I call my wife hoping that she might have remembered; she had not so I call home hoping to find our daughter still there but to no avail for she has undoubtedly left for school by now.  I let it ring 10 times but there is no answer; my son has probably disconnected the phone lines again so as not to disturb his beauty rest.   I trudge home and take the dog for a quick walk in a nearby park taking care to scoop up after him and deposit it in the proper waste container.  For some time now, there are plastic scoops and paper bags to collect dog waste for disposal.  The parks were becoming a minefield of dog turds so I'm happy to do this.  I return home with our dog, which is a French Bulldog, pretty much all the dogs in Moscow are French Bulldogs these days - likely because they don't smile very often just like their masters.

I head back to the Metro station and decide to stop on the way to get a coffee.  I have to be quick as I am almost late for work so I pay with my Unionpay tap and go card and promise to leave a good tip tomorrow.  The server usually likes to get a tip but will understand if you don't have some how-u-say moneda? handy to leave with them.  I take a seat on the Metro which is rare since it is generally packed in the early morning rush-hour but my unexpected foray home to take the dog out has delayed my departure... I consider making this a regular habit.  It's nice having a seat to myself. I sip my coffee and... Chto?! Koritsa!! I asked them not to put cinnamon in it!!!!  Shit.  I take another hit on my hip flask.

Well that's my stop.  I have to go to work now but just so you know, I'll probably have some soup for lunch - possibly schi or uha - or maybe pelmeni and then I will have to call my son to make sure he is awake and going to look for a job.  By noon I will stop drinking alcohol because I don't want to perpetuate the myth of the stereotypical alcoholic Russian.

Do svidaniya!

the daughter seems so hot  Grin
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 02:50:54 PM

The life in Russia

Our daughter

Our son

Do svidaniya!

the daughter seems so hot  Grin

Unfortunately she's not allowed to date anyone until she's 45.  Life in Russia is harder than I made it seem.
hoverdrone

Activity: 58
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 06:23:06 PM

Somehow I expected this thread to spread stereotypes about Russians... I was right. *sips on the flask*

Which became stale and not funny a long time ago, actually. At least this little read is self-aware after all.
bluefirecorp_

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 06:34:54 PM

Everyone knows Russian's are just bears on unicycles.  Roll Eyes

omegasoldier

Activity: 179
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 06:37:07 PM

Don`t forget vodka, comrade.

BTW, I wonder why there are so many Russian developers in different projects` development teams.
bluefirecorp_

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 06:40:05 PM

Don`t forget vodka, comrade.

BTW, I wonder why there are so many Russian developers in different projects` development teams.

I was going to bring up the vodka, but in soviet russia, vodka drinks you!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: