Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:51:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: China: Man Sentenced to Prison for Stealing Railway Electricity to Mine Bitcoin  (Read 511 times)
Matthewmorris4

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 11:31:22 PM

any activity that is essentially stealing electricity for personal gain, and in any country it is an illegal activity and must be dealt with firmly, because later if there are things that are undesirable eat the loss of both parties. the population is harmed by things like this

VanityWallets2015

Activity: 1498
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:43:56 AM

Although the Chinese regulatory bodies have maintained their distance from cryptocurrencies, it has not deterred the people in the country from partaking in the promising crypto mining industry – as a Chinese man was recently sentenced to 3.5 years in prison for stealing power from a train station to mine Bitcoin (BTC). The incident was reported by the local media outlet The Paper, on October 8, 2018.

https://btcmanager.com/chinese-man-prison-for-stealing-electricity-mine-bitcoin/

Oh well, he took the risk and now he is in jail.  I wonder how much he earn mining bitcoin  Grin because it means that he knows what his doing is wrong but I guess he see the $$$ that's why its worth a try. hehehe.
Though there are some rumours about the bitcoin that bitcoin uses very high amount of electricity in its mining and people can suffer large number of problems if this continues as bitcoin mining requires large amount of electricity and there are some rumours that in coming decade bitcoin will be using double the amount of electricity as use by the entire world currently and then there was also news that bitcoin may leads to high global warming and I think this is the major issue and government should look over this.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
burky155

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:51:13 AM

This guy really crossed the line in here. Bitcoin is banned in China yet he still has the guts to mine bitcoin using stolen power. He should've used his resourcefulness in another way, not in an illegal way. Worst thing is that those BTCs that he mined won't even suffice in paying his bail. Sometimes we really need to think before we do stupid decisions for it may haunt us down and put us behind bars.

Yes i think he has crossed the red line, i don't understand how could he do such a bad and dangerous thing in specially China. I have been there and i know they have very strict rules about the stealing. He should be to clever(!) or maybe desperate.. Sorry for him.. I believe in the karma, if you do something bad it will return you back soon or later..

munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:03:16 AM

Such criminality gives Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies a bad name. Bitcoin mining is banned in his country why then use government resources to do an illegality. The sentence of 3.5 years in jail is not hash he committed two crimes stealing and mining Bitcoin that was banned. This should be a deterrent to others
ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:42:10 AM

In any country, stealing electricity for some private activities will be punished as it should be!
The drop in BTC prices has had the biggest impact on some miners, and their costs have not fallen as BTC prices have fallen!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: