Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:46:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 242 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][THC] The Hempcoin (THC)  (Read 388968 times)
kryptologist

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

@kryptographer

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:32:11 PM

I think we need some sort of road map or plan so everyone will keep calm and know hempcoin. Dev, are you interested? A few things I want to bring up.

1. Twitter Presence: The new website will help us a lot with twitter presence. My plan is to write quality persuasive articles on our website. All of us tweet, retweet & favorite. Also consider sending the message directly to people. I want all the big names to see our articles (@smokin35, @BryceWeiner, @cryptoCobain, @jebus911, @d_seaman, etc.) whether you like them or not they all need to see the articles. For twitter we need to use great headlines that will catch people’s attention. I am writing one called “The Best Block Explorer in Crypto”. That title will make people want to check it out. Fact is we have the best block explorer in crypto and no body knows it. Why is it the best block explorer? That will all be explained in the article. It will be impressive and people will have to take note.

People often don’t understand what you assume. We need to explain why the HTML5 wallet is so awesome and the implications it can have. People need to read these things to be reassured it is a great investment. I think we have so much awesome stuff here but marketing is all about guiding people. We need to tell people how awesome we are, they will support it because it is true, and everything is backed. Why isn’t our new video being passed around twitter? I mean put in all this amazing work only to not promote it? I will help lead you guys in promoting Hempcoin.

We can also tweet articles that show the hemp industry is growing if things are a little stale for reassurance: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/proponents-hope-hemp-goes-the-way-of-canola/article20128238/

2. Rolling Paper Promotion: we are ordering custom branded 100% pure hemp rolling papers for a promotion. Users will be able to fill in their mailing address & deposit THC on our website and the rolling papers will be mailed to them. I am using C-CEX merchant API integrated with the new website and everything is passing alpha tests.

This will spread quickly over twitter and orders will be coming in fast. This is kind of a test for building out a full hemp store.

The rolling papers are an interesting promotion because we can send messages to people on the custom designed packages. People are able to give them to a friend who knows little about cryptocurrency and they will become interested. There is meant to be a way for them to get some free hempcoins using a QR code sending them to the faucet.. not quite sure yet. It is something that people who want to get their friends into crypto can buy and give to their friends.  Hemp supporters are typically also supporters of a decentralized world. It is a perfect match crypto + hemp.

3. Hemp Industry: Why would a company choose Hempcoin over Bitcoin? Bitcoin is the leader in cryptocurrency and a payment model for every business. Any cryptocurrency provides a direct advantage to traditional payment methods because the savings on transaction fees. Hempcoin not only provides this technological advantage but also maintains a large community of like-minded hemp supporters. For a company selling hemp products, this is considered highly targeted niche marketing and results in an overwhelming success. In effect, a hemp company accepting hempcoins is connecting this niche community with products they are looking for. Advertisers are always looking for the best methods to do niche target marketing.

4. New wallet coming: I heard anon transactions are on the way, plus more. We are going to like it Smiley

I know there are more developments under way that I can’t mention yet, and as they come out I will write quality articles on the website. I hope to have everyone’s support tweeting them and making sure everyone sees them.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:21:51 PM

Those are great ideas. I hope people in the community will help out.

I wish someone here was @smokin35, @BryceWeiner, @cryptoCobain, @jebus911, @d_seaman, etc. or had a popular general crypto blog that people followed.

cindereynolds

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:19:33 PM

Who dumped on bittrex? I would have bought your coins for way more. Huge dump of 1,100,000 coins all at once. Crazy. I guess there also didn't know about c-cex. There are still buy orders over there at 50+. I have been trading more in c-cex to support them since they offer the merchant service for any coin on their exchange.

Some lucky people picked up hemp coin all the way down at 18 satoshi. That is the price from 3 months ago. Pre block explorer and HTML5 wallet times.

I snagged a bunch up cheap but in reality that is like less than a week of mining. I am sick of the miners dumping. Maybe we should switch to HEMP and cut off the mining. Too many coins in today's world.

First off, thank you guys for reeling me back in as you have to do every few months.. LOL..  Embarrassed

I agree, cutting off the mining supply isn't a bad idea.  we already have too many coins.. lol :p

If you cut off the mining it will be the death of THC I assure you. Cannabis coin never considered cutting off mining even when the price was down to 15 satoshi for weeks at a time and they are doing great now.

And how do you know it was a miner dumping? Miners don't save up to dump all at once like that, they know they will get more btc by selling in increments.

The only people who dump like that are frustrated investors who need BTC right away for a new investment they are rushing to get into.

ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ PND bamboo muncher ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ
                        PPtd7diYFaKzY11iqVV1xoy6MLLY6mg7Kq
cindereynolds

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:25:37 PM

just want to say thanks to you guys!
i love this community! strong members and everything is friendly and relaxed!

big things are coming! Smiley
and some small things in 2-3 weeks  Wink

dont forget to vote! i am using my pc, my smartphone and my wifes smartfone to vote  Grin

http://www.coinwarz.com/voting

http://www.coinwarz.com/voting

and a big +1 for HEMP!

stay strong!

By trying to get listed on coinwarz you will be making Hempcoin a target for multipools who will dump the hell out of it. This is a suicide mission. Please reconsider.

ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ PND bamboo muncher ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ
                        PPtd7diYFaKzY11iqVV1xoy6MLLY6mg7Kq
killsig

Activity: 228

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:43:24 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2014, 05:59:53 AM by killsig

Made some changes to the address page.  I've stopped it from stalling out on addresses with high transaction counts although addresses with 10's of thousands of transactions still take a while..  I made it so negative balances show up as 0 and I added a note about account balances and how they are somewhat useless.. lol

Also added a resources page with all the main hempcoin links.  Please tell me if you see something I've missed.

oh.. and qr codes that I can't really test yet.. lol

Edit: tested QR codes with a regular QR scanner and it looks like it's good to go.
jmsr1978

Activity: 355
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 08:15:43 AM

I think we need some sort of road map or plan so everyone will keep calm and know hempcoin. Dev, are you interested? A few things I want to bring up.

1. Twitter Presence: The new website will help us a lot with twitter presence. My plan is to write quality persuasive articles on our website. All of us tweet, retweet & favorite. Also consider sending the message directly to people. I want all the big names to see our articles (@smokin35, @BryceWeiner, @cryptoCobain, @jebus911, @d_seaman, etc.) whether you like them or not they all need to see the articles. For twitter we need to use great headlines that will catch people’s attention. I am writing one called “The Best Block Explorer in Crypto”. That title will make people want to check it out. Fact is we have the best block explorer in crypto and no body knows it. Why is it the best block explorer? That will all be explained in the article. It will be impressive and people will have to take note.

People often don’t understand what you assume. We need to explain why the HTML5 wallet is so awesome and the implications it can have. People need to read these things to be reassured it is a great investment. I think we have so much awesome stuff here but marketing is all about guiding people. We need to tell people how awesome we are, they will support it because it is true, and everything is backed. Why isn’t our new video being passed around twitter? I mean put in all this amazing work only to not promote it? I will help lead you guys in promoting Hempcoin.

We can also tweet articles that show the hemp industry is growing if things are a little stale for reassurance: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/proponents-hope-hemp-goes-the-way-of-canola/article20128238/

2. Rolling Paper Promotion: we are ordering custom branded 100% pure hemp rolling papers for a promotion. Users will be able to fill in their mailing address & deposit THC on our website and the rolling papers will be mailed to them. I am using C-CEX merchant API integrated with the new website and everything is passing alpha tests.

This will spread quickly over twitter and orders will be coming in fast. This is kind of a test for building out a full hemp store.

The rolling papers are an interesting promotion because we can send messages to people on the custom designed packages. People are able to give them to a friend who knows little about cryptocurrency and they will become interested. There is meant to be a way for them to get some free hempcoins using a QR code sending them to the faucet.. not quite sure yet. It is something that people who want to get their friends into crypto can buy and give to their friends.  Hemp supporters are typically also supporters of a decentralized world. It is a perfect match crypto + hemp.

3. Hemp Industry: Why would a company choose Hempcoin over Bitcoin? Bitcoin is the leader in cryptocurrency and a payment model for every business. Any cryptocurrency provides a direct advantage to traditional payment methods because the savings on transaction fees. Hempcoin not only provides this technological advantage but also maintains a large community of like-minded hemp supporters. For a company selling hemp products, this is considered highly targeted niche marketing and results in an overwhelming success. In effect, a hemp company accepting hempcoins is connecting this niche community with products they are looking for. Advertisers are always looking for the best methods to do niche target marketing.

4. New wallet coming: I heard anon transactions are on the way, plus more. We are going to like it Smiley

I know there are more developments under way that I can’t mention yet, and as they come out I will write quality articles on the website. I hope to have everyone’s support tweeting them and making sure everyone sees them.

+1 Im in and also yesterday i put the video for Hempcoin in Daylimotion too for more visibility, here the link http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x247gh3_hempcoin-promo-video_shortfilms for to share wherever u want.

Video editor and graphic designer in love with Cryptocoins!!!
jmsr1978

Activity: 355
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 08:24:22 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2014, 08:46:30 AM by jmsr1978

Btw another good link about hemp http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/innovators-at-work/hemp-food-maker-grows-a-new-industry/article19623490/

Edit: +1 for HEMP too

Video editor and graphic designer in love with Cryptocoins!!!
HempCoin (OP)

Activity: 179

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 12:47:30 PM

Those are great ideas. I hope people in the community will help out.

I wish someone here was @smokin35, @BryceWeiner, @cryptoCobain, @jebus911, @d_seaman, etc. or had a popular general crypto blog that people followed.

@BryceWeiner is very familiar with Hempcoin. He actually helped me design this coin. Maybe we can think of a creative way to get him more involved.
TheCoinMonster

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 03:42:37 PM

Are there any plans to create a richlist of the top HempCoin wallets??
free_istheway

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 11:51:16 PM

Hi,

I'd like to make a couple of suggestions for wallet enhancements.
- (Bug?) On the Received Hemp tab (in linux) it is not possible to slide the field divider between Label and Address (on one of my machines, this makes it so you cant see the full addresses, they all end in "...")
- (enhancement) Also on the Received Hemp Tab, would it be possible to add another field that shows the balances for each of the individual wallet addresses?
- (enhancement) Would it be possible to have the overall Balance visible somewhere on every tab?  Especially on the Transactions tab. I watch that tab more often than the "Your Stash" tab, since it shows more history.  Maybe on the status line at the bottom, or somewhere at the top.. Even in the title bar might be ok...

Thanks! You guys are doing a great job!
killsig

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:03:17 AM

Basic public API access has been enabled on the Hempchain. 

This will give you all easy access to realtime JSON/XML information for the following items without having to load a wallet on your host.

• Block Height
  • Money Supply
  • Mining Difficulty
  • USD Market Cap
  • BTC Market Cap
  • Extras: Currency, Currency Short Code & Hashrate Unit (MH/s, GH/s, etc..)

For more information and code examples please see: http://beta.hempchain.info/api/

fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 05:06:46 AM

Does anyone want to start a fund to support hempcoin in the future? Right now is an excellent time to get some cheap investment into this fund and have it be worth a lot more in a month or two.

I am not sure how this would work yet. I just want a fund with a million+ hempcoins in it for the future.

kryptologist

@kryptographer

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:04:46 PM

Does anyone want to start a fund to support hempcoin in the future? Right now is an excellent time to get some cheap investment into this fund and have it be worth a lot more in a month or two.

I am not sure how this would work yet. I just want a fund with a million+ hempcoins in it for the future.

I am in on this, I will donate 250,000 THC to the fund. How can we set this up, where will the fund wallet be hosted?
kryptologist

@kryptographer

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:11:48 PM

This will give you all easy access to realtime JSON/XML information for the following items without having to load a wallet on your host.

• Block Height
  • Money Supply
  • Mining Difficulty
  • USD Market Cap
  • BTC Market Cap

For more information and code examples please see: http://beta.hempchain.info/api/

YES!!! amazing my man. I'm going to try this out soon Smiley very useful for future developments for the hempcoin community. Gives us the tools we need. This is big. Thank you.
killsig

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 05:33:35 PM

• Block Height
  • Money Supply
  • Mining Difficulty
  • USD Market Cap
  • BTC Market Cap

YES!!! amazing my man. I'm going to try this out soon Smiley very useful for future developments for the hempcoin community. Gives us the tools we need. This is big. Thank you.

I hope it comes in handy.  I'll be adding more features.  As I add them I may need to add authentication.  Some functions like checking balances are pretty resource intensive when they hit an address that has 10k+ transactions associated.  I'll most likely keep /getinfo open unless it starts getting hammered on too much.

Did I mention I HATE balances because they are so psuedo and meaningless for the most part?? lol 

If there's a feature anyone needs to have quick access to, please let me know!
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:28:35 PM

I am in on this, I will donate 250,000 THC to the fund. How can we set this up, where will the fund wallet be hosted?

I think someone trusted who is trusted should manage the fund. I have seen you, kryptologist, on this forum lots and believe you would be a good manager for this project. It shouldn't be much work. Is there a way to require 4 people to all enter a code at the same time to get funds out of a wallet? Multiple keys to unlock the wallet would be a great solution for this to increase trust.

I do not see the fund being used much any time soon. Raising funds immediately at these crazy low prices at 35 satoshi is an excellent plan though. I see it as a way to raise a little bit of money and have that turn into a lot of money.

If you start a hemp coin foundation wallet I will donate money into it.

killsig

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:30:47 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 05:43:40 AM by killsig

I'm starting a new project.  I'd love feedback from anyone and everyone.   I'm not stopping hempcoin development or developing another coin, just starting a project that has been in my head for a while.  Something I feel the entire community needs.

See this thread for more: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=755585

killsig

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 06:27:10 PM

I think someone trusted who is trusted should manage the fund. I have seen you, kryptologist, on this forum lots and believe you would be a good manager for this project. It shouldn't be much work. Is there a way to require 4 people to all enter a code at the same time to get funds out of a wallet? Multiple keys to unlock the wallet would be a great solution for this to increase trust.

I do not see the fund being used much any time soon. Raising funds immediately at these crazy low prices at 35 satoshi is an excellent plan though. I see it as a way to raise a little bit of money and have that turn into a lot of money.

If you start a hemp coin foundation wallet I will donate money into it.

I meant to reply to this!   I will throw in 50k.  I wish it was more, I may be able to do more later.

I was going to recommend the same thing. I would trust any of you guys that have been putting energy into your projects or a combination of you guys, kryptologist, blakeaholics, fartbags..

I'll send coins when I see an address. Smiley
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:41:04 PM

Hello,
I stumbled across this coin, looking to mine and possibly invest.

One point I'd like to make, I don't care if it's been addressed in the past since it's still in the wallet:

OP states:
"We chose not to boast the hemp leaf as it has become synonymous with recreational cannabis smoking and not hemp as a product. Although the leaf symbolizes the liberty that we should have around the world (but are still not given, primarily within bank practices), we have created our own symbol for the movement. The symbol is meant to represent "THC" as a currency symbol."

But yet there are burning joints and potleafs in the wallet. I won't take this coin serious until that's fixed, and neither will the hemp industry. Can smoking pot be an underlying, unspoken theme? Sure! What hemp farmer doesn't smoke? But if Hempcoin is a business as all coins are, get rid of the schwag.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
killsig

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:27:21 PM

Hello,
I stumbled across this coin, looking to mine and possibly invest.

One point I'd like to make, I don't care if it's been addressed in the past since it's still in the wallet:

OP states:
"We chose not to boast the hemp leaf as it has become synonymous with recreational cannabis smoking and not hemp as a product. Although the leaf symbolizes the liberty that we should have around the world (but are still not given, primarily within bank practices), we have created our own symbol for the movement. The symbol is meant to represent "THC" as a currency symbol."

But yet there are burning joints and potleafs in the wallet. I won't take this coin serious until that's fixed, and neither will the hemp industry. Can smoking pot be an underlying, unspoken theme? Sure! What hemp farmer doesn't smoke? But if Hempcoin is a business as all coins are, get rid of the schwag.

Great input, thanks for checking out hempcoin!  I'm not one of the coin devs but I'm an active part of the community development team.   We've been slowly trying to push further away from POT and try to keep focused on HEMP.  I think your point is valid and I really think HEMP and POT shouldn't have much to do with each other in this context.  Yeah sure, most hemp farmers probably smoke, but this coin is about hemp, not about medical or recreational smoking.  We've also been in talks to replace the THC symbol with HEMP.
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 242 »
  Print  

Jump to: