Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:04:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][THC] The Hempcoin (THC)  (Read 388968 times)
Dallas1971

Activity: 165
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:51:40 AM

The price is dropping because investors has gotten burned in the past about these so called "Forks."  The investor only wants to do two things and two things only.  Pay to buy the coin.  Then at a later day, hold or sell the coin.  That is it.  End of story.  But how investors have been burned by "forks" is a couple of ways.  

1 - the DEV will update the wallet, invalidate all old coins in favor for new coins,

2 - then have a 2 weeks or less time frame in which to swap the tokens.  

So as I go back to what an investor wants, it has nothing to do with the 2 items noted above, but that is what every coin DEV does and pretty much b*utt f*uck the early investors.  

Do a search for TRADECOIN, or SCORECOIN and you will see how NOT for the DEV to do a hardfork and coin swap.

Solution - Create a wallet that will swap the coins programmatically instead of the incredibly stupid way of manually doing it.  By not doing so, its the equivalent to giving up your car and manually buying a horse for trasportation.  The entire idea of the word programming means to "AUTOMATE" not manually do.  

I for one am not going to get d*cked again by another so called "hardfork" or "coinswap".  Like the other investors, I'm dumping now.  I'd rather make some profit as opposed to having all my original coins invalidated and make zero.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:55:15 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 05:06:24 AM by groggin

Quote from:  xpzycox
How long does it normally take for coins to start gaining staking weight?

45 days  Smiley

bought dec 18, will stake on february 1

bought yesterday, feb 26 if my arithmetic is correct

you can use coin control to make it stake every day if you wish, but each 'coin' will wait 45 days to do that again. 

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
rchstr

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:03:44 AM

Quote from:  xpzycox
How long does it normally take for coins to start gaining staking weight?

45 days  Smiley

bought dec 18, will stake on february 1

bought yesterday, feb 26 if my arithmetic is correct

you can use coin control to make it stake every day if you wish

what wallet did you use for thc to staked your holdings?

Can you recommend something?
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:09:59 AM

@rchstr  to stake you need the official wallet found on the first page (OP) of this thread, running on your PC/mac/pi etc...

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
rundown44

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:12:46 AM

I own some of these THC (Hempcoin) on Bittrex.

What is this about a HARD FORK ?

Why is it needed ?
Why is it that I OWN the coins but have no notification of a hard fork ?

What does it mean for a HOLDER on these coins in Bittrex ?

I have NEVER benefited from one single hardfork, and am the same as most 99.9999999% of investors in these coins.

STOP DOING HARD FORKS - stupid nonsense messing around with something already working!

Build a coin and stick with it - thats it.

bobafett

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:50:15 PM

coins on bitterex will be save and switched to the new fork coin. (you can read this in one of the latest twitter posts)
Tea123

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:08:43 AM

coins on bitterex will be save and switched to the new fork coin. (you can read this in one of the latest twitter posts)
Can this coin be mineable?
berbip

Activity: 143

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:09:10 PM

Why is the hempcoin hashrate so low ? for a coin hovering 0.5usd i'd expect more interest from miners.
I have some ZEUS scrypt miners mothballed, it's getting tempting to pull them out of storage.
"proof-of-work" : 1028.82765820,
"proof-of-stake" : 0.41071552,
"netmhashps" : 46513.48573897,
There is also no p2pool, and the info on github does not really help me to set one up.
Where are the mining pools, cannot find any, this hashrate comes from everybody mining on their wallet ?
Also, what kind of algo will we be using after the fork and will the new blockcain be premined ?

Real_Unhooked

Activity: 838

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:24:11 PM

Why is the hempcoin hashrate so low ? for a coin hovering 0.5usd i'd expect more interest from miners.
I have some ZEUS scrypt miners mothballed, it's getting tempting to pull them out of storage.
"proof-of-work" : 1028.82765820,
"proof-of-stake" : 0.41071552,
"netmhashps" : 46513.48573897,
There is also no p2pool, and the info on github does not really help me to set one up.
Where are the mining pools, cannot find any, this hashrate comes from everybody mining on their wallet ?
Also, what kind of algo will we be using after the fork and will the new blockcain be premined ?

I believe the dev said it would be a DASH fork so X11 I presume. THis coin is flying under the radar. I hope dev can partner up with someone in Canada where they are exploring to use Blockchain for POT transactions.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
with the lemons!

Activity: 589

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:35:15 PM

Staking was not working in v2.1.0

This is fixed in v2.1.1
https://github.com/hempcoin-project/THC/releases
CobraC081375

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:04:30 AM

im still lookin for pools to mine this..all i can do currently is mine on the pool im mining and use payout preference to THC
Grimnir

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 12:46:57 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 02:27:42 AM by Grimnir

This is fixed in v2.1.1

Thanks again, Works great on both Windows (7) and Linux (Mint 18.3).
Staking like a champ.

Still, this is the slowest and most resource using wallet of any that I have. Any chance in making it leaner?

Edit: I do want to mention that these new 2.1.x version are a marked improvement over the older versions.
vnk81

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:45:26 AM

The price is dropping because investors has gotten burned in the past about these so called "Forks."  The investor only wants to do two things and two things only.  Pay to buy the coin.  Then at a later day, hold or sell the coin.  That is it.  End of story.  But how investors have been burned by "forks" is a couple of ways.  

1 - the DEV will update the wallet, invalidate all old coins in favor for new coins,

So as I go back to what an investor wants, it has nothing to do with the 2 items noted above, but that is what every coin DEV does and pretty much b*utt f*uck the early investors.  

Do a search for TRADECOIN, or SCORECOIN and you will see how NOT for the DEV to do a hardfork and coin swap.

Solution - Create a wallet that will swap the coins programmatically instead of the incredibly stupid way of manually doing it.  By not doing so, its the equivalent to giving up your car and manually buying a horse for trasportation.  The entire idea of the word programming means to "AUTOMATE" not manually do.  

I for one am not going to get d*cked again by another so called "hardfork" or "coinswap".  Like the other investors, I'm dumping now.  I'd rather make some profit as opposed to having all my original coins invalidated and make zero.  

The coin is down because the market is down not because of a fork. If you follow any market there are swings and I don't know you think this one is immune. Forks can be beneficial if done right and not for a money grab. Bittrex said they will support the fork so I am not sure where you get "invalidation" from. With the new taxes and coming off a holiday buying spree most casual investors pull profits at the end of the year through Jan. Alts are just not being traded at the moment and to say something is dead without fully knowing the direction of the project is ignorant.  It's trading currently at 40 cents and to think this coin has no future is stupid, I'll be more than happy to by your coins.
ninjaxpanda

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:25:31 PM

New to the whole crypto world. But I have been interested in this coin for the last week or so. However, since bittrix is down I am guessing there is no other way to obtain this coin as it appears all pools are dead and from what I have researched even with personal rigs, trying to solo mine it is a waste of time.

I have seen several mention master nodes. What are those?

Anyone willing to sell THC let me know I would like to buy a bit.

Thanks,

Panda
Dallas1971

Activity: 165

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:29:41 PM

The coin is down because the market is down not because of a fork. If you follow any market there are swings and I don't know you think this one is immune. Forks can be beneficial if done right and not for a money grab. Bittrex said they will support the fork so I am not sure where you get "invalidation" from. With the new taxes and coming off a holiday buying spree most casual investors pull profits at the end of the year through Jan. Alts are just not being traded at the moment and to say something is dead without fully knowing the direction of the project is ignorant.  It's trading currently at 40 cents and to think this coin has no future is stupid, I'll be more than happy to by your coins.

I disagree completely, look at any other coin but Bitcoin and rumors of Forks have screwed people royally.   Most Exchanges do accept forks, what people are asking plain and simple, will their current supply be part of a swap.  So if there is a swap, I'd be more than happy to give you all the THC you need.  PM me after the fork and I'll make it happen.
whalesinc

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:42:58 PM

im still lookin for pools to mine this..all i can do currently is mine on the pool im mining and use payout preference to THC

Join us on mining-dutch.nl

https://www.mining-dutch.nl/pools/hempcoin.php?page=statistics&action=pool

We're quite a lucky pool.
vnk81

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:12:31 PM

The coin is down because the market is down not because of a fork. If you follow any market there are swings and I don't know you think this one is immune. Forks can be beneficial if done right and not for a money grab. Bittrex said they will support the fork so I am not sure where you get "invalidation" from. With the new taxes and coming off a holiday buying spree most casual investors pull profits at the end of the year through Jan. Alts are just not being traded at the moment and to say something is dead without fully knowing the direction of the project is ignorant.  It's trading currently at 40 cents and to think this coin has no future is stupid, I'll be more than happy to by your coins.

I disagree completely, look at any other coin but Bitcoin and rumors of Forks have screwed people royally.   Most Exchanges do accept forks, what people are asking plain and simple, will their current supply be part of a swap.  So if there is a swap, I'd be more than happy to give you all the THC you need.  PM me after the fork and I'll make it happen.

So ethereum classic has been a failure? Please show me any coin that is in the green right now, the top 500 coins are being drained. It has nothing to do with swaps or forks. If bitcoin can have two successful forks in Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold I think THC, swap or not, can power through the bear market. Besides you seem so confident in cutting your losses I'm surprised you have any coins left.
with the lemons!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:36:59 PM

This is fixed in v2.1.1

Staking like a champ.

Still, this is the slowest and most resource using wallet of any that I have. Any chance in making it leaner?

Edit: I do want to mention that these new 2.1.x version are a marked improvement over the older versions.

Thank you. I am actively working on improving wallet performance, it is big priority for me. You should see another improvement in next release (when that comes)
LuckyLlama

Activity: 120

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:52:53 PM

This is fixed in v2.1.1

Staking like a champ.

Thank you. I am actively working on improving wallet performance, it is big priority for me. You should see another improvement in next release (when that comes)

With the Lemons, this is going to sound newby as hell and I'm sure there are others like me, but what happens when you update the wallet.  Do you just click on the file and download it and it takes care of itself, or is there more to it  (like copying files into new locations, that sort of thing) I just don't want my wallet and everything in it to disappear.
Also, will there be an even newer wallet once the fork happens?
Thanks!!  Cool
with the lemons!

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:13:22 AM

This is fixed in v2.1.1

Staking like a champ.

With the Lemons, this is going to sound newby as hell and I'm sure there are others like me, but what happens when you update the wallet.  Do you just click on the file and download it and it takes care of itself, or is there more to it  (like copying files into new locations, that sort of thing) I just don't want my wallet and everything in it to disappear.
Also, will there be an even newer wallet once the fork happens?
Thanks!!  Cool

All you have to do it is to start using the new executable, it doesn't require any extra steps. Having backup of your wallet.dat file is advised, but that's recommended regardless of what version you are using.

New releases will continue in foreseeable future.
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 »
  Print  

Jump to: