Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:38:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum vs Ethereum classic  (Read 179 times)
Get_Boogie_2night (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 09:33:56 AM

Can you please explain me guys, what's the difference in Ethereum and Ethereum classic?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 09:40:52 AM

ethereum classic is the original chain which ethereum forked off from and split into a new blockchain.
they are all the same except with one difference where ethereum forked and effectively "rolled back" a big part of the blockchain to get out of the DAO fiasco. which means ETH is not longer immutable while ETC which didn't roll back is still immutable.
the other difference that i can think of is the price which is mostly because ETH has the support of the centralized power of the foundation which has a lot of money to pump it. so it has more popularity.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 10:02:16 AM

As already said Ethereum Classic is the original Ethereum. Ethereum Classic decided to stick to the basic premise of a good cryptocurrency which is its immutability. Ethereum, on the other side, decided to violate this basic premise, and got rewarded for that, at least temporarily, by wider adoption and popularity. Sometimes it is like that in live: the ones that are with more integrity suffer, but who knows, maybe the tables will turn around again. Just saying, not that I personally root for any of these two coins.
onlydumpstersreally

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 10:08:22 AM

Ethereum Classic is an open source platform that contains tools for developing decentralized applications based on smart contracts that are executed when a certain condition is reached.
Geleve

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 10:18:55 AM

ethereum is a really necessary project for the ecosystem. that is why ethereum is priced and being used for so many icos and projects already. vitalik is a smart guy and that is why etc is still nothing but ethereum is a gem.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 10:22:05 AM

As already said Ethereum Classic is the original Ethereum. Ethereum Classic decided to stick to the basic premise of a good cryptocurrency which is its immutability. Ethereum, on the other side, decided to violate this basic premise, and got rewarded for that, at least temporarily, by wider adoption and popularity. Sometimes it is like that in live: the ones that are with more integrity suffer, but who knows, maybe the tables will turn around again. Just saying, not that I personally root for any of these two coins.

it is not as simple as that though.
for example the reason why ETH is worth more than ETC has nothing to do with the immutability of it. it is all about the fact that ETH team had a lot more power with their money. in case you have forgotten they are the ones who got the 72 million premined coins not the ETC devs. and they used that huge amount to dump ETC and prevent it from going up in early days otherwise it would have been equal to ETH if not worth higher.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 03:42:11 PM
Merited by Red-Apple (1)

it is not as simple as that though.
for example the reason why ETH is worth more than ETC has nothing to do with the immutability of it. it is all about the fact that ETH team had a lot more power with their money. in case you have forgotten they are the ones who got the 72 million premined coins not the ETC devs. and they used that huge amount to dump ETC and prevent it from going up in early days otherwise it would have been equal to ETH if not worth higher.

Good to point this out. This was a huge case for the community in the early days, Ethereum was supposed to be a DAO and when they took the decision to roll back the changes,,, changing the immutability concept of the blockchain, they changed their direction forever. Their price rise to 1400 was purely driven by speculation and marketing,,, as proven by its huge drop now to $200. It was not sustainable.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Stunning

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:13:14 AM

Can you please explain me guys, what's the difference in Ethereum and Ethereum classic?
Everyone loves ethereum but forget the original one. Ethereum classic is not a bad coin itself, I have owned some back in the day and I really liked what it was bringing to the table but lately everyone seems to forget that it even existed. I think the main trouble here is that ethereum managed to become a sort of ICO king where all new coins come thru ethereum first so it was destined to be purchased and that increased the price but than everyone using it did not even know the history of it.

Ethereum didn't worth anything just couple years ago, 2 years ago it was less than 10 dollars and today worths 200 dollars and people consider that as a bad thing. Ethereum classic was what ethereum started out to be, and ethereum is what ethereum classic improved upon.
izza123

Activity: 382
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:36:19 AM

ethereum is a really necessary project for the ecosystem. that is why ethereum is priced and being used for so many icos and projects already. vitalik is a smart guy and that is why etc is still nothing but ethereum is a gem.
Definitely, ethereum is a much more powerful project than ethereum classic, but nevertheless, a classic also has very big opportunities in the future. They have a strong community and some functions that do not have ether
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: