Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:50:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recovering hacked account  (Read 271 times)
tartour (OP)

Activity: 104
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:38:55 PM

Proof:

-----BEGIN ETHEREUM SIGNED MESSAGE-----
My account MAYDOU has been hacked/lost. Please reset the email to Maydou1@hotmail.com. The current date is 11th Novermbre 2018.
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
{
  "address": "0x1e7634d8ed35a4994f66f1800d9aab992a4e5759",
  "msg": "My account Username : maydou has been hacked/lost. Please reset the email to maydou1@hotmail.com. The current date is 06th Nov 2018",
  "sig": "0x4899a5aa8fa0c7ebfcfaf52fc45918c8fb984fc14cbd45b1b0e76da3a374af990a97f6279b2ab 8b9b503c6c6ff99a248b745022678e9f57f21868f02835bd1fa1c",
  "version": "3",
  "signer": "web3"
}
-----END ETHEREUM SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Here is the unedited post where I posted that address:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5029871.msg45800914#msg45800914

I have additional ways to confirm.

https://etherscan.io/verifySig/1411
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 11:09:01 PM

Sign message verified but according to the sticky thread that you can find here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0
You must PM this directly to Cyrus

However, I don't know if you can still recover it, do you have any access to this address "0x2998dc710AE4369963a29171BB0730bE0cDDd38a" which I think old address and the best as a proof that you own this account. If you can sign message with that address just post it here to verify that you own that account.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tartour (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 11:11:06 PM

Thank you
FleurTunisienne

Activity: 265
Merit: 14

Nina

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 12:23:12 AM

Proof:
My account MAYDOU has been hacked/lost. Please reset the email to Maydou1@hotmail.com. The current date is 11th Novermbre 2018.
You put a wrong date. I can't understand how or why you mistaken it.

However, altcoin addresses can't help you provve the ownership of your lost account, only btc addresses!
This is mentioned in the sticky thread for hacked accounts.
Unfrtunetly, you will not be able to recover it without a signed message from a posted btc address or a pgp signature.

Call me "SAW"
tartour (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 12:36:34 AM

Proof:
You put a wrong date. I can't understand how or why you mistaken it.

However, altcoin addresses can't help you provve the ownership of your lost account, only btc addresses!
This is mentioned in the sticky thread for hacked accounts.
Unfrtunetly, you will not be able to recover it without a signed message from a posted btc address or a pgp signature.

the write current date

Unfortunately i don't have bitcoin address in the bitcointalk profile, i just use the ethereum for airdrop and bounty
and about the date : it's current date that what write
If you ask about the date exactly when my account hacked and the time when password changed, i can give you the time and date exactly
mainconcept

Activity: 588
Merit: 422

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:16:57 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2018, 05:30:00 AM by mainconcept

Your "hacked" account was copy/pasting shitposts:

Original:
I hope it would be more awesome project in the near future. Good luck to all the devs and admins.
Thanks for the airdrop.

archived

Your account:
I hope it would be more awesome project in the near future. Good luck to all the devs and admins, thank you

archived

Another one:
I hope it would be more awesome project in the near future. Good luck to all the devs and admins.
Thanks for the airdrop.

archived

Don't put too much effort into getting your account back, it will be most likely permabanned.

Edit:

Good news, your account has won a permanent forum vacation:

Original post:
Looks interesting Dev. I will look forward to the Airdrop program and the bounty campaign. Hope not to miss the opportunity to join. Waiting for more news and information from you. Good luck

archived

Your post:
Looks interesting Dev. I will look forward to the Airdrop program and the bounty campaign. Hope not to miss the opportunity to join. Waiting for more news and information from you. Good luck

archived

Buttermellow

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:19:34 AM

Another hacked account. I am wondering how these hackers do to hack an account. Is it really easy for them to do this? I can't Imagine why there are people like this who do like to hack accounts not only in BCT accounts. I can't believe why they do this when in fact they were smart and could earn money in an a good way. Well, what else should we do? Secure account with two way factor or change pass every other month maybe?
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 05:12:38 AM

Another hacked account. I am wondering how these hackers do to hack an account. Is it really easy for them to do this? I can't Imagine why there are people like this who do like to hack accounts not only in BCT accounts. I can't believe why they do this when in fact they were smart and could earn money in an a good way. Well, what else should we do? Secure account with two way factor or change pass every other month maybe?

I would guess that they are getting access to the email accounts attached to the passwords. Most likely the emails attached to the accounts expire. Satoshi himself was victim of the disaster that is gmx. It's really bad. I've lost access to several gmx email accounts myself. It looks like there is a very short period of inactivity allowed before you risk it getting deleted. Then they could register the same account again and gain access.

Other possibility is database breach from either email or the forum itself.

The incentive to steal BCT accounts is obvious, they have value, specially ranked ones, because of the reputation they have, they usually use it for ICO's, bounties, advertising, and they can also sell it to someone else for BTC.

We really need a way to recover accounts soon. I hope theymos delivers on this somewhere next year.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: