Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:51:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin doesnt only consume too much electricity, it destroys the environment  (Read 578 times)
mensahkkofie

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 11:09:56 AM

In my opinion, we are currently in a state of times full of sophisticated technology. There have been a lot of renewable energy that are environmentally friendly, indeed all technology is indeed not in all places. But I am optimistic that this can happen in the next few years. If analyzed, cryptocurrency is very suitable with the situation in the future, when technology is growing, we need financial transaction media that also have support. For me Bitcoin and Altcoin can be a strong financial system and also have many benefits compared to the conventional financial system at the moment.
The use of energy by industries such as those that are even used in crypto mining usually has adverse effects on the environment and even humans. In this technological era, as the world develops through the industrial revolution in technology, there is the need to preserve the environment from the harmful effects that the use of energy resources comes with.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nuraziaaziz

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 05:54:08 AM

I believe that Bitcoin consume a lot on the electricity because it eat up more energy in blockchain technology where it allows people to be able to transact with each other whereas I'm quite unsure why or how it will affect or even destroy the environment.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 12:30:13 PM

In my opinion, we are currently in a state of times full of sophisticated technology. There have been a lot of renewable energy that are environmentally friendly, indeed all technology is indeed not in all places. But I am optimistic that this can happen in the next few years. If analyzed, cryptocurrency is very suitable with the situation in the future, when technology is growing, we need financial transaction media that also have support. For me Bitcoin and Altcoin can be a strong financial system and also have many benefits compared to the conventional financial system at the moment.
The use of energy by industries such as those that are even used in crypto mining usually has adverse effects on the environment and even humans. In this technological era, as the world develops through the industrial revolution in technology, there is the need to preserve the environment from the harmful effects that the use of energy resources comes with.

But is it really those mining companies fault? Our whole society needs a complete overhaul to be able to curb climate change.
There needs to be a change from the ground up, it's not individual companies that should shoulder all the additional costs of getting to a point where they're carbon neutral.

Western civilizations are always bragging about how good they're at recycling for example. Until you find out they're sending the majority of their trash to third world countries.
Now that China has stopped accepting their waste, they're looking at other countries, where there's even less regulations.

As long as we can't work together on this, on a world-wide scale, nothing will be fixed before it's too late.

walemil

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 12:59:07 PM

I know that bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies mining consume a great deal of electricity but I have never for once thought about the possible hazard the wreck and discarded mining hardware could cause to our dear environment. This a wake up call.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: