Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 06:53:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: When POS staking is fixed in wallet (never worked), what is your preference for % annual interest?  (Voting closed: November 17, 2018, 12:40:21 AM)
POW/POS 3% (current but not working) - 3 (75%)
POW/POS 7% - 1 (25%)
POW/POS 10% - Pure POS at 84mil coins - 0 (0%)
Go to Pure POS 10% when fixed - 0 (0%)
Stay POW/POS 10% until 168 mil coins - 0 (0%)
I don't like any of these options - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coppercoin - new lead, new directions  (Read 169 times)
sherm77 (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 12:40:21 AM

Coppercoin was abandoned by the original dev about 9 months ago and cannot be contacted.  The Coppercoin community has been looking for someone to take over the care and feeding of the Coppercoin network, I volunteered several weeks ago to take over the coin and have made my intention clear.

Coppercoin is on Cryptopia and still is being mined & traded daily.  POS staking was supposed to be at 3% from the inception, but it's never worked.  Currently there are 74mil coins, with 84 mil max supply.  The block explorer works as well as the website & pools, but they are on autopilot until this domains expire next year.  Besides the POS problem, everything works very well.

I'm looking to get some consensus from the Coppercoin community on the future direction of Coppercoin & what is desired for the staking %.  Since we've mined the coin until almost max supply, my idea was to go to pure POS at 84 mil coins and extend max supply to 168 mil (double 84) so everyone who has been mining & buying for the last year will realize some interest that they should have been receiving.

Here's the link to the Coppercoin ANN thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2170714

Let me know what you think.
sherm77 (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 08:10:01 PM

We've only gotten 4 responses for this poll, is this adequate to determine the future work for Coppercoin?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: