Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:55:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the US stock market going to falling into a correction?  (Read 341 times)
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 11:59:47 PM

I would not say that just solely based off the 3% correction that we saw today that anything major is coming our way, considering that in the last 6 months the index has still been on the upside.

But to me, there definitely will be a bear market within the stock market coming our way very soon. That's something that's only a matter of time after 10 years of consecutive growth as well as overbought shares, in my opinion. But obviously, you don't know when it's going to come.

All we can do right now is prepare and hedge against a potential stock market crash, which could have some pretty deep consequences. Holding some bitcoin which is independent of any of this could be a smart decision to make.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
omfg.xekcep (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 2

*** https://www.buying.com ***

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:39:07 PM

It has happened.

(http://i65.tinypic.com/2rc3ak5.png)

BUYING is here for you!
Meet buying.com’s
On-Demand Delivery System
-= https://www.buying.com =-
naturerock

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:46:23 PM

This is only the beginning....... The markets will crash horribly.  Housing bubble, unpaid student loans, car loans, low wages, angry citizens, failing businesses.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:48:49 PM

US stocks are very  much bubble
Now earnings reports are starting probably most of them will be great but just on paper
There are worries caused be trade war
Many USA companies will experience higher costs
And weather .Because of tornadoes and dry food price of many commodities will be higher
So it could be worry about consumer spending

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
DaughterOFbitcoin

Activity: 91
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 01:40:36 PM

I would not say that just solely based off the 3% correction that we saw today that anything major is coming our way, considering that in the last 6 months the index has still been on the upside.

But to me, there definitely will be a bear market within the stock market coming our way very soon. That's something that's only a matter of time after 10 years of consecutive growth as well as overbought shares, in my opinion. But obviously, you don't know when it's going to come.

All we can do right now is prepare and hedge against a potential stock market crash, which could have some pretty deep consequences. Holding some bitcoin which is independent of any of this could be a smart decision to make.
It was one of the highest bull runs of our century so it was not a weird thing that eventually it went down, everything that goes up eventually goes down in stocks, the good part is when it goes up 10 it goes back down 5 so if you are a long term investor today is an amazing day.

If you purchase stocks at these prices than you will be making a killing with the future profits when the price goes back up to proper levels. The trick is being a long term holder without being too worried about the price drops, just like in bitcoin, if you purchased bitcoin just a year ago than you would be in profit today yet people keep talking about bear market.
spongegar

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 07:25:36 AM

I don't know much about rhe stock market. But if it is anything like the price correction that happened this year, then I'd say it would suck big time for everyone in the economy. But then again, price correction can cause a boost in the value of stock so that could happen, but that is 1-10 chance. I juat hope that I'm underestimating the chances

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
mazdafunsun

Activity: 490
Merit: 123

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 11:03:11 AM

I dont think that this is a correction, I belive that there will be bigger crash. It is simple, what goes up should go down, we have seen it countless times with variety of financial assets in world history and it is happeneig again and will continue to happen, this is how our world works. Everyone wants to make money by investing in something that will hopefully have more value tomorrow.

indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:51:25 PM

As we know the stock market is pretty overbought especially such the giants like Amazon, Facebook and so on.
Ugh...I wouldn't touch either one of those stocks.  None of the other tech and social media stocks, either, like Twitter and so on.  That stuff smells too much like 1999 to me, even though some of them are actually making money (like FB).

History would tell us that the stock market is due for a correction, and even though I tend not to look at history in order to predict the future I'd tend to agree with that.  Eventually investors either get scared or start taking their profits out of the market, and I'd agree that right now the stock market is certainly inflated to the point where stocks are on average very expensive. 

I doubt Warren Buffett is buying many stocks in this market.  You would have made an absolute killing had you bought in in 2009-2012, but right now you might be buying at the top, just like bitcoin at $20,000.  But we'll see.  I haven't heard any really bad news that would suggest that the stock market might be in for a crash instead of a correction, but you never know.
Yes, i do think the same, its really dangerous to buy social media stock and it could turn out like dot-com stock back in 90s, i dont think buying facebook stock is good right now cause i see the decline of users and seems like facebook are dying even tough its still a live cause instagram is really popular. in my opinion better invest on crypto startup than stock.

cetald

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 02:38:36 PM

The US stock market closed this week in the red zone. The S&P500 index could not preserve the level 3000 and we saw that somebody was selling off the equities during last couple of days.
Why it might be so important? As we know the stock market is pretty overbought especially such the giants like Amazon, Facebook and so on. As far as I know plenty of traders are waiting a quite strong correction (10-30%) and there is the crucial question for many traders, I mean, is  it the new correction or it is just the trap for bears?
By the way does anybody have a short position in S&P500 and what is the price?

(http://i66.tinypic.com/aeqrz5.png)

Everyone is talking about the imminent fall of the US stock market. But despite the fact that it has been overbought for almost a couple of years, there is no big correction. Recently, the market reacted negatively to Trump's statements about improving the situation regarding unemployment in the United States. Financiers see this as an opportunity to raise bank rates. But there is no big correction yet. I think that everyone is waiting for some more significant reasons, as it was 10 years ago.

Secionz

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:08:49 AM

This is really how the stock market works. It can not sustain a bull market for 10 years, there is no time in the world where everything went good forever, there needs to be falls in order to have ups, there needs to be dark to see the light. Without one you can't have the other. Without stock market going down once in a while you can't have bull market to make you money.

The markets react to stuff, you can't stop that ever and when it reacts it makes investors pull their money back and causes stock brokers to sell those stocks to get the money to pay off investors all in a chain reaction causing stock market to crash. After the dust is settled, people go back to investing as usual and than just continue with their lives getting paid from investments as usual.
mazdafunsun

Activity: 490
Merit: 123

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 11:13:47 AM

Aaand down it goes again, for a few days  i started to doubt myself thinking maybe this is a correction after all. But now I am back on that bear horse, I am starting to look at commodities as investment .

nazaididuan1

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 11:31:07 AM

This wave of stock market declines does not seem to hurt the economy, so the Fed is also easy to deal with.
As the US economy is likely to peak and the Fed has barely shown signs of slowing the pace of interest rate hikes, the damage to the economy can be enormous.

⮘Pre-ICO Start - 27.04.2018⮚ ⮘https://wbb.io/⮚
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: