Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:25:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the Cryptopia-apocalypse FUND  (Read 25254 times)
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 02:34:38 AM

Hi guys, i have been in touch with a lawyer based in New Zealand. They believe the mass delisting of coins by cryptopia is unlawful. Basically they got sloppy with their terms and conditions and broke NZ law. The lawyer is interested in determining have many people have been financially damaged. Please PM me if you fall into this category & we can discuss further.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/admlly/cryptopia_class_action_lawsuit_in_response_to/

If you've lost an appreciable amount of money because of Cryptopia's delisting, then I think legal action is reasonable... BUT, that assumes the company is still trading at the time of any judgement in the customer's favour.

Otherwise, given the recent hack and probable demise of this business, by joining any class action you'll just be lining the lawyer's pockets with fees, and cutting into whatever funds remain to be paid to Cryptopia's customers.

IMHO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
four3200 (OP)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 257

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 03:41:22 PM

Irony  Tongue

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3031126.0
Response from the Cryptopia CEO (Alan Booth)

Please firstly accept that we are not scammers.
No one is going to take your coin or funds as long as we can keep the bad guys out and we are doing a huge amount of work to prevent any attacks.

Epic Fail , from the looks of it and the fact , that if other coins were affected aside from the ethereum tokens,
their has been no communication to warn the communities and no communications of the cryptopia wallet address to warn other exchanges.
The theft was bad enough, the lack of info after just makes it worse.

One Major Unanswered Question is can cryptopia even access any of the coins that were stored on their exchange,
allowing others to withdraw, or did the hacker destroy their access to all of the private keys to all of their coins.

■▐ ▎▬▬▬▬▬▬ 8 YEAR CROWDSALE▐ ▎■BUY UNO ▬▬▬▬▬▬▐ ▎■
bigDog9kiloasicTALKTop-apocalypse#420jfa#PR0#form#coin#POSpoll#simpleDEX #open🐢
four3200 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 04:00:47 PM

So what are you proposing? That we just continue to allow low difficulty networks to be exploited by people with large amounts of hash to throw around. To let them slowly make us not liquid in a bunch of alts and bleed BTC from unsuspecting users? And I suppose we should also have to cover this all ourselves rather than address the problem at hand?

Or, we could start delisting these coins that have demonstrated that they are unable to sufficiently secure their networks so that we can prevent ourselves and our users from losing coins.

If you don't understand the reasoning behind the action we're taking then you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Behave yourself!

You claimed without any evidence or understanding that we're abusing confirmations to manipulate markets and give ourselves some kind of trading advantage. You fucking behave yourself.

Famous last words?

four3200 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 04:09:16 PM

That implies the thief has full control over all those funds and always has and Cryptopia has none.

According to that - https://twitter.com/notsofast/status/1090280631077167105  that's what happened, though I've no idea how the Tweeter knows.

It still doesn't make any sense. They should have backups everywhere.

People. @Cryptopia_NZ didn't get hacked *again*. The nature of the compromise is, the attacker stole their ETH privkey and deleted topia's copy. Same hack, just new histrionic-newsable point to steal your attention if you never learned the basics of how private keys work.

-notsofast

four3200 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 08:22:37 AM

almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 01:00:53 PM

People. @Cryptopia_NZ didn't get hacked *again*. The nature of the compromise is, the attacker stole their ETH privkey and deleted topia's copy. Same hack, just new histrionic-newsable point to steal your attention if you never learned the basics of how private keys work.

-notsofast

To steal funds all you need is the private key. There's no need to delete the "original" key from Cryptopia's servers.
SamaelDNM

Activity: 732
Merit: 18

New exchange generation

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 07:16:52 PM

definitely, since cryptopia had this problem, I do not find it strange that this theft happened , after the apocalypse of currency attacked by 51%  Sad

SamaelDNM

New exchange generation

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 07:28:54 PM

Great idea!

---
This people are new on the scene and they not charge any fee https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5068288.msg49235853#msg49235853
amsterdex.com/

NO KYC

https://support.amsterdex.com/faq
How to get a currency listed?
Please submit a support ticket, and describe why you think your currency should get listed. Please provide us with as much information as possible. For example:
Type of currency
Total Supply
Source Code
Explorer Links
Website
Social Links
High Quality Logo etc.

Please note that we don't accept coins with big premines (except ICO's) and that we can refuse a listing if we don't like the currency.

I'll take a look, thanks

inheritor

Activity: 161
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 08:54:07 AM

I think Cryptopia itself stole the coins and pretends it was a theft.
SamaelDNM

New exchange generation

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 04:12:20 PM

I think it's still too early to speculate, but if I tell you, this about the problem of eliminating coins like crazy, I already smelled very strange, which I do not think is unusual

four3200 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2019, 08:56:31 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2019, 09:10:22 AM by four3200

I think it's still too early to speculate, but if I tell you, this about the problem of eliminating coins like crazy, I already smelled very strange, which I do not think is unusual

I don't  Sad

Imagine the following:

1.  A boat marina gets robbed, a 3 boats are stolen, yet the marine locks out the other 3000 boat owners for a month cuz INVESTIGATION.
2.  A hotel room is robbed, all guest are locked out of their room for a month cuz INVESTIGATION.
3.  A bank is robbed, 2 safety boxes emptied, all accounts locked for a month cuz INVESTIGATION.
4.  A child is kidnapped from a boarding school, 2 Million parents have no access to their children for a month cuz INVESTIGATION.

No statements No access for a month.

This doesn't happen any where in the real world, only in crypto.

That has to change.

Cryptopia-apocalypse FUND was set up from the delisting issue, long before the hack.

The GOAL is to re-organize a platform for all legit and established blockchain projects that reflects the original mission statement of Cryptopia, it was a good project, unfortunately money grabbers and social paths hijacked the project, and successfully destroyed the project over the year 2018.

The problem is exchanges dictating the landscape, verses a platform that provides basic healthcare services for up start coin communities.

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 01:20:23 AM

I don't  Sad

Imagine the following:

1.  A boat marina gets robbed, a 3 boats are stolen, yet the marine locks out the other 3000 boat owners for a month cuz INVESTIGATION.
2.  A hotel room is robbed, all guest are locked out of their room for a month cuz INVESTIGATION.
3.  A bank is robbed, 2 safety boxes emptied, all accounts locked for a month cuz INVESTIGATION.
4.  A child is kidnapped from a boarding school, 2 Million parents have no access to their children for a month cuz INVESTIGATION.

No statements No access for a month.

This doesn't happen any where in the real world, only in crypto.

That has to change.

Cryptopia-apocalypse FUND was set up from the delisting issue, long before the hack.

The GOAL is to re-organize a platform for all legit and established blockchain projects that reflects the original mission statement of Cryptopia, it was a good project, unfortunately money grabbers and social paths hijacked the project, and successfully destroyed the project over the year 2018.

The problem is exchanges dictating the landscape, verses a platform that provides basic healthcare services for up start coin communities.

What suggestions would you have to even begin ...

There are MANY methods of approaching this, but it would take a coherent development team, and people that would NOT walk away from the project 'because we need money in real life' or any other situation. We would be happy to help in any way we can, but food on the table is always going to be the issue no matter where you turn here mate.

I believe if we have a set of ideas AND a plan to start, then it would attract a much better field of people AND developers.

Still a good way of doing things would definitely be to at least start a list of ideas.

#crysx

four3200 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 05:54:56 AM

There are MANY methods of approaching this, but it would take a coherent development team, and people that would NOT walk away from the project 'because we need money in real life' or any other situation. We would be happy to help in any way we can, but food on the table is always going to be the issue no matter where you turn here mate.

I believe if we have a set of ideas AND a plan to start, then it would attract a much better field of people AND developers.

Still a good way of doing things would definitely be to at least start a list of ideas.

#crysx

start a list of ideas

(great first step)  Wink

(a set of ideas)

idea ONE : exchange/platform is of, for, and by the coin community (-ties).
idea TWO : exchange/platform admins/DEVs would likely be employees (verses owners).
idea THREE : work with a variety of service providers with already working products, thus the focus is on interconnecting and optimizing and combining into a joint project of said exchange/platform/resource

[I would like to keep the mission statement simple - so not many idea points]

In a sentence all coins involved share a common goal, build an exchange/platform/resource that serves to develop decentralized coin projects.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 12:16:29 PM

#crysx

start a list of ideas

(great first step)  Wink

(a set of ideas)

idea ONE : exchange/platform is of, for, and by the coin community (-ties).
idea TWO : exchange/platform admins/DEVs would likely be employees (verses owners).
idea THREE : work with a variety of service providers with already working products, thus the focus is on interconnecting and optimizing and combining into a joint project of said exchange/platform/resource

[I would like to keep the mission statement simple - so not many idea points]

In a sentence all coins involved share a common goal, build an exchange/platform/resource that serves to develop decentralized coin projects.

OK ...

So wouldn't a decentralized Exchange work well with these points thus far? Even though they have been a target for many hackers and miners, they still have some decentralization for the coins.

I would also think that a common area for the workings of the Exchange should also be decided. ie - HOW the exchange will work, not just where (if it is not a decentralized one like blocknet for example). Funds where they can be traded but not 'given' to the exchange would be another point. possibly even an effort to assign security professionals to the development list as well. How funds will be created (for the real world expenses) so that not only developers and people get paid, but also the costs for the infrastructure and codebases.

I have many more points to add here, but i think you get the drift.

The 'who when where what how' of the whole thing really needs to be taken into account, as well as the protection of the assets/currencies themselves.

#crysx

four3200 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2019, 12:54:29 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2019, 03:09:41 PM by four3200

@crysx

and other like minds...

I would suggest sticking with the exchange as it is model FIRST.
EXCEPTION ... like minded exchanges participate in a ARB pool so bids/offers can be pooled.

This allows for multiple custodial hands, lessens systematic risk.

NEXT step, coin communities offer MULTIsig cold storage (and book bid nodes), so an open source platform gets shared and is available  to coin communities.  [more multiple custodial hands, lessens systematic risk more, and coin communities sponsor these nodes]  This expands vector points and the funds are in cold storage not hot wallets thus hardens the security layer bunkers.  What do these nodes do?  Participate in the above ARB pool but also are watchtowers of blockchain (limiting reorgs or alerting of a possible reorg), and unwind slower than direct or immediate settlement because cases of reorgs.  

NEXT step, a joint venture coinmarketcap like facility to fast track ARB pool.  [charts, spot api service]

NEXT look back into blocknet / waves like DEX projects.
https://komodoplatform.com/atomic-swaps/

NEXT fund a unified dev project to integrate all the above solutions that are proven pure DEX, into a hold your own keys model.  I think this is already possible, copy paste Steem/Golos federation type systems to provide exchange services for 100s of chains.  

FINAL step all the above models can evolve into MULTIsig mechanisms to analyse bid/ask offers on the high capacity TPS federation chains to underwrite (insure) and arbitrate failed P2P settlements.

TLDR;

1. exchanges settlements POOLED
2. exchanges + coin-communities settlements POOLED
3. exchanges + coin-communities settlements POOLED +public API broadcast network
4. exchanges + coin-communities settlements POOLED +public API broadcast network +P2P 'steem' feed
5. exchanges + coin-communities settlements POOLED +public API broadcast network +P2P 'steem' feed +arbitration board/commissions

*arbitration board/commissions MIGHT not be necessary, only open ledger of peers reading the record of the open web of trust, said arbitration board/commission just provides credit scores, but does not can not enforce settlement beyond bonds already held.

Deff

Activity: 939
Merit: 261

Data HDD Repair - Recovery of lost information

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 05:03:28 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2019, 11:57:24 AM by Deff

Are there coins that have been listed on this exchange?

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 09:25:20 AM

CreamCoin (CRM) I think is the most recent one ...

That was also delisted off Cryptopia recently.

#crysx

Deff

Activity: 939
Merit: 261

Data HDD Repair - Recovery of lost information

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 10:46:33 AM

CreamCoin (CRM) I think is the most recent one ...

That was also delisted off Cryptopia recently.

#crysx

Ie, there are coins that they listed - it's good ...

Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 2216

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 04:51:59 AM

Hi, I've only just come across this thread and was wondering if SexCoin is a part of this list?  I'm trying to read through the thread, but it seems to have branched off from another discussion, so I'm not quite sure what the objectives are.

four3200 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2019, 05:08:08 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2019, 10:16:56 AM by four3200

Hi, I've only just come across this thread and was wondering if SexCoin is a part of this list?  I'm trying to read through the thread, but it seems to have branched off from another discussion, so I'm not quite sure what the objectives are.

Object
Save the coins listed on Craptopia.
Work as a single unit for most effect.
Work with the original directive of Exchanges that was [to create support platforms for the coins & their communities].
Not build exchanges for just btc extraction to the benefit of the ex owners.

SXC is more than welcome to the PARRrTY.

Cryptopia is clearly done dead for any viable coin community, for both those listed there and those once listed there.  

However, no clear multi-coin-base exchange has or is filling their vacated position.  But there are a cluster of reasonably ethical multi-coin-base exchanges taking good standing in the field.

I see something like many a coin community working with a dozen exchanges to create one solid trading blockNET.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: