Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:26:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free .0025 BTC ... withdraw immediately after claim SCAM exposed  (Read 176 times)
Blockchayne (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 43

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 07:57:54 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4), nc50lc (1)

I have seen this scam posted numerous times on Bitcointalk under this category of Games and Rounds.

Due to this and the clueless nature of those signing up and taking part in the scam. I wanted to write up this post to explain what is occurring.

The scammers will post on bitcointalk.org and say that there is a free crypto giveaway of various amounts, most commonly .002, .003, or .0025 btc.

They will forward to a website where you can signup. The scam is constantly changing the details but lately it has been a cloned interface from CEX.io .

I just recently saw the name listed as Coinplus but they just slap a new name on it and change the url and launch the scam all over again.

This is how it works. It's a two part scam.

On bitcointalk.org they give away 'free' crypto, and you can supposedly withdraw after you claim it. Once you actually sign up, the site says you must first play 1 round of their lottery game. The minimum bet is the same amount they are giving you. The claimant will get their free funds, then play the game one time, and then lose bc they are controlling the outcome.

So what's the point of all this?

Well the intended victims are not actually from this thread. In fact this is all a ruse to enhance the believability and chances of success of their primary scam.

While users on bitcointalk are all wasting their time signing up and playing a fake game with fake currency, this group of scammers is contacting individuals via private messages on other mediums, like Telegram, where i was contacted.  

The scammer claims to be the admin of a gambling website and that they need help from the prospective victim. The admin indicates that they can control the results of the lottery game and will ask the victim to log onto the site and pick any user name that is currently playing the game, and to prove that they are in control of the results, the admin will make the chosen user - the winner for that round of lottery game.  

The victim picks one of the users that is already on the website and playing the lottery game,  uhhhhhhh how about 'fucktard', admin says okay, fucktard will be the winner. And results show - wow fucktard won the game, ya see - i do control the results says the admin.

Then after a couple more rounds of bullshit its clear to all that the admin controls the result. Now here is the scam pitch.

He needs help from players that he can trust, so if you play the game he will choose you as the winner and then you each get a portion of the winnings. But in order for the victim to take part in the game, for some reason i could not understand, he needs to deposit his own money into the game......... and once the victim deposits any amount of btc ltc or eth ...........well then obviously he or she has fallen victim of this chinese scam.

So by signing up and playing this stupid fucking game with fake cryptocurrency and fake results ........ you are contributing to their other scam which preys on unsuspecting individuals whom believe they are assisting a corrupted admin steal money from players of the game.

So you can see it's kind of difficult to understand it all - but it's working obviously but hopefully by making people aware of it , word will spread and users can better protect themselves.

That's all i have!

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnjimjack

Activity: 356
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 08:48:32 PM

See - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5081286.0;topicseen

thanks for sharing.
Pages: [1]