Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:43:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the rise of immersive technologies increase the popularity of Bitcoin?  (Read 559 times)
ClassyDancer

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:18:06 AM

Many people have predicted that we will soon witness the fall of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies despite the fact that they are strongly holding up in the stock market. In light of the new developments in technology, is it safe to assume that the sudden interests in immersive technologies is the boost needed to make Bitcoin and other virtual currencies the future of finance?

Immersive as in virtual experiences? Your post reminds me of games like Second Life and High Fidelity which has its own virtual currencies. So are you saying it’s only apt to have crypto because we will eventually have virtual worlds?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JealousCup (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:22:29 AM

Immersive as in virtual experiences? Your post reminds me of games like Second Life and High Fidelity which has its own virtual currencies. So are you saying it’s only apt to have crypto because we will eventually have virtual worlds?

I am not too sure, big companies are picking up the virtual currencies' project. Do we also have to be binded to them in the virtual realm?
CarTrick

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:51:25 AM

Many people have predicted that we will soon witness the fall of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies despite the fact that they are strongly holding up in the stock market. In light of the new developments in technology, is it safe to assume that the sudden interests in immersive technologies is the boost needed to make Bitcoin and other virtual currencies the future of finance?

I don’t think bitcoin will fall just yet. But I guess you have a point in saying that the increasing popularity of technologies can help create awareness of crypto. How can it not, when technologies somehow complement each other? There’s blockchain, AI, 5G, virtual and augmented realties –for sure a virtual currency will fit perfectly in that group.
ClassyDancer

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 12:33:11 AM

I am not too sure, big companies are picking up the virtual currencies' project. Do we also have to be binded to them in the virtual realm?

Well I guess it makes sense to have a virtual currency in a virtual space. I heard developments in VR and AR will make full immersion possible, anyway. What do you think about having a future that is completely virtual though?
JealousCup (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 12:06:03 AM

I for one sure hope and expect that is what will happen - mayby not short term though. I invested in crypto late 2017 and just don't feel like selling currently  Undecided

Are you still confident after what happened today? Even I, a strong supporter of crypto-currency, am looking at the stock market with concerns. But it might be because of big corporations now supporting the development of virtual currencies. Personally, I don't think it's a good idea.
JealousCup (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 12:12:40 AM

That's the issue with many. Like, if we are to live in a fully digitalized world, the least we would need is big companies tracking our every actions and creating virtual financial crises. But, the way I see it, if nothing is done, we might be heading that way. Now the question is: "Are we willing to accept that reality or fact back the system?"
JealousCup (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 12:29:19 AM

Many people have predicted that we will soon witness the fall of Bitcoin
don't confuse FUD with prediction. and it is not many people, it is a small group who are always spreading FUD and mostly news sites that nowadays have run out of things to publish.

and other cryptocurrencies
this is nothing new. altcoins collapse all the time. you can search for deadcoins on good and see a huge list of them that have already collapsed and died and  are dying every day too!

In light of the new developments in technology, is it safe to assume that the sudden interests in immersive technologies is the boost needed to make Bitcoin and other virtual currencies the future of finance?
what sudden interest? i don't see any change. last year we had a spike in "speculators" who were mostly newbies who thought they could become millionaires and this year when altcoins got dumped on them, they left and are still leaving.

But, if we want to make crypto-currencies global and possibly decentralized, they would need to be stable otherwise, we'll all go back to the era with gold as store of value.
James_Cline

Activity: 85

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 12:49:36 AM

Since bitcoin is blockchain-based and runs because of the internet, I think it makes sense that attention for other progressing technologies will also boost the presence of bitcoin and other cryptos. I mean, all techs are somehow connected, right? Let’s say 5G can power virtual reality, and a virtual space could function like the real world because of a virtual currency. Makes sense, right?
JealousCup (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 01:01:49 AM

Since bitcoin is blockchain-based and runs because of the internet, I think it makes sense that attention for other progressing technologies will also boost the presence of bitcoin and other cryptos. I mean, all techs are somehow connected, right? Let’s say 5G can power virtual reality, and a virtual space could function like the real world because of a virtual currency. Makes sense, right?

Totally, but do we have the right infrastructures to ensure the system will be resilient at all time? Are we going too fast?
sawree6

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:59:38 PM

Honestly, I got tired of hearing predictions from experts about Bitcoin's death. After 10 years of its successful operation, the skepticism has to dissapear. The rise of immersive technologies is not necessarily influential, as it will have impact mostly on the community which already believes in Bitcoin. We need to educate the masses to make it popular worldwide.
JealousCup (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 10:06:35 PM

Honestly, I got tired of hearing predictions from experts about Bitcoin's death. After 10 years of its successful operation, the skepticism has to dissapear. The rise of immersive technologies is not necessarily influential, as it will have impact mostly on the community which already believes in Bitcoin. We need to educate the masses to make it popular worldwide.

I don't know how successful such initiative would be given the current situation with crypto-currencies in the stock market but I don't think we'll have a choice if more people start using VR/AR/devices more frequently.
greg458

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 10:22:07 PM

Do your own research,make your own predictions,stop listening to what people say,even the news this days carry negative information about the bitcoin that could lead to panic in the midst of it's enthusiasts...

There happens to be no correlation whatsoever between interest in technology and the future of the bitcoin,it just doesn't match
JealousCup (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 10:43:56 PM

There happens to be no correlation whatsoever between interest in technology and the future of the bitcoin,it just doesn't match
You really don't think that as human activities become more digitalized, the demand for cyber-currencies will not increase?
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 11:20:51 PM

yes, bitcoin is the parent of altcoin, and I think it's very safe to create other altcoins in the future.

it will not affect bitcoin and will not create bullish.
swiftbits

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 12:24:00 AM

Immersive technologies could not be the solution but new developments in tech could help since digital assets are already in-demand and not new to the interweb and public, more digital coins will be developed and prime coin like btc will surely get its shares of popularity

▀▀█▄
     ▀▀██▄▄██████▄████▄
      ▄▄███████████▀█▄
  ▄█████████████████▄█▄ ▄
 ▀  ▀██████████████▀▀█████
   ▄██████▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▀█▀
 ▄███████▄▄█▀               █
█▀▀ ▀██████▀                █
    ██████▄█▌              ██
   █████████             ▄██▌
    █▀ ▀█████ █▄ ▐▄  ▄█████▀
         ▀███████ ██▄▄███▀
           ▀▀█████████▀
.CoinDragon.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
..No.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
             ▄▄██████▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄████████████
 ▄███████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
     ██  ▄▄   ██  ▄▄   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ▀▀  ██   ▀▀  ██   ▀▀
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Competitions
& Tournaments
for All
JealousCup (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 12:20:50 AM

Immersive technologies could not be the solution but new developments in tech could help since digital assets are already in-demand and not new to the interweb and public, more digital coins will be developed and prime coin like btc will surely get its shares of popularity
I get your point but what do you think of block-chain based technologies to make Bitcoin more popular?
Lomberjack

Activity: 384
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 01:16:55 AM

Actually for me, that is all we need to spread the knowledge about cryptocurrencies especially about Bitcoin. The world is towards the technology so it means, Bitcoin will be known in the future by every country and every people.
JealousCup (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 10:04:46 PM

Well I guess it makes sense to have a virtual currency in a virtual space. I heard developments in VR and AR will make full immersion possible, anyway. What do you think about having a future that is completely virtual though?

I'm definitely enthusiastic about such future, hence why I started reading more about the Virternity project. Apparently, they want to make it a thing.
satosibtc1000

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 02:21:44 PM

The fall in price is just a coincidence and the correction that occurred as a consequence of the rapid growth but bitcoin shows signs of life and shows minimal growth and the prospect of it is very large in my opinion.
blueteam09

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 02:26:43 PM

Technology is one of the reasons why Crypto is growing and reaching out to many people around the world. But Cryptocurrency has many advantages over securities, and it meets the requirements of investors who want to remain anonymous.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: