Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:19:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can there be other ways to earn merit?  (Read 554 times)
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3833

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 09:27:40 AM

I agree with the majority here. If a certain user reaches 1000 activity without a single merit, then there's a problem for sure; but with the user himself/herself, not the merit system. Chances are, the user is a shitposter/spammer; or both. I heavily disagree with them being given 1 merit just because they reached 1000 activity.

The current merit system is good enough in my opinion. We probably just need more merit sources.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 09:45:28 AM

No free merits should be given on basis of activity. It will again encourage activity based spam.
Those who got the desire ultimately find the way.

1 merit is really not that hard to find if you are really contributing in this forum.Newbies who are creating thread in Meta saying that 1 merit is impossible actually want free airdrop of rank/Merit.

I am alive
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 10:17:07 AM

No free merits should be given on basis of activity. It will again encourage activity based spam.
Those who got the desire ultimately find the way.

1 merit is really not that hard to find if you are really contributing in this forum.Newbies who are creating thread in Meta saying that 1 merit is impossible actually want free airdrop of rank/Merit.
The problem is not only getting 1 merit but instead it is also about how one could rank up. Even you I think could attest about it in your thread Finally a turtle crossed the finish line where you have gone some hard days before you rank up. Besides, you are a good poster and only few numbers of users here that has reached a posting skill like you.

Probably it will be a war cry to us to promote ourselves here. In fact I have some complain also regarding with the merit system during the earlier days of my tenure in this forum. However, I learn not to cry for it over and over again.

It was not only me, I feel those newbie posting in this section just to get merit. I know they have done it wrong and they were just impatient to get at least one merit. But, they will not going to learn anyway if we will tolerate it also on giving free merits. So, let us just say to continue what the admin wants for the new comers and let them feel that learning is still the best way to be here in this forum. But, after getting some basics helping some users to rank up would be ideal.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2324
Merit: 758

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 01:56:19 PM

The current merit system is good enough in my opinion. We probably just need more merit sources.
Even if the current merit sources exhaust their merits rather than burning it unspend will make huge differences and more merit sources will be good to have.So people who are applying to be a merit source need to think that they have enough time to analyse the post in different sections or don't be a merit source.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
mk4
Legendary

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 01:59:13 PM

Even if the current merit sources exhaust their merits rather than burning it unspend will make huge differences and more merit sources will be good to have.So people who are applying to be a merit source need to think that they have enough time to analyse the post in different sections or don't be a merit source.

I mean, there's probably a reason on why some of the merit sources doesn't give out much merit, especially to the lower ranks. Maybe it's just that most of them doesn't see much quality content to actually give their merits to? I don't know if lowering their post quality standards is the right move here.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 03:21:23 PM

I mean, there's probably a reason on why some of the merit sources doesn't give out much merit, especially to the lower ranks. Maybe it's just that most of them doesn't see much quality content to actually give their merits to? I don't know if lowering their post quality standards is the right move here.

Every newbie who isn’t the alt of someone comes here with no knowledge of the forum and little to no knowledge of crypto.

I lingered in the cryptospace for a few months before making an account here. Other people probably aren’t as enthusiastic.
There’s also the thing if newbies now have to buy copper membership if they want to join a signature, this wasn’t the case when I joined and there weee a lot of campaigns offering spaces to newbies which is what kept me here for the first few months while trying to get my head around bitcoin.

Let’s face it though, if I had my way and the 1000 activity = 1 merit, the altcoin section would be gone too... The major altcoins like litecoin, eth and dash could still happily exist here just not the bounty campaigns with millions of pages or the icons which are likely to scam at any point. (Most of them are anyway).
mk4
Legendary

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 04:25:47 PM

Every newbie who isn’t the alt of someone comes here with no knowledge of the forum and little to no knowledge of crypto.

I lingered in the cryptospace for a few months before making an account here. Other people probably aren’t as enthusiastic.

While that could be true, you can almost easily differentiate the people who registered here on bitcointalk solely for collecting bounties, to those who registered here for their genuine curiosity about bitcoin or cryptocurrencies in general. The former tends to usually immediately spam posts for activity points.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:16:42 PM

The problem is not only getting 1 merit but instead it is also about how one could rank up.

That is now a different problem. I think might we should lower merit requirement for rank up. But in reality the question will come why you want rank up here?
If you say for gaining knowledge, then you do not need to rank up.
If you say for taking part in discussion, then again you do not need to rank up.
If you say for earning, you just frowned the community here and now community wants you to prove your worth.

where you have gone some hard days before you rank up.

In reality, those hard days never made me impatient. I am always  gathering hints and I become more refined .

It was not only me, I feel those newbie posting in this section just to get merit. I know they have done it wrong and they were just impatient to get at least one merit. But, they will not going to learn anyway if we will tolerate it also on giving free merits. So, let us just say to continue what the admin wants for the new comers and let them feel that learning is still the best way to be here in this forum. But, after getting some basics helping some users to rank up would be ideal.

That's the key, impatience will not help you to get get Merits.

I am alive
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:33:30 PM

The problem is not only getting 1 merit but instead it is also about how one could rank up.

That is now a different problem. I think might we should lower merit requirement for rank up. But in reality the question will come why you want rank up here?
If you say for gaining knowledge, then you do not need to rank up.
If you say for taking part in discussion, then again you do not need to rank up.
If you say for earning, you just frowned the community here and now community wants you to prove your worth.

where you have gone some hard days before you rank up.

In reality, those hard days never made me impatient. I am always  gathering hints and I become more refined .

That's the key, impatience will not help you to get get Merits.

I see an excuse for moving merit requirements down, however I also see an excuse for moving merit requirements up too.
If you’re getting to a point in your head when you’re thinking that way, they’re probably about average then.

And that’s true about rankings.
You demand more respect in the amount of reliable trust feedbacks you have probably more so than the ranks on here a lot of of the time...

Most people come here with a thirst for knowledge and wealth. A lot of people come here just after one which is the point where it never really works out... if you’re here only for knowledge, you shut off a lot of the forum and if you’re here only for wealth then there’s clearly going to be some problems.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: