Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:39:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCom was intentional, p2p msg was desperation, Dorian is a genius mastermind  (Read 3681 times)
ar9

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:40:34 PM

Any lengths to hide himself?  Including using his real name?

in a way, couldn't that be the brilliance of it all ?

LOL
You're reaching buddy.
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:44:59 PM

The whole thing is really weird

- Police confirms he was talking about bitcoin
- First public speak was a "free lunch" ( typical libertarian expression )
- Real satoshi speaks out after so many time
- what OP said

Then he is on the cover of a magazine, several reporters on his door, and sill don't knoe what bitcoin is??? Unlikely.
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:56:49 PM

also look at his face, he was having lots of fun
kthejung

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:01:53 PM

He wouldn't be the first one to do something great and then avoid credit; only to secretly want to be "found out" someday.  Think about how people make secret donations to charities and then get outed.  How can anyone truly cut all ties with the possibility of receiving credit for their work?  I think Dorian got spooked when the media point him out as Satoshi because the statement is too definitive; he wants to tied to the project somewhat but wants to remain murky.  Whether Dorian is the creator nor not, I think he realized the possible negativity the fame could bring and therefore denied everything.      Who the creator really is and what he intends to do with the genesis blocks is part of the mystique of bitcoins and therefore I personally do not care to find out the creator anytime soon.
mz1000

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:10:52 PM

I think Dorian got spooked when the media point him out as Satoshi because the statement is too definitive; he wants to tied to the project somewhat but wants to remain murky.  Whether Dorian is the creator nor not, I think he realized the possible negativity the fame could bring and therefore denied everything.

I think he realised that a long long time ago.
vinipoars

Activity: 581
Merit: 507

To the moon!

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 09:18:35 PM

I'm trying to use Ockham's razor and don't over thinking. Maybe more will come soon...
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4500

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:25:35 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 11:21:04 PM by franky1

i laugh at most people thinking the bitcoin creator is some omnipresent being, all seing all knowing character that knows everything.

the bitcoin creator knows c++ and maths. not maths of the 1960's but modern maths. with his british education it shows that he cant be a 60+yo american. logs show that the bitcoin creator does not know so much about linux. so ill say it now and repeat later. the bitcoin  creator is not some 500+IQ god.

dorian did not mis understand bitcoin as a act of smart planning. he done it coz dorian does not know bitcoins and he thought it was a project he was involved in when working for the government in 2001. he did not realise that its a whole different project from 2008+

your opinion that he done the misunderstandings is based on your personal belief that the bitcoin creator is a god.

its  well known fact that the bitcoin creator was not great at linux programming and other things, this is why other people like gavin andresen and others helped the bitcoin creator to make the protocol, basd on the creators white paper.

no 60+yo guy with bad english would firstly write a white paper, and secondly write it in great quality british wording.

stop thinking the bitcoin creator is a 500 IQ god, as you start to think dorian is a liar because of your self belief that dorian is a genius hiding in a frail old man's body.

white papers are not for old working/retired men. they are for college geeks trying to make a name for themselves.

the white paper, irc chat logs and forum posts have more evidence that satoshi is not any more then 40yo from personality studies. looking at dorians blogs, and other public information the two styles of writings do not match.

again the bitcoin creator and dorian only have two things in common
1. their name
2. the fact that they are not 500+IQ gods.

yes bitcoin creator invented bitcoin. yes dorian programmed a few systems but that does not make them gods, or the same person.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:26:27 PM

Not really, using your real name makes you easier to track down doofus

imagine the creator of bitcoin was screename barack obama, we all speculated who barack obama saying no way he's the POTUS who made bitcoin. (JUST LIKE WE NEVER EXPECTED SATOSHI TO BE NAMED SATOSHI IN REAL LIFE)

One day a journalist tracks down all the info and it leads to barack obama the POTUS, Barack obama is confronted and he's like lmao what is Bitcom , i never communicated with it, WTF i'm the POTUS how i have time to make BitCom.

Then he goes to his oval office, smirks at the window and laughs at us all. Yes it's a brilliant cover and a perfect war game a genius can come up with.

The difference is Obama is no genius
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTbOMzOlpI
virtualprofit

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:26:29 PM

Dorian speak english , japanese , russian , deutsche.  He is physicist. He has worked for the CIA. He is good programmer C++ and good knowledge in networking , threading, database. Tor project of course have no secrets for him maybe he had been working on. Because he has worked for CIA , he has created a fake profile for hide the true Satoshi. His outstanding talent for theatre is amazing.

Yes dorian is a genius !   Wait a minute, wait a minute, noooo i found IT'S THE MESSIAH who came down to the earth to save mankind !!
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4500

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:18:52 PM

The whole thing is really weird

- Police confirms he was talking about bitcoin
police confirm SHE was talking about bitcoin and confirm he said he is not involved in THAT anymore. poor dorian thinks she was hounding him about a government project he done in 2001

- First public speak was a "free lunch" ( typical libertarian expression )
even capitalists, anarcists, priests, judges, police wouldnt turn down a free lunch

- Real satoshi speaks out after so many time
the 5 years of other alleged people being satoshi did not involve camera crews and international media. the bitcoin creator does not read the forum drama anymore, he has moved on. and as such does not see the extent of the previous allegations. and definitely does not use it affecting people real lives. but this story has impacted innocent lives. so anyone with morals and views of a happier world would do something as simple as saying that dorian is not them.

- what OP said

Then he is on the cover of a magazine, several reporters on his door, and sill don't knoe what bitcoin is??? Unlikely.

the OP is full of crud, and the magazine pictures were used AFTER the interviews. so how can having a picture taken after you have been accused, mean that you knew the topic beforehand

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:25:01 PM

Maybe, at the beginning, He just did not expect it to be so successful and did not pay that attention to this detail,...after all, he was not using he's official name nor the one people used to call him.

Exactly. Writers would often use their mothers' maiden names as pseudonyms: Satoshi was something like that for Dorian: a name he abandoned in 1973, in 2009 probably nobody but (some) of the closest family knew what that middle initial "S" stands for - or that even there is a middle initial.
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:34:29 PM

I'm starting to lean towards Dorian = Satoshi = media trolling genius mastermind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjkY__9C6f0&t=0m53s

Apparently he's saying something like he doesn't speak English -- only using russian and german to do it.  I like this guy.

Yeah, he is saying "I do not speak English, I do not understand English"

Mostly in Russian, only "no" is in German.

Now I saw better quality video and got it. Earlier, I saw comments that he was speaking Japanese, but his japanese was rather "rusty", lol.

He definitely can communicate in English better than that - he is showing it earlier in this video and in another videos.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:48:35 AM

Any lengths to hide himself?  Including using his real name?

in a way, couldn't that be the brilliance of it all ?

No. Not at all.

Satoshi followed OPSEC very strictly, from the very first moment - just a) read the crypto mailing list, b) his posts on this forum and c) the private mails exchanged with him leaked by other devs - there's no chance he would have broken one of the first OPSEC rules: compartimentalization. Never mix your real identity with your anonymous activity.

The "hiding in plain sight" story is simply retarded.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:56:51 AM

Not really, using your real name makes you easier to track down doofus

imagine the creator of bitcoin was screename barack obama, we all speculated who barack obama saying no way he's the POTUS who made bitcoin. (JUST LIKE WE NEVER EXPECTED SATOSHI TO BE NAMED SATOSHI IN REAL LIFE)

One day a journalist tracks down all the info and it leads to barack obama the POTUS, Barack obama is confronted and he's like lmao what is Bitcom , i never communicated with it, WTF i'm the POTUS how i have time to make BitCom.

Then he goes to his oval office, smirks at the window and laughs at us all. Yes it's a brilliant cover and a perfect war game a genius can come up with.

Imagine shit really hist the fan and the gov. wants to go hard against Bitcoin. That was a very real worry for Satoshi, that's why he used Tor and duly ignored ALL questions about his background, interests, location... From the very first minute. Just read his appeal to Wikipedia, etc... He was scared to death of Gov. intervention.

Well, three letter agencies are not journos: there will be no "interview" - there will be harsh interrogation techniques. In an extreme scenario (which you can bet Satoshi did not rule out) all possible targets will just be eliminated. Core devs, Hal, and every Satoshi Nakamoto in the world with a plausible background (computers basically) would be a target on the list.

If you want to be anonymous linking your work to your real name is just so dumb that is beyond discussion - if Gov. comes after your creation you WILL be a target, and therefore using/linking your real name to such a secret project is plain and simply an epic OPSEC failure which would lead to almost assured failure.

And please don't say stupid things like "at the beginning he didn't think Bitcoin would have succeed, it was just an academic exercise, so he used his real name"... That's just a demonstration you didn't think about this for more than 1 minute. Satoshi went to great lengths to be anonymous FROM MINUTE 1, never ever he said ANYTHING that could have been linked to his real identity (not a single hint about his background, interests, location), he ALWAYS used Tor and, furthermore, Bitcoin is a project which is clearly the final realization of YEARS of work.

IMO the most plausible candidate for being Satoshi is Nick Szabo. Their work is too similar and the fact Satoshi never mentioned Nick (because OPSEC) is too telling.

Ix

Activity: 218
Merit: 128

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:13:25 AM

Maybe, at the beginning, He just did not expect it to be so successful and did not pay that attention to this detail,...after all, he was not using he's official name nor the one people used to call him.

Exactly. Writers would often use their mothers' maiden names as pseudonyms: Satoshi was something like that for Dorian: a name he abandoned in 1973, in 2009 probably nobody but (some) of the closest family knew what that middle initial "S" stands for - or that even there is a middle initial.

If the whitepaper was written by "satoshi" and not "satoshi nakamoto", maybe this would be a good argument--but narrowing it down to a given name + a surname? That's not much of a pseudonym. It seems more than coincidental that somebody who could possibly fit the profile of satoshi has the same name as his pseudonym, but I think you have to call it serendipity. We'll probably find out one way or another for sure about Dorian though as his life gets ripped apart over the next few weeks/months.
Bonio

Activity: 127

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:51:41 PM

What if he stole the idea from when he was working for the CIA Smiley

S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:59:44 PM

What if he stole the idea from when he was working for the CIA Smiley

HuhHuhHuh

Wouldn't they had "silenced" him down by now?
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 02:01:17 PM

Well personally, I think all the evidence points to Batman, but that's just me.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:16:51 PM

Well personally, I think all the evidence points to Batman, but that's just me.

It was Superman. He fits the profile and wears glasses  Grin
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 02:47:06 PM

I think it's obvious what happened.  When he first posted the original paper, there were lots of small cryptocoin systems out there.  If you read the message board you can see comments from other people working on other systems, but not with a blockchain.

Later on, bitcoin blows up and he decides anonymity would be better, and eventually leaves the project.

His brother said he suffered a stroke, and it may be that he's no longer as smart as he used to be. It's also possible he forgot the passwords to his crypographic keys. That might be one reason why he might not want to come forward - if he'd lost the keys he could be extremely embarrassed.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: