Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:59:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Errors trying to post  (Read 251 times)
digitalcitizen (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 115
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 09:26:18 PM

I keep getting a message that my last post was within 360 seconds ago, which is not correct.

Is there a way to fix this permanently?

Thanks,
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 09:31:40 PM

I think it’s more the last activity was 360 seconds prior.

Go away for 10 minutes and try posting again (leave the prewritten post in the post editor though). The lomitd get more friendly as you gain activity though.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 09:51:16 PM

Yes, there is a way that you can fix it but you need to pay a small donation to become a copper member if you buy this position you won't experience this errors again and the good advantage of copper member compared to a newbie you can post an image and lesser post interval.

Take a look at this Paid Membership here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=credit;promote

Also, read this below.
What are the time limits on posting and the levels??
I know 360 seconds are for new people like me, but was wondering if there was break down somewhere on this.

Code:
waittime = 360;
if(activity >= 15)
        waittime = (int)(90 - activity);
if(activity >= 60)
        waittime=(int)(34.7586 - (0.0793103 * activity));
if(activity >= 100)
        waittime = max((int)(14-(activity/50)), 4);

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
digitalcitizen (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 10:21:13 PM

Thanks!

That was a very reasonable donation to participate a bit more.

I think one problem I had was removing my proxyban "units of evil."  Smiley
Ardavan2150

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:59:47 PM

After you become a Junior member member this restriction becomes less strict. Search about the forum rules and you will realize how this works.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 12:04:16 AM

Thanks!

That was a very reasonable donation to participate a bit more.

I think one problem I had was removing my proxyban "units of evil."  Smiley

If you bought the membership, you also have to wear it. Go back to the page you signed up with and click the copper member on the drop down menu and hit the submit button for the membership to take effect.
If you don’t wear it you’ll be stuck with the same restrictions as before.
Marshall14

Activity: 112
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 04:35:47 AM

That was a very reasonable donation to participate a bit more
Definitely the forum needs such donations from users struggling to rank up and bypass some restrictions..
But in my own honest opinion it's always more honorable to rank up the normal way...
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 04:55:16 AM

I keep getting a message that my last post was within 360 seconds ago, which is not correct.
I think the timer keeps resetting whenever you tried to post within wait time period
try to wait full 6-7 minutes before pressing the post button

just be patient... once you reached 15 activity, you will only have to wait ~1 minute
or as suggested by BitMaxz, you can buy Copper membership Wink

Copper Members currently have these bonuses:
- Your "you must wait ____ seconds between ___" counter is reduced by 75%. So if you're naturally of Newbie rank, you only have to wait 360-75% = 90 seconds.

Marcel666

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:28:31 AM

After you become a Junior member member this restriction becomes less strict. Search about the forum rules and you will realize how this works.

After the first two weeks, in which the user gained the available 14 activity, the restriction is reduced, and those members (although still nrwbies) are able to post faster than the 360seconds limit, and except they're spamming the forum they won't notice the little time restriction.

OP is probably, not an error, either you miscounted, or other parameters like last activity is used.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
HODL2090

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:48:37 AM

There are two ways to fix it permanently, one you manage the restrictions (which was made so you read more rather than write) till your activity crosses 14 at which point most of the restrictions would be lifted. And when you cross 28 you won't notice any of them.

Alternatively you can purchase copper membership which would lift most of the newbie restrictions.
The link is at the top dashboard, in the MORE option.
Peacemaker1994

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 06:45:15 AM

You are still new and will experience some sort of time limitations that will restrict the number of consecutive post you would be able to make.  But not to worry the time limitations would reduce as you stay in the forum till its completely gone
digitalcitizen (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 10:11:47 AM

just be patient... once you reached 15 activity, you will only have to wait ~1 minute
or as suggested by BitMaxz, you can buy Copper membership Wink

Got copper, thanks!  Just had to search then come back here and find out how to wear it. Smiley

Thanks everyone, appreciated.
manfredmann

Activity: 518
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 10:54:34 AM

Thanks,
Yeah there are sometimes that I have been encountering a problem like this but I consider this problem as minimal since I can managed how to continue post even if will going to have an error. You should get a good browser like google chrome or mozilla firefox for everytime you will go back to your history all of your post could be retrieve. Copy all your post and reopen the thread you want to give a reply and then click post. Problem will solve easy as eating a pie.

Take a look on this picture.

Probably there were still some other way to do this but this is how I do it.
digitalcitizen (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 12:30:41 PM

Yeah there are sometimes that I have been encountering a problem like this but I consider this problem as minimal since I can managed how to continue post even if will going to have an error. You should get a good browser like google chrome or mozilla firefox for everytime you will go back to your history all of your post could be retrieve. Copy all your post and reopen the thread you want to give a reply and then click post. Problem will solve easy as eating a pie.

Probably there were still some other way to do this but this is how I do it.

Thanks!  I'll check out that solution if I have any more issues.  For me it seems to be resolved now.  I use the latest Chrome and Firefox browsers.  I don't think that makes much of a difference (I even tried Edge on a Windows system) but it's good now.

Cheers for the steps and screenshots.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: