Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:26:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BLA] BLABBER — The Social Platform Exclusively for the Crypto Community  (Read 280 times)
blabberofficial (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 09:55:38 AM

Website | Whitepaper | Lightpaper | Telegram | Twitter | Medium

The BLABBER In-App-Bounty Program will be announced shortly in a separate thread.

We are looking forward to an exciting future with the Crypto Community

Let's build the social platform of the future for the Crypto Community. Send us feedback and participate
in development decisions. Only together we are able to realize our ambitions establishing a social platform
that eliminates shady paid services, fake reputation, and spam creating a Community of Values that users can trust.

If you have any questions or need help, please join us on Telegram

To report bugs or provide feedback, please use our Feedback Form

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JimmyNg90
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 10:37:29 AM

Your project has a good concept. I think it will be possible to convince investor. But I have a question, could you please answer me? I notice that users can earn tokens from providing their personal data and consuming advertisement. How will you solve the problem of farming tokens with multiple accounts? I know that you have a verified system but cheaters now are cunning. I hope to hear a wise plan from you. Thank you.  Smiley

╭═══════════════════   PETLIFE  ═══════════════════╮
│   Blockchain in veterinary medicine  │
╰════════════ FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM ══════════════╯
netto7

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:20:13 AM

great project wait for bounty
michaelfreund

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 11:59:16 AM

Your project has a good concept. I think it will be possible to convince investor. But I have a question, could you please answer me? I notice that users can earn tokens from providing their personal data and consuming advertisement. How will you solve the problem of farming tokens with multiple accounts? I know that you have a verified system but cheaters now are cunning. I hope to hear a wise plan from you. Thank you.  Smiley

JimmyNg90, thanks for your question on this subject.

This is a known issue, and we're working hard to find a good solution. At this point, we can't really say how to mitigate such "fraudulent" attacks, since we all know: "No plan survives the first enemy contact".

There are currently several approaches that we have already discussed.

1. People MUST have a certain amount of BLA on their wallets before they can start earning more BLA with ads. However, this prevents newcomers from earning BLA through ads and forces users to first spend money to buy BLA.
2. We will, of course, develop a system that tries to identify bots, but in practice, these systems are never perfect and can be bypassed. However, this approach could be a step in the right direction.
3. People are only allowed to earn BLA with ads if they are "approved" by the community. However, this can also be bypassed if a person creates many bots that "approve" themselves. But this approach could be a step in the right direction.
4. People must be verified in some way to earn BLA with ads. This verification can be done using blockchain verification software or more traditional approaches such as video ident.

However, the final solution will not be one of these points alone, but a combination of them. Ultimately, a user must be identified as a real human being. How this could be technically achieved is indicated in points 3 and 4.

Best
Michael
phucdigan

Activity: 490
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 12:13:37 PM

It seems that because twitter recently tightened their rules and caused trouble when locking up a lot of crypto-related accounts, people were more interested in new social networking projects.
I'm using a social network similar to Blabber is Empowr in the past few months. Although they are pretty good, they still can not eliminate fake reputation, and spam.
How does blabber solve two problems fake reputation and spam?
tuthienloc92bk

Activity: 364
Merit: 34

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 12:43:36 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2018, 12:59:46 PM by tuthienloc92bk

Excuse me. I have just taken a look at your annoucement. It shows that users can monetize from your app. But I cannot see another way to use your token. I think there should be some functions in order to users utilize their tokens such as voting for good contents, donating for some activities, ... It seems that only one way to using token is paying for views. This is just my opinion.
michaelfreund

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 02:08:27 PM

It seems that because twitter recently tightened their rules and caused trouble when locking up a lot of crypto-related accounts, people were more interested in new social networking projects.
I'm using a social network similar to Blabber is Empowr in the past few months. Although they are pretty good, they still can not eliminate fake reputation, and spam.

Hello, phucdigan and thanks for your question.

As one of our core features, we have integrated a mechanism to ensure a secure and transparent reputation for each individual user. BLABBER calculates a dynamic "karma" for each user, based on interactions within the network and interactions with the user’s content through other users. Different on- and off-chain metrics such as collected and granted rewards, the number of posts and comments and their respective quality, as well as received likes and troll votes are used to calculate a user's karma.

Karma has a profound impact on the visibility of a user’s content within the community. In particular, "troll votes" can significantly reduce the visibility of new content of a user who has received the votes. An important factor in troll voting is that a vote is always associated with a certain strength, which in turn is calculated from the karma of the user who casts the vote. For example, a new user's troll vote has very little to no strength and cannot be used to intentionally harm other users. At the same time, the troll vote of a user with a high reputation has a much greater impact within the community.

A cooldown interval will be implemented to circumvent "troll vote" power abuse of users with high karma (high "troll vote" power). During this interval, every "troll vote" will become less and less powerful than the one before. All "troll votes" in the said interval will be included to calculate the power of the next "troll vote". The user must wait for the interval to pass to regain full "troll vote" power. Although the "troll vote" power decreases with every additional "troll vote" of a user, the "troll vote" power never becomes zero, but converges to zero.

The BLA Token, therefore, plays a central role in calculating a user's reputation and in this sense represents a utility with which reputation generation is made secure and transparent. With this mechanism, we will create a "self-regulating" community where users impact the relevance and visibility of content by means of their interactions and therefore are able to prevent spam without the need of a central authority.

Best
Michael
starkovblue

Activity: 966
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 02:35:42 PM

Reputation and spam in the virtual world seems to me unrealistic to eliminate. This problem has been and will be until the strictest form of aml + kyc is introduced.

Crypto is a very unique industry, where the line between "deserves to be in jail" and "leading member of the community" is as thin as one-ply toilet paper.
JimmyNg90
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:35:37 AM

4. People must be verified in some way to earn BLA with ads. This verification can be done using blockchain verification software or more traditional approaches such as video ident.

However, the final solution will not be one of these points alone, but a combination of them. Ultimately, a user must be identified as a real human being. How this could be technically achieved is indicated in points 3 and 4.

Best
Michael

I'm glad to see your response. I appreciate 4th method. Using blockchain verification software is a good idea. I like the ways you solve the problems, it's professional and knowing leveraging blockchain technology. I expect to your success. Good luck!

╭═══════════════════   PETLIFE  ═══════════════════╮
│   Blockchain in veterinary medicine  │
╰════════════ FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM ══════════════╯
septi.JR

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:38:54 PM

hello there. . can i ask what is the current stage of ico now for BLABBER, like when it will end?
i can't find details on the website regarding token sale ?

````````````````██
```````````````████
``````````````██████``█
`````````````▓▓██████`██
````````````▓▓▓██████████
```````````▓▓▓▓▓██████████
``````````▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████
`````````███████████████████
````````█████████████████████
```````███████████████████████
`````██████████████████████████
````███████████``````███████▓▓▓▓
```████████████``````███████▓▓▓▓▓
``█████████████``````█████████▓▓▓▓
`████████``````````````````████████
█████████``````````````````█████████
█████████``````````````````██████████
``█████████████``````██████████████
`````██████████``````███████████
````````███████``````████████
```````````███████████████
``````````````█████████
Greentoken
ROCKZ
|
secondbtc

Activity: 180
Merit: 12

SecondBTC - Trade and Earn

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 06:58:38 PM

Location-based social network is very popular and apps like tinder are good example
All the best for your product

starkovblue

Activity: 966
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 06:22:47 PM

Location-based social network is very popular and apps like tinder are good example
All the best for your product

Only it is necessary to understand that in such a market everyone will prefer and stay in their groups in a discord and telegraph. Nobody prefers new platforms simply because there are no people there and they don’t want to work with them and this is a fact.

Crypto is a very unique industry, where the line between "deserves to be in jail" and "leading member of the community" is as thin as one-ply toilet paper.
Krezz2017

Activity: 560
Merit: 128

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:50:00 PM

Social platforms now created quite a few. But, I think in terms of functionality, this platform should take one of the worthy places among the other platforms.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: