Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:24:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will be replace by ALTS in the future?  (Read 1068 times)
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 02:19:06 PM

Hello guys! As usual my habit is to check this website https://coinmarketcap.com/ for crypto market price. I saw that bitcoin still dominate in the market.

Take a look in this picture.

The Bitcoin Dominance recorded is still at 52.3%

This is why Bitcoin is the most expensive crypto in the market. But, there is one thing also that struck me and that is the growing number of crypto in the market.

It was recorded at 2093 cryptocurrencies being listed in coinmarketcap and does not include some crypto that are not listed on coinmarketcap for now. So many cryptocurrency to choose from so brace yourself on what crypto will you should consider to contribute or invest.

Bitcoin vs. Altcoins

I get this graph from coinhills (https://www.coinhills.com/statistics/volume-bitcoin-altcoin/) that shows the trend chart of Bitcoin volume strength versus Altcoins. A great number of altcoins combine will soon going to surpass bitcoin and remove its dominant in the market and probably few crypto will dominate in the altcoins group in the near future.

The question is that: Is there any possibility that dominant altcoins will take over bitcoin in the ranking in the future?

No the alts will never over take from bitcoins, even with them running in hundreds they can't beat the popularity that bitcoins get. It's pertinent to remember that bitcoins prices will always recover, but once alts crash they take years to recover, for example look what happened to bitcoins cash. If you see adoption wise people prefer to have bitcoins in a trade deal, only few other alts are accepted, hence I don't believe alts will take over bitcoins.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 02:59:41 PM

Bitcoin will not be replace by alts as bitcoin is more popular and many company already started to accept bitcoin as their payment method. I think when there will be no bitcoin, there will be no alt coin in this world.
That is natural because Bitcoin has a very good level of trust by the public. Bitcoin is the main currency that has been trusted and has been used by various sectors. There are even several large companies that apply Bitcoin to their financial systems. There is nothing strange, when the Bitcoin market controls the global market today. Even in the future I am sure the role of Bitcoin will be far greater than Altcoin. This is a fact and we see all of these facts as something to look forward to.

Bitcoin will still be an extraordinary digital coin, the role and benefits of Bitcoin will be used by more and more people in the world.
kaisa

Activity: 560
Merit: 145

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 04:39:46 PM

That is natural because Bitcoin has a very good level of trust by the public. Bitcoin is the main currency that has been trusted and has been used by various sectors. There are even several large companies that apply Bitcoin to their financial systems. There is nothing strange, when the Bitcoin market controls the global market today. Even in the future I am sure the role of Bitcoin will be far greater than Altcoin. This is a fact and we see all of these facts as something to look forward to.

Bitcoin will still be an extraordinary digital coin, the role and benefits of Bitcoin will be used by more and more people in the world.

I have the same thoughts as you, but there are some strange things in my opinion. When bitcoin goes down it also follows. Even though they are different in terms of concepts and uses. So, what if bitcoin is used as a benchmark price for all crypto?
Captain Sneeze

Activity: 351
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 05:03:48 PM

Hello guys! As usual my habit is to check this website https://coinmarketcap.com/ for crypto market price. I saw that bitcoin still dominate in the market.

This is why Bitcoin is the most expensive crypto in the market. But, there is one thing also that struck me and that is the growing number of crypto in the market.

It was recorded at 2093 cryptocurrencies being listed in coinmarketcap and does not include some crypto that are not listed on coinmarketcap for now. So many cryptocurrency to choose from so brace yourself on what crypto will you should consider to contribute or invest.

Bitcoin vs. Altcoins

I get this graph from coinhills (https://www.coinhills.com/statistics/volume-bitcoin-altcoin/) that shows the trend chart of Bitcoin volume strength versus Altcoins. A great number of altcoins combine will soon going to surpass bitcoin and remove its dominant in the market and probably few crypto will dominate in the altcoins group in the near future.

The question is that: Is there any possibility that dominant altcoins will take over bitcoin in the ranking in the future?
No one knows what will happen in the future but I can say that there is a chance for that to happen. But I do believe in bitcoin even if it was replaced by alts , im still here supporting bitcoin. Bitcoin already overcome so many problems so no matter what happens I will stick to bitcoin.
wormgummy019

Activity: 328
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 01:50:14 PM

Bitcoin vs. Altcoins

People are comparing bitcoin to altcoin they are both good , but bitcoin is more popular. So I can say that its possible but it will take a long time. I cant see that altcoin can surpass the number of investors of bitcoin. As the day passes by bitcoin getting popular so that is my opinion.
ellehcar

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 02:22:31 PM

Everything is possible. Nothing is indispensable in this world. Even the strongest and wisest king can be dethroned. But the task of overthrowing bitcoin would not be easy for any alt which wishes to snatch its throne. Bitcoin has already established itself and a solid community which backs it up. Yeah, there are actually a lot of coins created that are better than bitcoin in terms of features, like ETH which transaction confirmation is more speedy than BTC and XRP which is a lot cheaper, but bitcoin stood invincible ever since. Currently, I've no idea what could possibly lead bitcoin to step down from the limelight, but it doesn't necessarily follow it won't happen so we shouldn't discount that possibility. Better hodl both bitcoin and good alts to be safe.
dr_chen

Activity: 494
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 02:57:20 PM

Majority of investors see altcoins as short-term investments and most of them prefer bitcoin when compared with any altcoin. Bitcoin will stay to be at the top in dominance and the most important coin on market for years. Altcoins which are created continously doesn't mean they will dominate Bitcoin just because they are very large in number.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:00:29 PM

Bitcoin will replaced by ALT in the future, i whink it will happen, or maybe there are new technologies that have more power than blockchain will replace the bitcoin and blockcghain system

vgk88

Activity: 728
Merit: 130

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:52:20 PM

Bitcoin and altcoins have different purposes. I don’t think that Altcoins will replace Bitcoin. There is no need for that. At the moment, altcoins need to focus on the implementation of the planned one. Blockchains of large companies can become serious competitors for altcoins.
Rashid555

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:58:40 PM

NO other coin can compete with bitcoin and altcoin have limited users are it can be associated with some people with some projects but bitcoin is a universal currency and it is acceptable to the world and altcoin are also very good and growing but we can not give the value to it as bitcoin is and crypto is more valuable than any other coins and it will not replace bitcoin because of it's strong impact on the whole crypto market.

seramania

Activity: 827

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:05:51 PM

although now the altcoin position in Crypto has a large variety of choices, I think this is something that is not easy to happen. Bitcoin's position is too strong in crypto, maybe altcoin can only be an altcoin companion coin and if it replaces bitcoin it still can't be predicted.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Sandus_Cryptolover

Activity: 482
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 07:37:21 PM

Bitcoin vs. Altcoins

For as long as altcoins are tied to Bitcoin, then there is no way Bitcoin can be replaced by altcoins. Ethereum and EOS Blockchains are still tied to Bitcoin thus Bitcoin will always dominate the market, for now.

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 08:13:50 PM

Bitcoin vs. Altcoins

Bitcoin can't be replaced by any altcoin in the future unless the governments all over the world combine to form a new coin and that will be good enough to replace bitcoin. There have been many problems with bitcoin protocol in the past and the BIP is established to overcome those problems and make bitcoin better in the future so the problems we face today with bitcoin like the high transaction confirmation times etc will be past when they will be solved in the coming future and that shows how bitcoin is controlling the market and dominant.
mweezy

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 08:48:38 PM

I think in this present cryptocurrency mmarket and functions it will be really difficult for any Altcoin to replaced or take the place of bitcoin, not because bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency coin but because it play allot of row in crypto world. So it will really take long time for any Altcoin to get there.
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 11:41:45 PM

Bitcoin vs. Altcoins

The innovation of cryptocurrency comes through bitcoin so I don't believe it will be possible for any ALTCoin to replace bitcoin in future. Moreover bitcoin has keep its position as the leading coin on blockchain through security and value which makes many investors feel comfortable storing it as investment for future benefits
James_Cline

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 11:47:16 PM

I have been saying this that cryptocurrency was brought to place by Bitcoin and no other cryptocurrency can over throw Bitcoin because it is the father and mother of all cryptocurrency

Don't get me wrong. I am a bitcoin enthusiast, but my business and marketing background is telling me that a product being a pioneer does not always guarantee that it will always remain on top. What bitcoin has done is pave the way for cryptocurrencies to exist. But what if an altcoin with better features will come to exist?
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:30:30 AM

what do you mean ALTS? many altcoin? i think we dont need wait for the future, right now ALTS is replacing bitcoin, because right now there are many altcoin in the market, and makes the bitcoin popularity is decreasing

calandra78
Copper Member

Activity: 840
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 09:51:41 AM

Is there any possibility that dominant altcoins will take over bitcoin in the ranking in the future?
i thing altcoin coudn't be replace bitcoin the future because volume of bitcoin everyday always grow up than altcoin. a lot of investor still believe bitcoin because altcoin so many scamed  by people. and the future of bitcoin price are grow up than now.
sammyp

Activity: 854

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 10:03:12 AM

I totally see this as an impossible mission for altcoins. If you asked me why they are growing stronger day in and day out, I would simply say it’s because there is a strong coin in the market in the name of bitcoin to which they (altcoins) make reference to. Most of these altcoins have one or more things in common with bitcoin. So I think altcoins will still remain under bitcoin.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
LastHope99

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 10:09:49 AM

The total market share of altcoins will likely grow, as more and more currencies appear and take some money out of other coins, including btc. This money mostly comes from people willing to take risks and invest in something that may either make them a fortune or nullify their investments.  However, they only possible replacer for btc is Ripple, as it's backed up with big money. I don't see other possibilities, but of course, they may arise in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: