Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:39:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Finding a secure escrow for digital gift card  (Read 159 times)
hondaz (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 10:03:18 AM

Hello,
I’m a new member and looking for mostly for bulk Ebay gift cards through a secure escrow.
I wonder if any of you  do work on an escrow for digital goods such as  Ebay.
Payment by BTC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6115

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 11:03:40 AM

You could check this list. It's the most updated one.

Gift cards are not much different from reversible payment methods though, so an escrow is not that much of a help (only when none of you want to go first). If I buy a gift card using a stolen credit card for example and then chargeback the transaction, that gift card redeemed balance will no longer be available, so take that into consideration.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
coinmallio

Activity: 138
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 03:25:03 PM

Check out coinmall.com - I think it fits the bill with our automated Escrow system
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 07:21:29 PM

Hello,
I’m a new member and looking for mostly for bulk Ebay gift cards through a secure escrow.
Payment by BTC

I would not recommend going with any escrow sites, per se, because they are not as flexible as the escorws that are active on the forum and nowhere near responsive in my opinion. I wouldn't even use Bitify if you were dealing with high amounts.

But Omegastarscream is absolutely right - I'd strong suggest that you do some research on the seller, see if he is selling at too low of a rate to you and if he seems quite shady in terms of where he gets his cards.

There is a high likelihood that a lot of the cards, including ebay, sold by sellers are carded and fraudulent. And escrow will nonetheless still release funds to the seller as long as the goods are delivered, while problems with carded GCs usually show up much later, leaving you the one that's having to lose money.

Smiley
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 09:44:41 PM

Bitify's only effective for selling items that are priced lower, as the support on the site is sometimes slow as aforementioned and issues may not be solved expediently. I have sold and bought about $1000 of items on Bitify, and I've never had an issue with the release of escrow nor support, but then again I haven't had major issues on the site before. The list OmegaStarScream linked should be good for members that are trustworthy to escrow with, but not all of them will escrow a transaction of your nature. PM a few that you'd be comfortable with dealing with, and you should be good.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3632

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 10:04:47 PM

You can do this indirectly, such as:

- Buy Amazon gift cards[1] and then use your Amazon to buy what you want from gift cards.
 - thebigcoin: Use this site. I'm not sure if they're doing it but they have a good reputation.

If you find a seller and are looking for an escrow, the first reply is enough to answer.

Bitify's only effective for selling items that are priced lower
They have updated their policy against stolen cards, so I think buying from that site is safe.

[1] Wallet that provides Amazon gift cards

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:52:30 PM

When was this change in policy enacted on Bitify, and where can I see their current stance against stolen gift cards? Even if the site is targeting sellers of stolen credit cards, there's always going to be people that get through, and browsing through the Vouchers and Gift Cards section, there are still pages on pages of massively discounted gift cards that I can only assume have been acquired through illegitimate means or something of the sort.

Even besides this, there's still numerous sales for stolen or fradulently made PayPal accounts with PayPal credit balances up for sale on the site and such. The site's still a hive for illegal activity, but if they've indeed started to crack down on some things, that's a good improvement from 'em.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: