Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:45:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bountyhunters.io probably will scam their members. Watch out!!!  (Read 1760 times)
wwzsocki (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1706

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 09:05:31 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2018, 04:36:54 PM by wwzsocki
Merited by LoyceV (2), adamvp (1)

What happened: I think that service Bountyhunters.io will scam their users because the team ask for private keys or mnemonics when one will withdraw earned bounty.

Scammers Profile Link: https://bountyhunters.io/

Reference Link:

PM/Chat Logs: There is no explanation as for now in the official Telegram group despite members calling multiple scam accusations https://t.me/icoreward

Additional Notes: This is known to me from yesterday and I fill obligated to inform Bitcointalk community because I was heavily promoting this service on all my social media channels and especially here on Bitcointalk forum using my signature and links in the account.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:02:17 PM

Wow I didn't expect this I am promoting their ICO list I have not yet made my withdrawal I believe they have one that is going to finish and this means that I have to provide my private key which is a big no no, any site or individuals who asked for your private key is a cheater and thief because they have an intention to look what's on your wallet and steal it.
wwzsocki (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1706

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 12:06:23 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2018, 09:11:12 PM by wwzsocki
Merited by LoyceV (1), crypto mania (1)

Wow I didn't expect this I am promoting their ICO list I have not yet made my withdrawal I believe they have one that is going to finish and this means that I have to provide my private key which is a big no no, any site or individuals who asked for your private key is a cheater and thief because they have an intention to look what's on your wallet and steal it.

Just to be clear: NEVER provide your private keys to anybody!!! This is the rule number one in crypto.

I just can't believe that such a good service is doing something like this?

Bountyhunters.io was one of the best working bounty sites. Payouts were low and of course, almost all tokens lost value a day after ICO but when it goes to bounty tasking and how fast and flawless it was, I would keep defending them and show as an example. Especially after the latest update, this site works so fast that I was really hoping for great success.

I think that are the signs of the times. Bounty campaigns are evolving, payouts dropped, rules are much harder, distributions of tokens months after ICO, extended for months campaigns, no possibility to achieve soft cap and lack of new investments will bring totally new landscape to bounty business sooner as we think.

This is the end of bounty campaigns which paid thousands of $$$ for doing literally nothing.

fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 08:13:04 AM

Damn  shit!! thank for posting this I happen to wear one of the signatures of one of the ICO they are promoting in their dashboard, thanks mate for posting this, but I would like to confirm this personally will contact their support and optherium to validate this, this will ruin their program if this is true

asscror

Activity: 392
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 09:57:09 AM

I am registered on their site and it is true that since yesterday we could get their tokens and at the time of claim, he asks either our private key or our mnemonic sentence !! DO NOT MAKE IT ALL !!!!
But I'm sick of working for dishonest people  They are hidden behind their screen and I wish I could fall on it! and make them pay !!
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 10:39:23 AM

ANN Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4455785
Profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2199474

They havent respond to this accusation in their thread.

Archive: https://archive.fo/ULTaF

Bounties they have running for the moment:

- Champion Coin
- Donocle
- TrustED
- Optherium

Really hope people nowadays know that you really never give someone your private key!
virtugranaYT

Activity: 89
Merit: 1

世界の生態系&#

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 10:39:34 AM

I registered at the beginning of the year on the site. I had not done many bounties, but this information really does proceed, I tried to perform the claim of tokens procedure and asked for Private Keys. This is very wrong, do not provide your private keys !!!!

DYOR
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 11:27:41 AM

After reading this thread and confirming it, I immediately changed my signature, we are not ignorant here, if anyone asks for your private keys it's like asking you to give him all your coins, this ruin bountyhunters.io reputation all that they build for months will go to naught because of this.

adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 12:46:50 PM

Maybe not intended scam, but definitely it is a bad practice!
Better keep away from such things!

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
Dantrevons

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 02:18:18 PM

This is not acceptable behaviour for any bounty company.

I am sure that the Bountyhunters.io team will see this thread and ignore it, just like they do with the users of their platform:

If you check out their telegram you will see that the admins are not active there, efficiently providing no support to the users.

Suddenly requiring Private key with no warning beforehand is deceiving, especially considering the fact that every other bounty have been distributed automatically.

There has been no announcement about this on neither Telegram or other official social media, participants have not received any email regarding this matter either.

The only reason to require users to give out their private keys will be to save fees, but this does not really make sense either, as the company recently did an ICO where they (claim) to have sold tokens for several million USD. Sending tokens to the participants would at max cost a couple hundred dollars. They could also set op a claim function with Metamask so users wouln't have to expose their private key.
FIEX

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 02:47:27 PM

Maybe not intended scam, but definitely it is a bad practice!
Better keep away from such things!

Not intended?
Asking for your private key is scam.

They dont need to have this.

The only reason to require users to give out their private keys will be to save fees, but this does not really make sense either, as the company recently did an ICO where they (claim) to have sold tokens for several million USD. Sending tokens to the participants would at max cost a couple hundred dollars. They could also set op a claim function with Metamask so users wouln't have to expose their private key.

There is no valid reason to ask for your private keys.
How would this save you the fees? You still have to send the tokens from one address to another, with or without key you have to pay for the fees.
velosepur

Activity: 1106
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 02:58:24 PM

Well, I didn't expected this- site was good before but we will see now ...
S3rj0

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:37:30 PM

Are they serious? Be aware from this website and never give your private keys.
dmty.0809

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:16:02 PM

What?? This really makes no sense, what really was on their minds, I also followed the bountyhunter signature campaign, and I just found out about their ridiculous procedure. THERE WOULDN'T BE ANYWAY THAT GIVE THE PK TO THEM !!
taguig
Copper Member

Activity: 479
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 08:58:33 PM

I do have an account here their dashboard is easy no need to do a report, everything is just a click away, ICO now will not get their service anymore and it will ruin their reputation if they got bountyhunters,io service so might as well stay away from this site, you are not working for free here.
Champion Coin
Copper Member

Activity: 60
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 10:49:43 PM
Merited by LoyceV (1)

- Champion Coin
- Donocle
- TrustED
- Optherium

Really hope people nowadays know that you really never give someone your private key!

Hello,

We have recently received news that bountyhunters.io is asking users for private keys.

This is unacceptable and we refuse to be associated with this unethical practice.

We have postponed our bounty campaign and are currently searching for a new bounty platform that will treat our bounty hunters with respect and transparency.

Thank you for your understanding.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1202

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 02:47:11 AM

- Champion Coin
- Donocle
- TrustED
- Optherium

Hello,

We have recently received news that bountyhunters.io is asking users for private keys.

This is unacceptable and we refuse to be associated with this unethical practice.

We have postponed our bounty campaign and are currently searching for a new bounty platform that will treat our bounty hunters with respect and transparency.

That's a good move I'm part of optherium blog campaign and it's useless asking for my stakes in bountyhunters.io so I would have to contact other ICO for my other stakes, its very frustrating after months of doing campaign this is what you've got.

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
FIEX

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 09:51:02 AM

Hello,

Great to hear!
Smart move by leaving bountyhunters.io. This isnt a platform you want to be associated with!

Good luck finding a new trusted platform.
Cheers
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:58:54 PM

Got this from bountyhunters channel
" About private keys. We are now implementing the option to create new wallet right on our platform. After you receive tokens to the integrated  wallet, you can transfer them to any wallet you wish (NO private keys will be needed). The function will become available this week. Thanks for your feedback!"

I think we have morons running bountyhunters they think it is safe asking for private keys no amount of explanation is needed they think we are stupid.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
bountyhunters.io
Copper Member

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 02:18:14 PM

Hi everyone.

The first and the main answer: no, we are NOT going to fish any data. We have invested 1 year and tons of dollars into the project, and it wouldn't be a logical way for us to scam our users.

The second answer: it's not necessary to provide private keys for claiming your tokens.

We have now implemented so-called Merkle airdrop: the system of distributions made  by request.
How does it work? Here are the main principles:
- We generate the list of payments, which contains basic data of users and their rewards: payment ID, wallet address, amount of tokens to be paid. Then we use the list as the base for whitelist: list of wallets which are allowed to request a certain amount of tokens.
- We form the control amount of tokens (Merkle Root) to be transferred into smart-contract. Now users can receive their tokens if they prove that they are whitelisted. 
- User receives the whitelist as a proof he can claim certain amount of tokens.
- User forms the transaction proving his ability to receive tokens, signs it and sends it to the network.
- The contract processes the transaction, checking the proof. If the proof is correct, and mentioned wallet is corresponding with amount of tokens, the payment is to be transferred to the mentioned wallet.

There are 3 ways of signing the transaction:
1.By importing his private key;
By importing mnemonic seed
By importing his wallet file + passphrase
You can also create the new empty wallet for claiming your tokens. We automatically renew the whitelists once in 24 hours. After the update you will have a possibility to send your tokens onto the new wallet.
2. User creates new wallet on the base of our platform. New wallet is to be imported into the system automatically.
3. User doesn’t keep any data on our platform and signs each transaction by entering his data at our platform.

Here you can learn more about the Merkle Tree airdrop and its advantages (comparing with traditional airdrops):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkle_tree
https://hackernoon.com/evolution-of-airdrop-from-common-spam-to-the-merkle-tree-30caa2344170

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: