Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:05:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC as a Scam  (Read 22266 times)
hrunya102

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:05:27 PM

I have already said this today, if the ICO introduces KYC at the very end and they have no good reasons for this, then it is at least done to not pay for bounty hunters.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
monkeyking03 (OP)

Activity: 316
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:09:31 PM

There are a lot of projects that need an KYC of course it is a good idea also to protect their project so that they will know who's dealing with them.But there are some projects that starting from beginning they don't have an KYC required but when it come to the time that they need to distribute the stakes of bounty hunters they are asking for KYC,if the bounty hunter can not comply this where is their stake goes?if the project require an KYC they must announce it from the beginning not in distribution time.

We all know that some of those projects that needs KYC are gonna be scam but also some are not. Nothing changes the only thing about that is the addition of KYC.

For ICO they can apply KYC but for bounty hunters i think there's no need to do that because bounty hunters not buying there tokens/coins only the ICO participants.
trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:11:06 PM

The procedure, which today is called KYC, is a big sell-off, because today it looks more like the usual luring of documents that people are willing to sell just like that, because people today are trying to make money by any means. It seems to me that the documents are clearly not safe.
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 03:15:30 PM

with the difficulty of the Kyc verification process as I have experienced and also the other bounty hunters who feel the same with me, fix that Kyc is a scam. if indeed the goal is to find out personal identity, the process of downloading the data should be easy and not difficult.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
debby070
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

www.codex.one

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:16:23 PM

There are a lot of projects that need an KYC of course it is a good idea also to protect their project so that they will know who's dealing with them.But there are some projects that starting from beginning they don't have an KYC required but when it come to the time that they need to distribute the stakes of bounty hunters they are asking for KYC,if the bounty hunter can not comply this where is their stake goes?if the project require an KYC they must announce it from the beginning not in distribution time.

I think KYC is required to verify the user's identity in order to ensure that the user is not a bot or Artificial Intelligent being. Also, KYC will provide fairness to the bounty campaign in order to limit the account of each participant, allowing only one account to participate.

izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:18:59 PM

Well , as we can see there are a lot of scam attempt not from developer site but also on bounty hunter side as they want distribute their coin accurately so it's reasonable if they require KYC as their distribution process.
So if you already believe on the project, giving KYC isn't big deal except if the project have the high risk of scam so I'm usually follow local project rather foreign project !

Smiley
bakermaker123
Copper Member

Activity: 287
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:33:09 PM

if the project require an KYC they must announce it from the beginning not in distribution time.
But you cannot deny the fact that there are rules like they can change their decision anytime so we can't break that rule. It is better that before you join any bounty, assume that they have KYC  so you will not face any problem.

Live for the moment.
cryptosmoker

Activity: 581
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:55:27 PM

I advice to be far away from those campaign requiring kyc documents, maybe if 100% sure that project is well organized by known people in each country. But if just no good real background don't be careless giving your private information
Yeah, Actually the purpose of KYC itself is very good I think. But sometimes, it is used by many people to get the private data of the person. Just be very careful in giving any personal information about us.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:00:16 PM

I think this is more just poor planning than a scam, or at least poor awareness of changing legislative enviroment - but either way it raises concerns about the professionalism of the team and long-term viability of the project.
There are definitely some outright scams out there though which are trying to get personal information for illicit purposes - so it's always good to be sceptical and cautious.
cahkalem

Activity: 562
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:06:52 PM

KYC has a positive and negative impact, with KYC going to be more secure, but in the absence of KYC it is a little insecure. actually I myself really disagree with the existence of KYC because it will make participants complicated, and for dev or bounty manager it will add to your work

KYC is not good in crypto world,, and same with you i don't agree with that
why ? because as i know the main principle of crypto is about privacy,, and with the existence of KYC there is no privacy anymore
just my opinion
DeKingCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 124

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:09:03 PM

Truly speaking I really believe some projects have started scamming people with KYC, the reason is that KYC some how makes projects looks genuine even when they are not, giving scammers the space to scam investors.
shinchan123

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:12:53 PM

I think you are right, KYC procedure should be announced as early as the bounty starts so that bounty hunters are aware about it. Not all bounty hunters are willing to go through KYC procedure. I know that KYC is sometimes done to abide to some law or regulations, however, it should be announced early.
cryptotycoon33

Activity: 248

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:13:10 PM

Yes, the bounty managers should be able to inform the bounty hunters about the KYC process if any before the distribution period so as not to deprive them of their payment, however i don't totally support the idea of KYC in a decentralized world of crypto.
KarinaMix

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:13:28 PM

I also believe that the passage of this procedure should be warned in advance, not at the end of the company, it worries me.
aligator2017

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:56:55 PM

They may, not must - and they tell about it in the bounty thread. Also they tells that they can change any point of bounty program. That's why rewards are being decreased sometimes and participants receives just a little after months of supporting the project.
This is blackguardly, I agree. I know that we should do something about it, but I don't know what Grin

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
hsyncl

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 05:03:17 PM

Kyc is actually an application to be done but many projects have exaggerated this kyc business. from bank account numbers to house bills. I find them unnecessary.

│      H U B R I S O N E      │▐▐  Your Cryptocurrency Friendly Digital Bank   ▌▌
│    ◆    Equity share crowdfund    ◆    Tokens    ◆    Built with Stellar & OMG    ◆    1,000+ Members    ◆    │
▐▐    Whitepaper    ▌▌       Telegram       │       Twitter       │       Instagram       │       LinkedIn       │
Kong Hey Pakboy

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 06:04:00 PM

I think it is a good idea that they should tell us if there will be a kyc required not before or while the distribution of tokens because we cannot say if they are trying to trick us just to use our information or something else, so before the project start they should announce it already for us to believe.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
AztecGoldHero

Activity: 1288
Merit: 645

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 06:08:13 PM

you shouldnt send all your ınformatıons to everybody or every ıco or every aırdrop, lots of them just collectıng your ınformatıons and sellıng that ınfos, they dont have any project, theır only project ıs to steal your ınformatıons and sell them to marketıng campangs
shadowduck

Activity: 840

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 11:38:26 AM

you shouldnt send all your ınformatıons to everybody or every ıco or every aırdrop, lots of them just collectıng your ınformatıons and sellıng that ınfos, they dont have any project, theır only project ıs to steal your ınformatıons and sell them to marketıng campangs
In my first steps in crypto, I often made such a mistake and sent my doc to participate in the airdrop. Now  I've become an expert and i understood what you are talking about. Your data must be protected

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
GmBoom

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 02:32:20 PM

Kyc is good and sometimes it is needed on a project. But it is different that when a bounty campaign requires after the campaign to submit KYC. It should be posted on the first place before the bounty starts. And if that really happens, then nothings can be done. Next time be more attentive on it, ask KYC if it is required in the first place before joining the bounty campaign.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: