Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:41:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SolidCoin v2.01 Released  (Read 8317 times)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 06:14:43 PM

Please explain how exactly are you going to protect the network against government threats.

How are you going to prevent the government from physically taking over those "trusted" nodes?

I think the trusted nodes are spread around the world, with backup nodes setup ready to go live when something happens... You can just copy the "trusted" wallet to a new server, install solidcoind, set the config to trusted-node-mode, and the network will continue... So the US-Army has to find the new location and send the special forces there, enough time to setup other servers...

Quite an active imagination you have.  There is nothing spread anywhere.  RS controls all the private keys for all the control nodes.  In effect a single effective control node.  100% centralization by a tinpot dictator who thinks his alt-chain is invincible to govt threats.  LOLZ.

The US military wouldn't need to "take out" any trust nodes.  They could simply get the keys from RS.  Alternatively they could just buy control of the network and double spend it into oblivion.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
3phase

Activity: 313
Merit: 251

Third score

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 06:15:10 PM

Please explain how exactly are you going to protect the network against government threats.

How are you going to prevent the government from physically taking over those "trusted" nodes?

I think the trusted nodes are spread around the world, with backup nodes setup ready to go live when something happens... You can just copy the "trusted" wallet to a new server, install solidcoind, set the config to trusted-node-mode, and the network will continue... So the US-Army has to find the new location and send the special forces there, enough time to setup other servers...

Just one question... Why the US army? I think you should be more afraid of the Greek and Portuguese army.

I don't think ALL of the trusted nodes are located in Greece or Portugal Smiley

Wait a moment there... You said the trusted nodes were spread around the world... If the US-army tried to come to my country for one of their special-ops I wouldn't be pleased and I would kick their ass myself.
The US doesn't own the world. Or do they in your own twisted vision of it? Because if the US can invade ANY country, so can Greece or Portugal...

Stop being so US centric, it annoys people, you know?

Psy, I'm fully with you (being a Greek). Now that we're going bankrupt as a country, we will need ANY coin we can get  Grin. And a poor, desperate population is no easy game for any invader. We don't have anything else to lose.

But, BTW, invasions cost money you know... Who will lend us Huh Maybe we should ask CH and BTCX and let them compete for the best term loan (SC or BTC respectively).  Grin

At least the US can print their own one-ply paper and pay for their wars.

As for the subject of the thread, I would much more prefer that people would be actually reading the code, instead of jumping to conclusions after having read 10 (or even zero) lines. 5 pages of discussion and nobody except makomk discusses the issue at hand.

Fiat no more.
Δoκιμάστε τo http://multibit.org - Bitcoin client τώρα και στα Eλληνικά
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 06:15:26 PM

Well, I think we are looking at why open is just a tad better than closed.

Open allows a lively and spirited debate about the functions, goals and implementation.

Pseudo open has already found a couple of action items for the "development team" to address.

Pseudo open has already created a call from within the popular support for a git fix.

What on earth could the next 4 hours bring? The first four have certainly been fun!
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 06:26:42 PM

Just one question... Why the US army? I think you should be more afraid of the Greek and Portuguese army.

I don't think ALL of the trusted nodes are located in Greece or Portugal Smiley

Wait a moment there... You said the trusted nodes were spread around the world... If the US-army tried to come to my country for one of their special-ops I wouldn't be pleased and I would kick their ass myself.
The US doesn't own the world. Or do they in your own twisted vision of it? Because if the US can invade ANY country, so can Greece or Portugal...

Stop being so US centric, it annoys people, you know?

Psy, I'm fully with you (being a Greek). Now that we're going bankrupt as a country, we will need ANY coin we can get  Grin. And a poor, desperate population is no easy game for any invader. We don't have anything else to lose.

But, BTW, invasions cost money you know... Who will lend us Huh Maybe we should ask CH and BTCX and let them compete for the best term loan (SC or BTC respectively).  Grin

At least the US can print their own one-ply paper and pay for their wars.

As for the subject of the thread, I would much more prefer that people would be actually reading the code, instead of jumping to conclusions after having read 10 (or even zero) lines. 5 pages of discussion and nobody except makomk discusses the issue at hand.

Dude, you perfectly nailed what I was saying. I'm not Greek, but I'm Portuguese, and Portugal is also close to bankruptcy. We need all the coin we can get!
And the part about printing our own money, I'm 100% with you. We lost that right when our beloved politicians decided that an European Federal Reserve was the right thing to do... But the US also doesn't have that right. When the US needs money all they can do is beg for it to the FED, like we beg to the ECB
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 06:30:46 PM

Hye guys. Notice how CH, Shut Up completetly after he lost arguments Repeatedly?

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 06:33:53 PM

Hye guys. Notice how CH, Shut Up completetly after he lost arguments Repeatedly?

I guess it gets annoying when people continue to ask the same questions repeatedly, even after they were already answered a gazillion times in this and other threads.

You wanted the code, you have the code, now read it and go from there.

Altho I'm curious to his answer on the concern makomk raised. All the other questions are nothing more than white noise.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 06:35:59 PM

Altho I'm curious to his answer on the concern makomk raised. All the other questions are nothing more than white noise.
Part of reading the code involves compiling the code. And CH has failed to release the makefiles that make it possible to compile the code.

Buy & Hold
Bobnova

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 06:37:28 PM

RS/CH stopped responding when he got called on changing his story with every post.  He's probably on a marathon reading binge of his last posts so he can keep his "facts" straight.

BTC:  1AURXf66t7pw65NwRiKukwPq1hLSiYLqbP
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 06:37:42 PM

Part of reading the code involves compiling the code. And CH has failed to release the makefiles that make it possible to compile the code.

So how do you read a php script? You compile it? Get out of here... Read code is read code, compiling has nothing to do with it.
Bobnova

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 06:38:47 PM

The source contains docs that list how to get referenced libraries... is making your own makefile all that hard?
Ever made one?

Syke
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 06:44:37 PM

The source contains docs that list how to get referenced libraries... is making your own makefile all that hard?
Ever made one?

yep.
Great, since it's so easy, I look forward to you writing one and posting it.

Buy & Hold
Bobnova

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 06:46:05 PM

Ever made one?

yep.

Man, you beat me to it.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 06:46:29 PM

Ever made one?

yep.

says the guy who can't read code without compiling it...
localhost

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 06:48:33 PM

RS/CH stopped responding when he got called on changing his story with every post.  He's probably on a marathon reading binge of his last posts so he can keep his "facts" straight.
Well, that's rather a good thing. I wish he could come up with a coherent description of how his thing works.

-
stryker

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 06:56:07 PM

Either there are people on here who argue for the sake of it or there are people on here too fkin stoooooopid to breath.... the latter I fear :-)
Spacy

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 06:57:08 PM

I like the source, quite easy to build on linux (if you already have built other coins)  Grin
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 06:59:06 PM

Apparently to hard for that asshole, had to fix his broken ones first time round so you could compile now he can't even be bothered shipping the broken ones for people to fix up, what a joke you people are.

Holly fuck! RealSolid must have some mad skillzzzzzzzz. He compiled those binaries he has for download in his site using broken makefiles, is that what you're saying?
Bobnova

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 06:59:44 PM

Spacy if it's that easy, why not post a walkthrough?

Syke
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 07:01:05 PM

I too am perplexed by this.... last time I tried to read compiled code, well it really is a lot harder than just looking at uncompiled source lol .... but since there is some mad skillz here then I guess Solidcoin was open source all the time since they could have just read the compiled code  Grin
How do you verify that *all* the source code was released? Me, I compile it. If it doesn't compile and run, then it's not a full source code release.

Buy & Hold
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 07:04:22 PM

I too am perplexed by this.... last time I tried to read compiled code, well it really is a lot harder than just looking at uncompiled source lol .... but since there is some mad skillz here then I guess Solidcoin was open source all the time since they could have just read the compiled code  Grin
How do you verify that *all* the source code was released? Me, I compile it. If it doesn't compile and run, then it's not a full source code release.

So you don't want to read it. You just want to compile it. What a stupid human you are, indeed.
So the complaint first was that nobody knew what was he shipping on those closed source binaries, but now you morons will just compile it without reading it...
If I were for RealSolid I would just release the source code with makefiles and make that source code delete all your hard drive when the binary was run the first time, seeing as you guys are too dumb to read the code...

FFS, stupidity has limits!

PS: I'm also too dumb to read source code, but I'm not the one begging for it nor the one pretending that I can do something which I obviously can't
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: