Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:09:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is it still profitable? How many rigs do the big boys still have...  (Read 1233 times)
Comino

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

No noise. No hustle. Quiet as whisper. Comino.

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2018, 08:07:24 AM

Many forum members here are still mining, especially the ones who have reached their ROI and keep mining just with a smaller profit.

The profit now is very dependable on various factors - electricity costs, rigs and cards you are mining on.

P.S.: it is also important that you have high quality components on your rig, so that by the time you achieve your ROI, it’s parts have not  degraded, making you lose your profit.

Most of the miners here say - “stopped mining the profit is too low”, which proves that there still is profit, we were just spoiled by another mining tempo for the last couple of years.

**COMINO** 
WORLD'S FIRST LIQUID COOLED GPU MINER
200 MH/s * 30dB(A) ASUS, Noctua, Chieftech, HardwareLabs
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 09:14:21 AM

Well the way things are right now unless you have 6 cent power and no rent or other overhead, you are not making any money on any coins.

Using ETH as an example, at $130, I see 8 cent power is breakeven only figuring for power and already paid off rigs. In reality with pool fees, miner fees, pool luck, miner luck, reboot downtime, etc., it is probably closer to 7 cents power for a true breakeven, as the other 1 cent is for the (unseen by many) overhead costs.

So those continuing to mine in order to accumulate the coins for at or more than what you can buy them for at these levels is simply insane. Even at 6 cent power you are maybe making a whopping 60 cents per day for an entire 6x RX480 rig, or roughly 10 cents per GPU.

LOL, even an used $100 eBay GPUs will now need 1000 days to recoup their costs!!! Mining is dead!
FloppyPurpleGherkin

Activity: 306
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 11:50:55 AM

Well the way things are right now unless you have 6 cent power and no rent or other overhead, you are not making any money on any coins.

Using ETH as an example, at $130, I see 8 cent power is breakeven only figuring for power and already paid off rigs. In reality with pool fees, miner fees, pool luck, miner luck, reboot downtime, etc., it is probably closer to 7 cents power for a true breakeven, as the other 1 cent is for the (unseen by many) overhead costs.

So those continuing to mine in order to accumulate the coins for at or more than what you can buy them for at these levels is simply insane. Even at 6 cent power you are maybe making a whopping 60 cents per day for an entire 6x RX480 rig, or roughly 10 cents per GPU.

LOL, even an used $100 eBay GPUs will now need 1000 days to recoup their costs!!! Mining is dead!

I agree, It's never ever been at a lower point than now.. Except for 2009 maybe, briefly.

I personally see BTC heading towards $1k in 2019 and a rebound to $5k in late 2019-early 2020.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 03:53:03 AM

Well seeing what was behind the doors regarding the asics last January, I must say I was spot on on the "GPU mining will die in 2018!". It's sad but I'm always right about my predictions.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
albertorm2

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 06:37:12 AM

I have 26 GPU. Nvidia and amd mixed.  I pay 0.12€/kwh and still profitable for me. However I had to improve my GPUs efficiency by undervolting even more. I always do my research and go for promising coins.

As I posted in past:
Yes, It's still profitable.

PoW won't ever become unprofitable*. If that ever happens then people would stop mining. This would lead to difficulty decrease which would make mining profitable again!

Asics and FPGAs are not a big problem as developers are making new mining algorithms every day! It's good to have a versatile hardware for new coins.

*However you'll have to update your hardware as hardware is always improving...

To be honest I really like cryptocurrencies and the concept of proof of work. I don't think I'll ever stop mining. If market crashes like It's happening I'll just do more research.

Anyway If you don't really like wasting your time on mining maybe you shouldn't mine. (at a moment like this)
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:08:41 AM

I have 26 GPU. Nvidia and amd mixed.  I pay 0.12€/kwh and still profitable for me. However I had to improve my GPUs efficiency by undervolting even more. I always do my research and go for promising coins.

You deserve the title of "i don't know what the hell i'm talking about". If -$0.03 is profitable for you per day per gpu then i really have no idea.

https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=30.0&p=130.0&fee=2.0&cost=0.12&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
albertorm2

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:46:41 AM

You deserve the title of "i don't know what the hell i'm talking about". If -$0.03 is profitable for you per day per gpu then i really have no idea.

https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=30.0&p=130.0&fee=2.0&cost=0.12&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

As I said, Im mining new coins and I have big undervolt.

You deserve the title of "I don't know to read"
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: