Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2019, 04:08:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Detecting when a private key has been swept  (Read 160 times)
kezown
Copper Member

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 10:59:31 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2018, 11:38:14 AM by kezown

Does anyone know how the Casascius Bitcoin Analyzer site knows when a coin is Active/Opened? I'm working on an idea that requires knowing when a private key has been swept by a mobile wallet.

Any info or resources that might be able to help me would be greatly appreciated.
Get alert of price pumps/dumps beforehand 74% average Win Rate
reported by our users
TRY NOW!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1047

the forkings will continue until morale improves

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:26:13 PM
Merited by cr1776 (1)

I guess the Casascius Bitcoin Analyzer site simply checks whether a Casascius address had an outgoing transaction.

Apart from that there's no way of knowing whether a private key has been swept because no such information is being tracked or held anywhere.

TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1238

ChipMixer's Badge of Honor

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:30:57 PM

The above.

Keep in mind that anyone could unpeel the Casascius, get the private-key but don't sweep the coins immediately. The only thing that identifies whenever it was swept is an outgoing transaction (like HeRetiK said).

kezown
Copper Member

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:44:22 PM

I guess the Casascius Bitcoin Analyzer site simply checks whether a Casascius address had an outgoing transaction.

Thanks for your reply.

This is what I need. How do I check if a specific address (that I know) had an outgoing transaction?
ETFbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1763

Use SegWit and enjoy lower fees.

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 02:32:30 PM
Merited by aliashraf (2)

This is what I need. How do I check if a specific address (that I know) had an outgoing transaction?

There are few ways :
1. If you're running full node, add address as watch-only address. Then configure walletnotify to run script (https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/24457/how-do-i-use-walletnotify)
2. Use 3rd party API/service which notify when there's transaction related with specified address

bigmaster23

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 06:42:54 PM

You can study programming and create a program that reads privatekey through your own program whether it was swept or not, also you can watch a btc address if it has an outgoing transaction by doing some website crawling and parsing.

keychainX

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

Telegram @keychainxIO

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 07:52:54 AM

Thanks for your reply.

You need to build a block sniffer and create an sql database of all used keys, then updated the database for each mined blocks.

there are a few github repos, just use search, but most likely you could build your own, using python.

like this https://github.com/alext234/rpc-sniffer

you can also read more on this page
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Raw_Transactions#listunspent_.5Bminconf.3D1.5D_.5Bmaxconf.3D999999.5D

Ideally you would set up your own full node with the full chain, run a block parser to create an preferably sql database of all txs and then update it whenever a new block is mined.

/KX

Crypto Recovery Service - Keychainx.io (https://keychainx.io/)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.