Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 06:05:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO or STO, what is the difference? Invest in which?  (Read 305 times)
cameron_EMI
Copper Member

Activity: 40
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 07:00:55 PM

If you ask me im in favor of STO model and i think it is the real deal, STOs can replace the classical stocks, shares and equities markets but we have to be realistic and should be aware that for STOs to become compliant and legalized by the governments globally there is complicated process required and we do not know how much time it will take to pass regulators across the globe.

I have been telling people STOs are going to replace the traditional stocks due its convenience and being able to be traded 24/7 worldwide. Also, with STOs, you can receive equity and dividend too. We will see the blockchain version of stock market soon. 

incomefromcoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 07:36:00 PM

security tokens are an upcoming similar model like icos but the working mechanism of icos and sto are same and one more classification we have is utility tokens
mirgo1791

Activity: 1022
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 07:37:35 PM

extended modulation as excess from government regulation with the crypto currency business as future developer of service to gains with chance of entrance with the proper on preparedness as the legal delegitimation on building of business and attains on public exchange of table to deliver offers of option as managing tasks on scheme with marketing tasks on trading company.

💌💌💌💌💌        DO NEAR - GAMES ARE LOVE         💌💌💌💌💌
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 07:40:20 PM

Security Tokens offerings are made under legally regulated rules and regulations.  Cross borders trading is available in this token. Government can regulate this marked as the transactions are transparent i.e. one can know the transaction's origin and end point.  One major benefit the user gets that in case the user loses keys; these can be regenerated by the block chain app factory and given to the user/holder.  The investor will have to prove his ownership only then keys will be issued.
I think that this applies only in the USA. What is regulated and allowed by SEC could be traded by people from America, but if you live in Europe, we dont care about STO or ICO. Maybe STO could be more trustworthy Wink-

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
passeroutpass

Activity: 438
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 08:17:12 PM

In fact, the difference between these two directions is not big at all. just there were some talks about the fact that the STO tokens are regulated. but it's not like that at all
dabenko

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 11:56:55 PM

Security token offering is what is trending now. Most platforms, exchanges are now looking for ways in which they can integrate STO into their system. Investors will be very much integrated in it, because it is regulated. So they feel secured investing in it
oioioi

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 12:54:36 AM

I just heard about this STO, but it seems interesting to try, because the ICO system is no longer promising.

- CoinAnalyst - UNDERSTANDING CRYPTOCURRENCIES -
-  Maximize your trading profit with the CoinAnalyst A.I. Platform  -

Activity: 438

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 01:01:38 AM

This is the first time I have heard the phrase STO, really a new thing. Where can I find material on STO?

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
elite070
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

www.codex.one

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 01:34:13 AM

I understand this: ICO investment is free. There are not many restrictions. STO investment is regulated. Institutional qualification is generally required to invest.

So meaning to say the STO is much more regulated than ICO? What if ICO will going to adopt what STO has established? it will be great if ICO is also regulated for the better reputation and many investors will be attracted.

zedaq

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 04:47:52 PM

Basically STO projects are already better projects than ICOs, they have products available, and users have a large turnover each year. With the ICO, many projects have just started, they offer the idea to call for donations, to serve the development of ideas into reality.
Ah, so what’s the matter, then I apologize for my previous post, because probably in general I don’t correctly understand the idea of ​​all this renaming. Of course, if all the same as you said, it turns out that you are right. It is really safer.
moonblocks

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

3... 2... 1... Launch!

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 05:34:45 AM

Security token offerings (STO's) are typically regulated by an appropriate authority such as the SEC and this places restrictions on who can participate whereas an ICO is largely unregulated at this stage but is open to the public not just private or accredited investors although this is likely to change in future

zedaq

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 06:08:23 PM

Security token offerings (STO's) are typically regulated by an appropriate authority such as the SEC and this places restrictions on who can participate whereas an ICO is largely unregulated at this stage but is open to the public not just private or accredited investors although this is likely to change in future
In general, yes, it really does not change the future so much, the most important thing that can be changed is to begin not to vest investors, but to begin to verify the developers and their personal data.
Nolimitz84

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 10:14:35 PM

In addition to your comment, I would like to add:investing in STO-you become the owner of the shares of the company that holds it.in ICO, you just get the project tokens, which are necessary to pay commissions or for internal use on the platform.Literally stands for STO as Security Token Offering.Ie by investing you get security tokens or tokenized securities.In the circle of investors, STO is called ICO 2.0. Therefore, STO is very cool. And all potential investors should more positively relate to a new type of investment.Personally, I am more interested in STO than ICO.

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████