Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:44:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If an ICO team is anonymous, is it a scam?  (Read 4354 times)
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 05:07:08 PM

For an ICO without any working product, yeah I wouldn't trust that at all.
Now to be honest, even if they weren't anonymous and didn't have a working product, I probably wouldn't trust it either.

Sure, Satoshi made Bitcoin anonymous, but he wasn't asking for funding and he was putting out code.

I don't understand why you would invest into something that's basically just a promise to build something in the future.
If they have nothing to show for it, I'm out by default.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cudora
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

Cryptoknowmics - World's First Decentralized Media

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:08:07 PM

I do not know this, because on the one hand, if the team is great and they are doing their job pretty well, it can also be a great project. But in the normal circumstances, it is always a scam, because the team members are one of the most important aspect of success.

YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:09:35 PM

I advise you to look for projects whose teams are displayed, to be able to find team information from the projects you are currently participating in.

Engaging in such ICO is a simple way to be cheated. If the team wants to be anonymous, it is a very shady business. The explanations why they want to remain anonymous are also unclear, as for me. I would definitely prefer to stay away from this project. It is not worth risking a loss of money.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
inoes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 254

United Crowd

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 05:36:28 PM

it looks like we are buying expensive items in an iron box that cannot be seen before we have bought the box first Cheesy

Dogeum.io
████████████████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Argoo

Activity: 2268
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:46:04 PM

The ICO team should not be anonymous. The ICO team does not confirm their personalities and investors are sending their money to them, relying more on trust. If investors do not even know the names and surnames of the ICO team, to whom they can then make a complaint. if in the end they will be deceived? Therefore, I do not advise having a relationship with the ICO team that wants to remain anonymous. At a time when about 80 percent of ICO teams are scammers, such anonymity is unacceptable.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:46:19 PM

I would never invest in an ico with anonymous team.. it’s very important to check if team is legit because otherwise there can be a high probability of scam
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:48:00 PM

If I tell you that I will make new rocket and fly to Mars and you will make profit if you send me money, would you believe me?
I don't think you would.
halpi

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 05:53:16 PM

it depends of platform, where ICO is based.
I know that there are few Komodo based ICOs that work very good but a team is anonymous, also Komodo? Did JL reveal himself?

▬▬[  AssetStream.co  ] ▬▬ [ The Global Decentralized Peer To Peer Microfinance Platform] ▬
▌ Replacing Intermediaries With Blockchain Technology▐
▬▬  PUBLIC PRE SALE  - MAY 27th | Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Medium | ANN Thread | Facebook ▬▬
DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:59:20 PM

I think only few ICO anonymous team that can be legit, but mostly the anonymous team are scammers so keep away don't invest to them it is so risky.

siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 06:02:39 PM

If I had extra money then also I would never invest in such a project or even participate in their bounty. If you have a project funded by yourself then you can remain anonymous, but if you are crowdfunding, then you gotta show your damn faces. Maybe I could have given them a benefit of doubt last year when there was a ICO boom. But now, when majority of ICOs have failed; I think it's foolishness to even consider such projects.

nik9990

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

First Islamic Crypto Exchange

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 06:07:59 PM

I think that if a team is hidden, it can be a fraud, usually all projects flaunt their team - this increases confidence

Cryptrx

Activity: 498
Merit: 1

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 06:10:03 PM

There is a high probability of an ico with anonymous team members turning out to be scam because people can easily do anything when their reputation is not on the line unlike when they have their reputation to protect.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND •
troganhorseyo

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 06:22:13 PM

Lets see: the korean exchange that just disappeared with investor money and oyster are just two off the top of my head that exit scammed with investor money.

Only invest with CEOS that are visable and vocal in a project. Off the top of my head: modernchain, hinounou, and linkchainx are where ceos are always in chat, always having public events (mfchain had a debate with mcscamfee and other project CEOS) and where they have a extensive business history. If you were to background check them, they would have a clean record.

You should never invest if there is any question about who someone is. Some of these scam projects just put random pics up as the CEO. you should do, at minimum, a huge google search on all project principles.
Bennix
Copper Member

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 06:24:00 PM

As for me ,any ico that is anonymous is a scam ,and I don't invest on icos managed by unknown developers.
I have lost money investing on anonymous icos,and I won't repeat the mistake.in terms of marketing ,they will not do any form of online  marketing and promotion ,and this will result in people not buying their token in quanties.
As a result once they see enough fund is not raised ,they will shut down their telegram and wensite. This is what we have been seeing on some scammy/annoymous icos.
Sometimes,they will claim their contract address have been hacked ,and they may not continue with the project .
However,if the developers of ico are known ,he will do everything humanly possible to account for the fund entrust in his hand.on the other hand,if the developer is a well known influential person ,he won't like to be charge to court of competent as result of mismanaging peoples fund.
Furthermore ,you don't even know who you are dealing with let alone the country he originated from,and this shows your fund is at  90% risk of getting liquidated .
In conclusion ,I call anonymous icos scam because there is no one to hold accountable if the fund is mismanaged.
marcitosi

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 06:24:25 PM

No, this is not always a fraud. this is the right of each project to show or not its team

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████ BITZON ███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
● ● ▬▬▬▬▬ First Marketplace Powered by the Blockchain ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●[/url]
https://bitzon.io/
hell_slayer

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 06:25:54 PM

I do not participate in ICO's and bounties where team is anonymous . I think that if a team wants to be anonymous, then there are reasons for that, namely, they plan to do something illegal. I would give 99% that such projects pursue only one goal - to steal your money. So I do not recommend anyone to contact with such "anonymous" projects
mirgo1791

Activity: 1022
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 06:28:29 PM

to prepare on works as delivering use of abstract on conception to secures of plan on following with terms of attains as completing with details of use on tasks with examination as targeting use with limit on number of completion.

💌💌💌💌💌        DO NEAR - GAMES ARE LOVE         💌💌💌💌💌
GunsLair

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 06:42:45 PM

I think this is a bit strange. I probably wouldn't participate in such a project. Since for me it is the team (who they are, what they do, where they worked before) is very important when choosing ICO.
castiloros

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 06:58:40 PM

not all of the ICO who have a team of anonymous is a scam. the most important thing is to always be careful. analysis of the ICO as a whole will help than just looking at it from the side of the team only. There are some great who became even the ICO was done by an anonymous team behind them. so don't just on one programme-information analyzing in ICO.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:03:53 PM

It is an ICO and they are the one who needs money for their project.
You cannot compare it to what Satoshi did.

Think about it. Did Satoshi even need an offering just so he could continue the bitcoin project? None. He did it for his own and for the people. To be free and not for unrealistic project that is being posted with their whitepapers.

It cannot be the same. It wont be!!!!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: