Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:21:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you consider buying Facebook's new AR glasses?  (Read 256 times)
JealousCup (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 11:17:23 PM

I think when Google Glass came out, a lot of people were intimidated by it. They looked like goggles that scientists and IT professionals would use. But if Facebook comes out with more sleek-looking glasses with social features comparable to smartphone apps, then I’d probably give it a go. I wonder how much it will cost though.

In other words, you want virtual spaces to be controlled by tech firms?
MaJes-ty

Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 12:32:41 AM

There is a growing demand now for wearable technology. And I see it’s appeal –you get to stay connected and productive, without any hassles. So yeah, I don’t mind using AR glasses, especially if it will come with fun features as well, and not just techie stuff.

JealousCup (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 12:36:12 AM

There is a growing demand now for wearable technology. And I see it’s appeal –you get to stay connected and productive, without any hassles. So yeah, I don’t mind using AR glasses, especially if it will come with fun features as well, and not just techie stuff.

Are you not worried about using virtual spaces owned by tech companies that are so opaque about how they use the public's data?
encester

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 07:06:59 AM

According to the research firm MarketsandMarkets, the AR market is expected to grow from $11.14 billion in 2018 to $60.55 billion by 2023, thus why Facebook is launching its AR glasses, putting the company in competition with companies such as Microsoft, Apple or Google. However, it seems like experts fear the issues linked to the fact that the company has been facing some privacy concerns.
So, how likely are you to buy Facebook's newest product?

At this moment, not likely. They seems to be in a lot of trouble lately, I'm not sure how secure their AR glasses are. I'll just stick to their Facebbok and Instagram platform. Not even posting much there nowadays. Just scrolling, scrolling, scrolling.....
JealousCup (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:34:40 PM

According to the research firm MarketsandMarkets, the AR market is expected to grow from $11.14 billion in 2018 to $60.55 billion by 2023, thus why Facebook is launching its AR glasses, putting the company in competition with companies such as Microsoft, Apple or Google. However, it seems like experts fear the issues linked to the fact that the company has been facing some privacy concerns.
So, how likely are you to buy Facebook's newest product?

At this moment, not likely. They seems to be in a lot of trouble lately, I'm not sure how secure their AR glasses are. I'll just stick to their Facebbok and Instagram platform. Not even posting much there nowadays. Just scrolling, scrolling, scrolling.....

I too am not too keen on buying them. Lord knows what they'd be doing with my very personal data.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: