Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:22:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My altcoins are down... by a lot  (Read 15674 times)
mistemb
Copper Member

Activity: 226
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 03:47:36 AM

you should hold those since you have endured the hardest part another 10-20% drop wont even matter now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SimonJones

Activity: 485
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 03:57:17 AM

Hi,
So I’ve invested a bit of money into altcoins about a year ago, and did a bit of trading but then slowly lost the track of it... Until today, where I found my ledger in my closet and decided to give it another look.
So here I am now looking at my coins , and thinking on what to do... Hold on? Sell?...
I’ve got:

KMD EDG MSP

I’m down about 60% of my investment.

Any advice is appreciated!

EDIT: Yeah my entries are all super high tbh haha

EDIT 2:I’ve got quite a bit of faith in MSP & KMD Not sure about EDG though

You mentioned that you have already lost 60% of your investment so why not hold the rest at least for a month or two. Maybe this 40% will recover all your loses.

..............Web..............Bounty..............Twitter..............Telegram.......
.......ALL DATA ⇔ ONE PLACE.......

Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:04:55 AM

Hi,
So I’ve invested a bit of money into altcoins about a year ago, and did a bit of trading but then slowly lost the track of it... Until today, where I found my ledger in my closet and decided to give it another look.
So here I am now looking at my coins , and thinking on what to do... Hold on? Sell?...
I’ve got:

KMD EDG MSP

Hey the crypto world is currently in the middle of bitcoin cash war, this event shall last for few days once this impact fades away then we shall see cryptos stabilising once again. I would suggest you to hodl on to your coins as selling now you'll only incur looses. While I sympathise with you after holding for a year you were expecting profits, but I would advise you to be patient and hodl them for few more months.
judyrob

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:10:46 AM

lose you that already large enough and go well it's too late. the secure path that you can use is still waiting and hoping for recovery as soon as possible. selling now useless because if you use it to start new just the same it just shut down the capital and there is no good thing that comes along.
fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:30:00 AM

Hi,
I’ve got:

KMD EDG MSP

Wow, 60% is a huge percentage to lose, if you really invested high amount like you said. My advise to you would be not to sell, since you already lost 60%,you should continue to hold the coins and see what follows, cause there might be an increase soon. I read one expert say that the price of Bitcoin will increase, causing altcoins to fall drastically. Maybe you should exchange them for Bitcoin or any of the top ten coins if possible.
Mianae

Merit: 14

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:39:49 AM

Buddy, you're not alone. Some persons are down more than 80%. The year is one that's bearish for many months no the cycle has continued. Let's hope it reverses for good.
WackMack

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:39:59 AM

Hi,
I’ve got:

KMD EDG MSP

Wow, 60% is a huge percentage to lose, if you really invested high amount like you said. My advise to you would be not to sell, since you already lost 60%,you should continue to hold the coins and see what follows, cause there might be an increase soon. I read one expert say that the price of Bitcoin will increase, causing altcoins to fall drastically. Maybe you should exchange them for Bitcoin or any of the top ten coins if possible.
I lost about the same amount and to be honest, I’m already scared to look at my balance, but in any case it’s too late to do something, I can only wait and hope for the market to recover.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Strotman

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

Bounty Detective

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:57:07 AM

Well at the current market price right now, the best thing for you to do is just to hold your altcoins. Or you can even buy some more of it because the prices are way too low.
How can you be so sure that the prices will not go lower? Many "experts" suggest that the price of bitcoin may drop to $4000. Where are the guarantees that TS will not lose even more taking advantage of your advice?

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───
Telegram Channel◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Telegram Group◂ | ▸Youtube Channel
bayu7adi

Activity: 1400
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 05:59:14 AM

is it true to buy cryptocurrency in the hope of making a profit is gambling?
the purpose of creating cryptocurrency is whether to trade like this or for payment instruments, at this time I still doubt
a little advice from me, if you aim to seek profits from cryptocurrency, make sure the money you use has nothing to do with your life needs, so that when you lose your money, you will not be disturbed
Insufficient

Activity: 231
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 06:21:46 AM

No matter what coins you are hodling the reality is almost everything is down in the market lately. Now if you havr faith on the project and the use case of your coins i suggest you hodl on to those until the market recovers or you can start buying some more on the dip and day trade with it til you cope up with the lost. This is just how i will deal with it but obviously you do you.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 06:45:08 AM

Nobody knows for sure if it is the bottom or even lower prices are ahead. If you are a long-term investor, then today is a good day to buy some.
See the potential of the coin you are holding. Though price down more, I believe that it can recover. It is risky to hold more but a lot of lose when you sell it now because it is much lower than you expect. If I am the one in the position, I will leave the market and come back later if everything is in recovery because for sure, there is a good result.

Ostonian

Activity: 912
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 06:48:32 AM

Now this is a normal situation. On good, it was necessary to merge altcoins earlier. But since you keep them, most likely for the reason that you have invested more than one year. And do not sell, because you believe in the success and future of the coin.
CryptoNoob11 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 06:51:58 AM

Do you guys think we will see another dip in BTC today? I've got a buy order at 5300USD, not sure if I should buy for current price or wait.
fasdorcas

Merit: 527

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 06:18:26 PM

If you already lose, then maybe you can still take some risk for some months maybe there is also some hope for the next year. If you can still wait for the market to recover then hold all your coins still. As long as you have still more patience, wait for it to reocver. We all ever know when but hopefully next year can be a good year for cryptocurrencies.
At this point, as long as you know you have been holding for a very long time now, I see no reason why you should even be considering out of panic to sell. Like you said, for those who have been holding, they should just be patient enough.

There is always a season for everything, a time for the bulls and a time for the bears, and if you do not get to be patient enough for it, and not get carried away by the little downtrend of the market, which I even see as an opportunity to be taking advantage of, then, in the long run, when the market bounces back into recovery, it will be a hard story to tell if you are not already in. That is why till date, a lot of people stupidly end up joining FOMO.
manojpatelme

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 06:36:45 PM

Hi,
I’ve got:

KMD EDG MSP

I think there is no point on selling at current level because you have already lost 60% of your investment and selling then buy again some new coins will be same as hold the same coins. So you should take some more risk and hold for long.
mrkavasaki

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 06:57:04 PM

in any case, I do not advise now to sell what you have. Just tune in for the best. I can't say that everything will be fine soon. But it will be unique. You like many others are in this submarine and leave it now just not worth it. Stay together and hodl.

No, let him reconsider the projects he has invested in before. And in today's bad market, get rid of those projects as soon as possible
Harriti

Activity: 756
Merit: 256

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:06:05 PM

I think you're still very lucky cause you just lose about 60% while there are a lot of traders and investors lost everything in this terrible period of crypto market. You can do whatever you want, keep holding, cutting loss,...but I think you shouldn't cut the loss cause IMO it's the stupidest decision ever.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████