Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:15:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Gini coefficient important to ICO/new token?  (Read 128 times)
RESEARCHico (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 02:35:43 PM

Hello! I'm new in cryptocurrency.

Should I care about the token's Gini coefficient or some something similar when I try to participate in an ICO/new token?

As I understand it, the higher the Gini index, the greater the gap between the rich and the poor. It also means that whales are easy to manipulate the token price. It is very unfavourable for the project itself. What do you think of it? Undecided
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Katy ndy

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 02:52:33 PM

I definitely want to check the Gini coefficient if it existed. But I have to say. You can't find the gini coefficient in an ICO.
RESEARCHico (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 02:53:10 PM

I saw some posts about Bitcoin. Many people have worried that the whales are manipulating the market because the Gini coefficient of Bitcoin is too high. But I think this is more of a concern for the new cryptocurrency.
thiscomm

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2019, 04:23:49 PM

no, I think that for equal distribution of it depends on the weekly activities you have calculated in the program. and for the price of the distributed token it depends on the program. the program has registered tokens at the exchanger and their prices have been registered at the exchanger. so there will be no significant price reduction if the program is indeed consistent with their goals when launching the token.

r e c k o o n             ONE STOP SHOPPING APP
Global Shopping Platform (https://ieo.reckoon.com/)
[[[[[[
SaidNurs

Activity: 176
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2019, 05:35:35 PM

Hello! I'm new in cryptocurrency.

Should I care about the token's Gini coefficient or some something similar when I try to participate in an ICO/new token?

As I understand it, the higher the Gini index, the greater the gap between the rich and the poor. It also means that whales are easy to manipulate the token price. It is very unfavourable for the project itself. What do you think of it? Undecided
I think you do not need to think about it, where a project before starting the project has set prices, so that later on the token exchange has been listed according to the price determined by the project. To manipulate the price of the token depends on the market how the token works.

r e c k o o n             ONE STOP SHOPPING APP
Global Shopping Platform (https://ieo.reckoon.com/)
[[[[[[
ahmadakbari

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 10:18:23 PM

Yes, that's really effective. There are many whales own a big percentage of tokens. They can easily manipulate the price. As these people usually has bought the tokens with big discounts in the ICO, they usually sell them on exchanges at low prices and causes the tokens price fall and small investors to lose money. Most of times the team is the biggest whale.
Katy ndy

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 03:48:55 AM

no, I think that for equal distribution of it depends on the weekly activities you have calculated in the program. and for the price of the distributed token it depends on the program. the program has registered tokens at the exchanger and their prices have been registered at the exchanger. so there will be no significant price reduction if the program is indeed consistent with their goals when launching the token.
I saw some posts about Bitcoin. Many people have worried that the whales are manipulating the market because the Gini coefficient of Bitcoin is too high. But I think this is more of a concern for the new cryptocurrency.
In fact, whales got more bonus in most ICO.They can build a price wall to mainupulate the market. The price of token is depends on the market requirement and supply.
RESEARCHico (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 12:51:46 AM

Does anyone know if there is a similar ICO Health Index that can determine the health of ICO?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: