Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 01:36:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: confused about bitcoin cash  (Read 245 times)
AgentZero23

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 05:56:24 PM

i'm just now hearing about bitcoin SV and ABC. really need to understand whats going on. i heard that bitcoin cash is "no more." is BCH being dropped completely? what happens to my BCH? do i have to claim the new coins or does it get converted automatically? do i get both SV and ABC or will only one survive? i still have a bitcoin core wallet that never claimed BCH coins. will i still be able to claim BCH/SV/ABC?
The hard fork issue about BCHSV and BCHABC are really dragging the market down. I think the exchanges should have delist them both as they are confusing. The hash war are really creating a mess in the market and i hope eth would not end up like this in the future.
yudayaurelia

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 06:03:33 PM

Bitcoin is electronic money made in 2009 by Satoshi Nakamoto. The enactment of Bitcoin in this virtual world might make some people think it is similar to electronic money.
Bitcoin and electronic money or e-money are certainly not the same. To understand the characteristics of both, here are some differences.

Access
Developing in cyberspace, Bitcoin certainly needs an internet network to be accessible. Bitcoin is increasingly being used for transactions for internet users and now some businesses are starting to accept payments with Bitcoin.
E-money in terms of access does not need an internet network. This electronic money can be used to transact through telecommunications equipment to the form of a card.

Production
Bitcoin is produced through encryption of data and certain algorithms. With a peer-to-peer topology system and a lack of a single administration, the value cannot be manipulated by the authorities or the government, and does not cause inflation if the production of Bitcoin increases.
Unlike virtual money, e-money is issued digitally by financial institutions and guaranteed by authority.

Publisher
Bitcoin is published by a community called 'miner'. Whereas e-money publishers are official banks and financial institutions.

Regulator
Bitcoin is not regulated by any institution, unlike e-money regulated by the central bank.

Owner Data
All Bitcoin transactions are stored publicly and permanently on the network, which allows everyone to see balances and transactions from any Bitcoin address. However, the identity of a Bitcoin user cannot be known until the information is revealed when making a purchase or under certain other conditions.
Whereas in e-money, the ownership data system complies with the applicable financial institution standards.

Value
The Bitcoin value system is determined by the level of trust, supply and demand. Meanwhile, the e-money value system applies like conventional money, only in electronic form
smooth nobody (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:57:04 PM

Bitcoin is electronic money made in 2009 by Satoshi Nakamoto. The enactment of Bitcoin in this virtual world might make some people think it is similar to electronic money.
Bitcoin and electronic money or e-money are certainly not the same. To understand the characteristics of both, here are some differences.

Access
Developing in cyberspace, Bitcoin certainly needs an internet network to be accessible. Bitcoin is increasingly being used for transactions for internet users and now some businesses are starting to accept payments with Bitcoin.
E-money in terms of access does not need an internet network. This electronic money can be used to transact through telecommunications equipment to the form of a card.

Production
Bitcoin is produced through encryption of data and certain algorithms. With a peer-to-peer topology system and a lack of a single administration, the value cannot be manipulated by the authorities or the government, and does not cause inflation if the production of Bitcoin increases.
Unlike virtual money, e-money is issued digitally by financial institutions and guaranteed by authority.

Publisher
Bitcoin is published by a community called 'miner'. Whereas e-money publishers are official banks and financial institutions.

Regulator
Bitcoin is not regulated by any institution, unlike e-money regulated by the central bank.

Owner Data
All Bitcoin transactions are stored publicly and permanently on the network, which allows everyone to see balances and transactions from any Bitcoin address. However, the identity of a Bitcoin user cannot be known until the information is revealed when making a purchase or under certain other conditions.
Whereas in e-money, the ownership data system complies with the applicable financial institution standards.

Value
The Bitcoin value system is determined by the level of trust, supply and demand. Meanwhile, the e-money value system applies like conventional money, only in electronic form
this is another garbage post about random information nobody asked for.
smooth nobody (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 08:03:23 PM

actually I'm also confused, I can't find bch abc in coinmarketcap, but can still continue to see bitcoincash, even though hardfork is finished, is bch is bch-abc?
exodus told me they consider BCH and BCH-ABC to be the same thing and they plan to keep using the symbol BCH. i also read an article that some exchange is doing the same thing cause they don't consider SV to be viable. the problem is people in this thread have said BCH is going away and will be worthless so it's clear people don't know WTF is going on. when you have some exchanges and wallets listing BCH and others BCH-ABC is only adds to the confusion. there is no order or agreement on how to proceed. people are doing different things. it's pure chaos.
zulzedd

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 08:09:22 PM

actually I'm also confused, I can't find bch abc in coinmarketcap, but can still continue to see bitcoincash, even though hardfork is finished, is bch is bch-abc?
exodus told me they consider BCH and BCH-ABC to be the same thing and they plan to keep using the symbol BCH. i also read an article that some exchange is doing the same thing cause they don't consider SV to be viable. the problem is people in this thread have said BCH is going away and will be worthless so it's clear people don't know WTF is going on. when you have some exchanges and wallets listing BCH and others BCH-ABC is only adds to the confusion. there is no order or agreement on how to proceed. people are doing different things. it's pure chaos.
So should we hodl?)

Aeron 1.250.000 CryptoBonusMiles Giveaway, 250 Winners, 5.000 CryptoBonusMiles per winner and guaranteed airdrop for ARN holders until 30.11.2018.
Follow the link to join Giveaway 
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: