Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:28:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Telltale Signs of Recession  (Read 160 times)
BADecker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 03:16:55 AM

It looks like the next Great Depression is just about here. My fear is a sudden collapse of the banking system. Most of us aren't used to barter, and if the banking system goes down, the electrical and Internet grids might go down at the same time. Bitcoin would be worth very little after that.

It is my hope that before the banking system crashes, that it will fall slowly-enough/fast-enough that Bitcoin will get up to several hundred $thousand, so I can buy fertile, well-watered land and prepare.

Telltale Signs of Recession

I'm seeing lifestyles that are out of stock and no longer available, even in China.

Though every recession is unique, all recessions manifest in similar ways in the real economy. By real economy, I mean the on-the-ground economy we observe with our own eyes, as opposed to the abstract statistical model reflected in official declarations of when recessions begin and end.

One characteristic that never makes it into the abstract statistical representation of recession is the light switch phenomenon: business suddenly dries up, as if someone turned a light switch off. This is especially visible in discretionary purchases, which include everything from smart phones to vehicles to eating out.

Other telltale signs of recession include:

Dead giveaway #1: businesses that seemed established and doing well suddenly close. The customers are surprised, the employees are not; they knew sales were eroding while costs were rising, and the financial situation was becoming increasingly precarious.

Dead giveaway #2: new businesses that would have thrived a few years ago close within a few months. Maybe it was the multitude of competitors, or the high rents; but for whatever combination of factors one attributes the demise to, an enterprise that seemed to have all the ingredients for success fails quickly.

Dead giveaway #3: advertising and marketing / promotion no longer move the needle. Campaigns that reliably increased sales no longer work.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mayo2u

Activity: 325
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 03:25:11 AM

It looks like the next Great Depression is just about here. My fear is a sudden collapse of the banking system. Most of us aren't used to barter, and if the banking system goes down, the electrical and Internet grids might go down at the same time. Bitcoin would be worth very little after that.

Come on. If you're actually concerned about this you should know how to use a gun, grow crops, raise chickens and do everything else to prepare for the end of civilization.

If the banking and electrical system collapse we are zombie apocalypse mode.

BADecker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 03:41:15 AM

Come on. If you're actually concerned about this you should know how to use a gun, grow crops, raise chickens and do everything else to prepare for the end of civilization.

Well, thank you for your advice, and for helping me to warn forum readers. Here is some more from https://secure.bonnerandpartners.com/chain?cid=MKT386721&eid=MKT398193&encryptedSnaid=0ZAuSmURA3vBt09wgb4jvur7QuwoGvIPnFWRZVw1Gcg=&snaid=SAC0007581266&step=start&emailjobid=3679328&emailname=190210%20-%20PBD%20Free%20-%20BBL%20Chicago%20Plan%20-%20Ded&assetId=AST94992&page=2. It's a sales pitch, but often these pitches have good info in them

EXPERT PREDICTS: For the Third Time Since Our Republic Was Founded… Congress Is About to Invoke Its Powers to Radically Change America…
“This is going to be an irreversible disaster for millions…”

— Daniel Denning, Best-Selling Author and Analyst

My name is Daniel Denning.

And I make a living predicting the course of American history before it happens.

As a top analyst at the world’s largest underground news and research network, known as The Agora… my job is to anticipate new laws… brewing scandals… financial booms and busts… who the next president will be… all well ahead of the average American.

Recently my research uncovered a dangerous “reform” that a group within our government is going to quietly attempt to pass into law…

When I tell you what it is, you’ll think it sounds impossible…

But it has happened before…

… you see, during our great-great-grandfathers’ generation, it resulted in one of the greatest disasters in U.S. history… far worse than the Great Depression or the financial crisis of 2008.

Yet today this “reform” is already getting support from the most powerful institutions and figures in this country… when I name them later on, you’ll be shocked…

And if this does what it’s supposed to do… the poles of wealth and power in this country are about to radically shift… and some people's worlds are about to get turned upside down…

That’s why I’m writing this today… in the hopes that someone, maybe you, will hear me out…

I know you have no reason to believe me… not yet.

But if you just read on a little further, I’ll explain everything… including

The true cause behind the anger, the division, and the desperation in America today… one you’ve never heard before…
    Why the highest levels of wealth and power in this country are quietly backing a “reform” that will ensnare millions of hardworking and wealthy Americans...
    How the “social justice” movement is involved along with Wall Street, several prominent DC thinktanks, and the media…
    The strange steps that the 1% are already taking to protect themselves from an event that will bring the simmering anger, division, and despair in America to an unexpected –and serious– conclusion…

But first… who am I? And what is this underground network, The Agora, that I claim to be part of?

Well, I can understand if you’ve never heard of us. Although our operations span six continents and generate hundreds of millions of dollars… we operate very privately.

We refuse to endorse political candidates… nor do we accept government grant money of any kind.

We reserve our information for our 2.5 million private subscribers across one hundred countries.

Since 1978, these subscribers have paid us billions to anticipate major events long before they hit the evening news.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
mayo2u

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 04:39:09 AM

Well, thank you for your advice, and for helping me to warn forum readers. Here is some more from https://secure.bonnerandpartners.com/chain?cid=MKT386721&eid=MKT398193&encryptedSnaid=0ZAuSmURA3vBt09wgb4jvur7QuwoGvIPnFWRZVw1Gcg=&snaid=SAC0007581266&step=start&emailjobid=3679328&emailname=190210%20-%20PBD%20Free%20-%20BBL%20Chicago%20Plan%20-%20Ded&assetId=AST94992&page=2. It's a sales pitch, but often these pitches have good info in them

EXPERT PREDICTS: For the Third Time Since Our Republic Was Founded… Congress Is About to Invoke Its Powers to Radically Change America…

And I make a living predicting the course of American history before it happens.

As a top analyst at the world’s largest underground news and research network, known as The Agora… my job is to anticipate new laws… brewing scandals… financial booms and busts… who the next president will be… all well ahead of the average American.

Recently my research uncovered a dangerous “reform” that a group within our government is going to quietly attempt to pass into law…

… you see, during our great-great-grandfathers’ generation, it resulted in one of the greatest disasters in U.S. history… far worse than the Great Depression or the financial crisis of 2008.

Yet today this “reform” is already getting support from the most powerful institutions and figures in this country… when I name them later on, you’ll be shocked…

And if this does what it’s supposed to do… the poles of wealth and power in this country are about to radically shift… and some people's worlds are about to get turned upside down…

That’s why I’m writing this today… in the hopes that someone, maybe you, will hear me out…

The true cause behind the anger, the division, and the desperation in America today… one you’ve never heard before…
    Why the highest levels of wealth and power in this country are quietly backing a “reform” that will ensnare millions of hardworking and wealthy Americans...
    How the “social justice” movement is involved along with Wall Street, several prominent DC thinktanks, and the media…
    The strange steps that the 1% are already taking to protect themselves from an event that will bring the simmering anger, division, and despair in America to an unexpected –and serious– conclusion…

But first… who am I? And what is this underground network, The Agora, that I claim to be part of?

Well, I can understand if you’ve never heard of us. Although our operations span six continents and generate hundreds of millions of dollars… we operate very privately.

We refuse to endorse political candidates… nor do we accept government grant money of any kind.

We reserve our information for our 2.5 million private subscribers across one hundred countries.

Since 1978, these subscribers have paid us billions to anticipate major events long before they hit the evening news.

Cool

If you're trying to help yourself because you feel there may be a collapse then the answer is simple - you are a prepper.  You need to have a place outside a metropolitan area in which you can protect, store supplies and have skills and basic material which you can trade with others.  If you a backpacker or a hunter you know the basics.

If you're trying to sell a product -I'm not your customer. I'm not a prepper but have enough experience and equipment that I can "prep" myself with only a few trips to a hardware store and a few Costco outings.

Again - I recommend knowing how to do things as opposed to buying things. The more concerned you are about this the more you should know how to live without electricity and without running water. The best way to acquire these skills is to go back woods hiking / backpacking.
BADecker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 06:38:14 PM

Cool

If you're trying to help yourself because you feel there may be a collapse then the answer is simple - you are a prepper.  You need to have a place outside a metropolitan area in which you can protect, store supplies and have skills and basic material which you can trade with others.  If you a backpacker or a hunter you know the basics.

If you're trying to sell a product -I'm not your customer. I'm not a prepper but have enough experience and equipment that I can "prep" myself with only a few trips to a hardware store and a few Costco outings.

Again - I recommend knowing how to do things as opposed to buying things. The more concerned you are about this the more you should know how to live without electricity and without running water. The best way to acquire these skills is to go back woods hiking / backpacking.

You sound like you are talking to me. But why? If I am a prepper as you suggest, then I know all this stuff.

However, I understand that you might be using me to show everybody who is not a prepper what they need to do. My point included showing standard folks that they need to be preppers.

Cool

mayo2u

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 03:57:39 AM

Cool

You sound like you are talking to me. But why? If I am a prepper as you suggest, then I know all this stuff.

However, I understand that you might be using me to show everybody who is not a prepper what they need to do. My point included showing standard folks that they need to be preppers.

Cool

You're correct. I was talking to the general reader and didn't make myself clear. Everyone talks about not drinking and driving. But drinking and writing can be dangerous as well. Smiley

I find that a lot of crypto people consider crypto to be great for the zombie apocalypse; not realizing that no electricity, no internet means no crypto.

At that time salt and bullets will be a lot more valuable.

Atheneum Blockchain
Copper Member

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 06:59:45 AM

The banking system has gone down before and the power grid was unaffected.  Why do you think that a depression this time around would affect the power grid?
mayo2u

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 02:29:33 AM

The banking system has gone down before and the power grid was unaffected.  Why do you think that a depression this time around would affect the power grid?

You raise a good point. It's highly unlikely that any economically based recession will bring a total collapse of the electric grid. But economic collapse plus war would. I'm not concerned about it. If I was I wouldn't be living in a big city. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: