Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:34:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are stock markets the reason for the crash?  (Read 299 times)
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 01:41:04 PM

you have a very interesting theory but i have to say no, because this recent drop had a very clear reason so there can't be any other one for it. the reason was the BCH fork FUD that took bitcoin by the storm and manipulators had their fun with the price.

also so far as i can remember bitcoin has never had any relationship with stock market although a couple of times it went against it meaning when stocks crashed bitcoin soared up.

You're trying to tell us that Craig wright, the fake satoshi who couldn't prove ownership of Satoshi's addresses, had something to do with the crash? Cheesy Good joke, i give you that! Most Bitcoin holders don't hold BCH and don't care about it, and Craig alone wouldn't crash anything.
The crash was probably caused by expiring futures because it happened on the same day.

not directly for obvious reasons that he doesn't have any effects on the market directly. but indirectly and through propaganda he succeeding in creating a dramatic environment in which the price drop could happen easily. that environment was the FUD filled social media filled with threats of dumping 1 million bitcoin on the market.

it is like a couple of years ago when Mike Hearn spread some bullshit about bitcoin being dead. he didn't sell to crash the market, the whales did it for him after his FUD.

There is a FOMO brewing...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 03:36:05 PM

I think that as the stock market begins recovering, crypto will follow.
But it may be a slow process, i.e. we lost 15% in 2 days, but now it can take weeks or even months to go back to the previous situation or even better.

This is because stocks are not going to recover fast: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/cnbcs-jim-cramer-says-stock-market-is-in-a-very-serious-correction-and-theres-nowhere-to-hide-2018-11-12
No the stock markets have nothing to do with this crash. Yes, I should point out that when stock markets collapse there is a trickle down affect where the people who had money in crypto or some other place that lost their money in stock markets tend to withdraw their crypto currency investments to cover some other expense because their dividends are much lower this year or something. When a person becomes poor all of a sudden or at least poorer than before they have to sell their crypto to cover the expenses, they can't keep it there.

Moreover, this one wasn't like that, this was fueled by the war going on between two sides of the bitcoin cash war. Everyone knows this, everyone has been talking about the same thing for the past week, just look at all the posts here and you will see how it affected the price.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 12:08:15 AM

I think it is not a coincidence that in the same days the stock market was red, the crypto market got red as well.
There is a link IMO , so there is not reason to think crypto is worthless, or that it is less worth than stocks.

I mean, it is not true that crypto crashed alone, while the rest of the world was happy.
When the crypto crashed, usually other markets crashed as well, like in the last downtrend.

Also, remember that the long-term profit that crypto gave us would not be possible with stocks.

Now what should we do?
I think that as the stock market begins recovering, crypto will follow.
But it may be a slow process, i.e. we lost 15% in 2 days, but now it can take weeks or even months to go back to the previous situation or even better.

This is because stocks are not going to recover fast: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/cnbcs-jim-cramer-says-stock-market-is-in-a-very-serious-correction-and-theres-nowhere-to-hide-2018-11-12

I really don't think that there were any ties between this crash and the stock market also crashing.

The US stock market was already correcting before this current bitcoin dump which sent prices down below the $6k support, and is currently sitting at between $4-5k which I believe will be the level that is upheld over the next few weeks. And stocks were already overbought way before the current correction in bitcoin markets, which means that an adjustment in shares prices was imminent and a matter of time.

Bitcoin's crash I believe is completely independent as a result of its own reasons for happening, which led to a panic dump in the already bearish market, which is nothing out of the ordinary. In fact, i would have been surprised if prices didn't adjust down further within this bear market. I also don't expect bitcoin to recover only due to the stock market recovering. Bitcoin is a currency that is independent and decentralized from the traditional banking system, while stocks is a completely different market imho.

Smiley
Hilly

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:17:11 AM

there is a global financial crisis that is more likely to happen this year that is why stockmarket and even crypto capitalization is affected by this crash in economy. i dont think that solely the stockmarket is the reason of fall in total market capitalization in crypto.
I think no because stock markets have also gotten the value depreciated and the margin of profits in the stock market has been down as well. There are many reasons for this fall prominent among which is the imposition of duty and taxes and the banning of crypto by some countries.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:33:53 AM

imagine you are sitting in a room and the room temperature starts rising up to the roof, when you look outside the room you can see another adjacent but separate room that has air conditioning and is cool. obviously what you do is to move your money to the other room.

that is what always happens with markets that are NOT connected to each other. bitcoin and stocks market have always been like this. when an investor who has stakes in both markets sees one dropping, pulls his money out of that and puts it in another market that is not dropping. that is the whole idea behind "diversification"!!! that you buy things that are NOT connected.

besides as it was pointed out there are a lot of reasons for this bitcoin price drop already...

Only Bitcoin
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: