Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:02:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin stored Locally  (Read 216 times)
Tonybeatz330 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 01:59:50 PM

Hello..i tried transfering 50mbtc from electrum to a gaming website a couple months ago and the transaction never completed..trasaction status shows as LOCAL..i was hoping. My bitcoin would find its way back into my wallet eventually but no luck...can someone tell me an easy way to utilize these coins to spend again..i guess right now there stored on a local file on mt electrum..btw im using android.  Thank you..btw is there anybody. I can speak to from electrum. Directly?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 02:02:21 PM

If the transaction says "local", it seems that your transaction probably has been created "locally" on your wallet, but wasn't broadcasted. Can you try to tap on the transaction and see what options you have? I personally haven't tried out the Android app so I'm really not sure what the UI options are.

You can verify on a block explorer like Blockchain.com to confirm if the funds are still in your wallet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Tonybeatz330 (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 02:11:01 PM

Well theres a broadcast button which ive tried allready..then theres just a copy of the outputs and transaction ID...everytime i try to hit broadcast i get an error message n64dust...mind you im sending 50mbtc as i allways do and never had issue in the past...soneone told me it may be a bug?Huh  Im a tech newb so please bare w me

Thanks
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 03:23:57 PM

Well theres a broadcast button which ive tried allready..then theres just a copy of the outputs and transaction ID...everytime i try to hit broadcast i get an error message n64dust...mind you im sending 50mbtc as i allways do and never had issue in the past...soneone told me it may be a bug?Huh  Im a tech newb so please bare w me

Thanks

I'm not 100% sure with why your wallet is having that error, but I suggest trying to uninstall your current Electrum and installing the latest version from https://electrum.org/#download. But first make sure that your private keys are backed up.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:43:55 AM
Merited by NeuroticFish (1), mocacinno (1)

this is unlikely to be a bug. that error message is a network error message that the bitcoin network is giving you not the wallet. and it means that one or more of your new transaction outputs that you are trying to create is smaller than dust amount so it is considered non-standard and the nodes you are connecting to are rejecting it.

in your preview window at the bottom of the page inside Outputs you should see the new outputs you are creating. there is an amount in front of each of them. one should be smaller than dust limit which is causing the problem. change that and your TX will go through.

Only Bitcoin
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:09:38 PM

@OP following Pursuer's instructions will definitely fix your transaction
btw, I've seen many transactions with output below 1000sats went thru now,
as I remember early in the beginning, <5460 satoshi is considered as dust amount
so... (less than) how much is considered dust amount these days?

Tonybeatz330 (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 07:47:18 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2018, 08:05:01 AM by Tonybeatz330

this is unlikely to be a bug. that error message is a network error message that the bitcoin network is giving you not the wallet. and it means that one or more of your new transaction outputs that you are trying to create is smaller than dust amount so it is considered non-standard and the nodes you are connecting to are rejecting it.

in your preview window at the bottom of the page inside Outputs you should see the new outputs you are creating. there is an amount in front of each of them. one should be smaller than dust limit which is causing the problem. change that and your TX will go through.

Ok.but the btc address i used is most likely different now. As this website changes my btc wallet address once a week as a security measure..will this be an issue??? I wouldent want to lose any btc sending to a unexisting address....OK so i opened up my electrum wallet and i did locate one dust output..im on an android though and it seems my options are limited on ways to troubleshoot this...anymore advice? 

Thanks guys!
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 4917

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2018, 07:49:31 AM

Ok.but the btc address i used is most likely different now. As this website changes my btc wallet address once a week as a security measure..will this be an issue??? I wouldent want to lose any btc sending to a unexisting address.

Well, you'll need to double check the deposit address... If it changed, you'll need to change the deposit address in the new transaction aswell...

I'd like to add following points to the discussion:
  • Pursuer gave the correct answer, the problem is dust outputs created by your transaction
  • If you can't get it fixed, you can always download a fresh copy of electrum from the official site, and restore your wallet from the seed phrase you should have written down when you created your wallet... The restored wallet won't have any notion of the locally saved transaction, you should be able to spend all those funds again without a hitch from the restored version
  • Electrum is an open source application... There is no official support team, altough the editor of electrum (ThomasV) is a nice guy who usually helps you out if you have problems... Altough it seems he isn't as active on the forum as he used to be (at least, that's what my gut feeling is telling me)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████