Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:46:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We are losing Bitcoin.Bitcoin had its 15 minutes of fame We are losing our dream  (Read 4748 times)
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 12:54:45 PM

bitcoin is here to stay.

All markets have up and downs. Not is a short rest period and then it will continue its path higher in price and towards more acceptance.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Bonio

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:57:48 PM

I'm sure it will be here to stay, in one form or another, perhaps, but I thought the OP was posing the question about would it be adopted by the masses, which is something entirely different.

What benefit does BTC give the ordinary man / woman on the street in your average western country? Say like the UK or Germany or the USA?

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 01:59:14 PM

The world will soon be using bitcoin whether they like it or not, because it will have rendered all the other currencies relatively worthless by comparison.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
miragecash

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:15:43 PM

Well, this 58 yr old guy is going to hang in with Bitcoin.  Unless they get stolen...

And my 81 yr old ma does email.

Tongue

Smiley

You and your ma must have a very high IQ.
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:40:07 PM

Sorry, but I love my cache, Bitcoin is a toy  Grin

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
xb0x

Activity: 181

Better don't say if you don't know!

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:43:03 PM

One thing to say, world's worst vulnerability is Human vulnerability none other is as dangerous as this. People need to understand this & get aware
fluidjax

Activity: 750
Merit: 601

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:56:54 PM

Bitcoins doomed! Please give me some. 

Fuck off.

Lol...
 +1
BitCoinsLOL

Activity: 214

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:03:58 PM

Math-based currencies are here to stay.  Whether Bitcoin will be a part of it or not, remains to be seen.  You make the very point I made many months ago, how can you seek mass adoption, while seeking to be completely disconnected from the masses?   Huh  Me thinks it won't work but at least the tech is here so regardless, the world is still moving toward a better financial place.

Bitcoin is good enough and secure enough, it still needs some active development though. What truly is required is strong infrastructure which is truly lacking

To the person not involved with BTC it's a tough sell all they hear are the horror stories. It's easy for the media to manipulate those folks even with their half ass reporting. If the Winklvoss twins opened an exchange in US stating your $ and BTC are safe and all members funds are in a separate account. It should get more regular people and businesses to adopt the concept. Maybe not but an Exchange you can trust would be a 1st people are just used to keeping $ in an account.

I never thought my life could be. Anything but catastrophe. But suddenly I begin to see. A "BIT" of good luck for me. Cause I've got a golden ticket!
TheIrishman
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:08:12 PM

Interestingly enough, I posted this article from the Guardian earlier today on the Press forum:

2014-03-08 Guardian - Bitcoin may bite the dust, but the notion of a digital currency will endure

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=507808.0
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:31:38 PM

Here's the issue as I see it,

The general public is never going to look at a form of currency "as their dream". If you try and turn this movement into something that only attracts people who don't have much to live for and are consequently looking for answers in fanatically belonging to a culture group then of course it is going to turn off the mainstream.

They simply don't care about any of that, they just want comforts and convenience.

Bitcoin is a social project of sorts, but it has a basis in technical innovation not as a support system for "looking for answers". I realize that sometimes the line separating these two elements is fuzzy but this project will not succeed unless it provide something useful for the society at large, rather than things that are only of interest to a very small and uninfluential, yet very idealistic, segment of the population.

I don't get the feeling the inventor of this implementation did it out of altruism. I think he did it either for a political reason, or if actually working alone, for personal reasons. So I don't think the view that "satoshi is watching over us" is very insightful or much more than an example of a limited perspective.

The kind of mind that can create something like this isn't going to be interested in watching out for the welfare of random individuals and probably doesn't even relate well to people he is very familiar with.

the solution that bit coin provides is hard to underestimate on so may front
[1] Unsiezable wealth, this has never occurred in human history. Prior to this, some one could always take you money/house/gold, shares whatever away from you and use it themselves. Bitcoin no.

[2] Adaptive tech. Being open source makes is easy to adapt to a new environment. Most other tech not like thus alt all.

[3] The only competition for state actors. No company is out there producing competing currency to the state

[4] Unlimited transfer of wealth. You can transfer any amount of wealth to anyone in the world any time

[5] Distributed Autonomous Corporation via the block chain et.al. The first new no state issued form of organisation of capital and labour in 100 years or so, and a seminal one at that.

[6] Possibly the most vibrant community in the world, just look at alts. Say what you may but there is an evolutioar process going on in their that make moores law look passé

[7] The state in its current form will not survive the bit-coin protocol, we have seen a 1 million x devaluation of the USD in the last 5 years alone. Fiat can't survive this again and again.

I am interested in all of these possibilities. That is why I belong to this forum and have a holding of cryptocurrency. It's without a doubt an interesting and potentially valuable technical pursuit, but to progress it is going to take application of intelligence, not emotion, on the part of it's users.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:13:20 PM

Bitcoin is as foreign to the over 40 crowd as email is as foreign to the over 70 crowd. High tech is as foreign to old folks as gibberish.
When you get older, you may acquire some wisdom. If so, you'll realize what a boneheaded statement this is.

Now get off my lawn.

*&@^$(&%@)_ kids.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:23:36 PM

We are losing Bitcoin.Bitcoin had its 15 minutes of fame We are losing our dream
Bitcoin losing steam? Bitcoin and crypto failing to appeal to the masses? Seems like people just don’t care anymore. I still am all in on crypto but seems like the more people I talk to the conclusion seems the same. Bitcoin? What is that?  Seems like we have failed to continue to push further into main stream media. We by default are a reclusive species “Bitcoiners”. We values our anonymity and pride ourselves on the disconnect from main stream society. I hate to say it but we need the other 90% of the world involved in bitcoin.If we do not correct this a lot of us have just wasted years of our lives we spent devoted to bitcoin.
I don’t want to hear my family members and friends say you wasted your time on the longest running scam and Ponzi scheme. Because that’s what people will say about us if bitcoin fails. I call to you brothers and sisters to come together. We see values when no one did. We had the foresight and intellect to pursue the new and exciting. Let’s not go quality into the irrelevant dark corners of the earth. Let’s move forward in excellence.

Please consider donating to one of the the projects I am doing to promote bitcoin to the mainstream media and the world

Please consider donating to one of the the  projects I am doing to promote bitcoin to the mainstream media and the world

Project 1
Bitcoin landmark projects
Bitcoin landmark project is to establish Bitcoin art statues in public places for all to view. Monuments , Statues ect.
Donate  1DsQoZVSEaGTkPNCGmZJZruy1F9R5C2JCi

Project 2
Bitcoin Flag Going to Space. YES Space the final frontier
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=441303.msg5420604#msg5420604
Please donate bitcoin to the project here 1HNNi6EPCxRsHUpGESZXoFr9qpWqiLeY8L

crazynoggin

Activity: 176

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:29:25 PM

More and more people know about Bitcoin and it continues to spread. The issue is getting the negative connotation of Bitcoin gone, most people I know that I have spoken to about Bitcoin have heard bad things about it. Which most of those bad things were likely learned from sources that very little knowledge on how Bitcoin worked or what actually happened. Pretty much most people I have talked to and discussed the facts with, understand why Bitcoin has such potential and can actually be a positive thing.

Use my referral link if you want: https://primedice.com/?ref=Crazynoggin
bocobit

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:06:32 PM

https://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions-excluding-popular

https://blockchain.info/charts/n-unique-addresses

https://blockchain.info/charts/hash-rate

https://blockchain.info/charts/bitcoin-days-destroyed-cumulative

https://blockchain.info/charts/my-wallet-n-users

I agree with the statement in the op about how bitcoin is at a cross road now that it has gained attention from the masses through big media.  But there is evidence that it is catching on and people are using it more and more.  (See above) 
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: