Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:03:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Market manipulation?  (Read 814 times)
mainthread

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 01:56:34 PM

I just came across a paper written by John Griffin and Amin Shams which states that the bitcoin price was being stabilized because of a coordinated price manipulation with tether.
I respect empirical studies but I don't want to believe that. Many have become millionaires because of their investments in bitcoin and other cryptos, which is what attracted even more investors as these new currencies were being adopted by many to conduct business.
I am still a bit puzzled by the results of the study.

At the moment, you do not need to be a cryptography guru to see the manipulations in the crypto market. These people do not stop. The market continues to be wild. Institutional investors do not want to invest that is why. Too much risk. Too many manipulations ... Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 02:03:18 PM

I just came across a paper written by John Griffin and Amin Shams which states that the bitcoin price was being stabilized because of a coordinated price manipulation with tether.
I respect empirical studies but I don't want to believe that. Many have become millionaires because of their investments in bitcoin and other cryptos, which is what attracted even more investors as these new currencies were being adopted by many to conduct business.

Market manipulation is possible, whales are driving the price crazily. I think whales agree to pump or dump the price for them to take advantage of it and become even more rich. Cryptocurrency price is driven by the market demand, and price increase and drop also affects the market activity. So, whales or big investors has a huge role on the market price.
purplemoon

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 02:10:04 PM

The market is very much subject to manipulation. This is a consequence of very poor regulation. But this is only the beginning. I am sure that next year the market will become much stronger. We look forward to the launch of the Bakkt trading floor and the commencement of Nasdaq exchange futures trading. I think that this will give impetus to the development of the market.
PG13

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 02:10:25 PM

People are greedy for their personal interest and they will use their power to get what they wanted. This is the reason that they will create FUD to distract the attention of the small time investors to sell their coins and those manipulators will be happy to buy it at cheaper price.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
arifteguhr

Activity: 1246
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 02:11:42 PM

It seems that indeed today the market conditions are purely manipulation. of course this is very sad. because nowadays when many people hope that price increases will actually occur, the market will experience a significant decline

MOONBET[]          ░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░       
       ░░▒░░▒█████▒░░▒░     
    ░▓██▓▓███████████▓▓██▓   
   ▓███████▓░     ░▓███████▒ 
  ▓▒▒▓██▒             ▒██▓▒▓▓
 ▒▒░▓█▓         ▒▓█▓    ▓█▓░▒░
▒██▒██        ▒████      ██▒█▓
▓██▓█▒     ███████       ▓█▓██
▒██▒███   ▒▒██████       ██▒█▓
 ░▒░▓██▓░   ▓▓ ▓█░      ▒█▓░▒░
  ▓▒▒▓███████          ▓█▓▒▓▒
   ▒██▓███████▓░ █▓ ▒██████▒ 
     ▓██▒▓▓██████████▓▓██▓   
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     
          ░░░░░░░░░░░         
[]           ▓███████████████████
        ▓▓▓█▒▒▓               █
 ░▓▓█████▓▓█▒▓█               █
██▓▓▓░     █▒██               █
██ ▓█░     █▓      ▒██▓       █
 ██▓█▒     █▓    ▒██████▓░    █
  █▓    ████▓   ██████████▓   █
  ▓█    ████▒   ███████████   █
   ██   ▓███▓   ▓█████████    █
   ░█▓    ▒█▓       ███       █
    ██     █▓         ░    ▓█▓█
     ██    █▓              ▓█▒█
     ▒█▓   █▓ ░      ░░░░░░▒▓ █
      ██   ▓▓▓▓████████████████
       ███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
[][]

> TWITTER
> DISCORD
> MEDIUM
> TELEGRAM
Altryist
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1303

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 02:13:47 PM

My opinion is that the market at this stage of development is completely subject to manipulation and until we fix it, the big trust from investors and ordinary users will not achieve cryptocurrency. Most likely that this can be used if you are able to analyze and predict the moves of the manipulators, but this is more an adventure than making a profit.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
usticiann

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 02:16:27 PM

It could be market manipulation. Who knows? I've heard  plenty of buzz around the net about it. But you know what? I don't want to know if it's true or not. I just don't want to get my head around things like that. I'm sticking to my theory that the market will evolve and eventually stabilize.
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 02:16:48 PM

Manipulations in different class of trading asset like bitcoin can loud or subtle, the bottomline here is that market manipulation happen everywhere. It's hightime we start resisting people that demonize bitcoin. Many criminal activities were been carriedout by fiat not bitcoin!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
baricuri

Activity: 322

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 02:26:42 PM

If any force is strong enough to push the market up again then that is a great thing, but now we will not have any chance they are always afraid of too many people holding. Hold and wait for the opportunity to sell

DoubleShow

Activity: 292
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 02:32:35 PM

If any force is strong enough to push the market up again then that is a great thing, but now we will not have any chance they are always afraid of too many people holding. Hold and wait for the opportunity to sell
Growth will occur, but when it happens it is very difficult to say. It seems to me that due to the manipulation of many investors to sell their BTC for very small money. Although we all know that the market will grow , but when growth will begin no one can answer. I think BTC will long be around $ 5,000 .

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●  AZ FundChain  ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
FINANCIAL INCLUSION THROUGH DECENTRALIZED MONEY CIRCLES
http://beta.azfundchain.io
JealousCup (OP)

Merit: 1

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:08:35 PM

Growth will occur, but when it happens it is very difficult to say. It seems to me that due to the manipulation of many investors to sell their BTC for very small money. Although we all know that the market will grow , but when growth will begin no one can answer. I think BTC will long be around $ 5,000 .
Of course growth will occur, but when it'll happen, the people who are gonna be making money off them will be the always powerful top 1%. But it's up to us to decide whether we're gonna let it happen or do something about it by choosing our own payment circuits.
JealousCup (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:14:01 PM

Manipulations in different class of trading asset like bitcoin can loud or subtle, the bottomline here is that market manipulation happen everywhere. It's hightime we start resisting people that demonize bitcoin. Many criminal activities were been carriedout by fiat not bitcoin!

I don't think tat the point is to demonize bitcoin but rather warn others that in the near future, the average Joe won't be able to make money from trading cryptos. We gave that right to the banks and the corporate moguls.
mbluxs

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:19:05 PM

research is not necessarily uncertain, do not be affected by the news because such news is sometimes true and sometimes wrong.
more amenable, we just follow the path in front of us, get rid of negative thoughts and instill positive thoughts
Agapelove

Activity: 425

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:22:20 PM

We can evaluate, assess, and speculate about the issue of price manipulation, but there's no way to prove without doubt its truth. This is what could be most probably true, there are people who hold huge amount of coins. From economics point of view, they can become price manipulators.
JealousCup (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:30:29 PM

We can evaluate, assess, and speculate about the issue of price manipulation, but there's no way to prove without doubt its truth. This is what could be most probably true, there are people who hold huge amount of coins. From economics point of view, they can become price manipulators.

Who do you think has enough financial means to manipulate cryptos' prices?
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:38:04 PM

Yup. The bitcoin/cryptocurrency market can actually be manipulated. Whales can manipulate the price of the market buy dumping or pumping a coin. There are trade bots on exchanges that can really play a vital role in price manipulation. Tether can be used to bend the price of bitcoin. There are some conspiracies which states that bitcoin price has been manipulated in 2017 with the help of tether.  Not sure if it is true, but is indeed possible.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
papagravel

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:38:46 PM

So that no one will tell you, but those who invested in Bitcoin at the time when it was very cheap were the first to become millionaires. Those who invest in Bitcoin at a price of ten thousand dollars and higher, will not become millionaires, they are late.

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
JealousCup (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:54:31 PM

So that no one will tell you, but those who invested in Bitcoin at the time when it was very cheap were the first to become millionaires. Those who invest in Bitcoin at a price of ten thousand dollars and higher, will not become millionaires, they are late.
[/quote

Yes, but isn't the price dropping? My take on it is that is it's gonna drop low enough for those who want to gain control of the market to buy them all.
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 02:07:15 AM

Well care to drop the files here or the links to that study I'm pretty sure many will be interested on how they are doing that and if they can do that to Bitcoin it can be done to any coin as well, and in fact there are so many pumped and dumped coins in the market right now.
BitcoinCazh

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 04:00:04 AM

there is have the proof, market bitcoin is pure growth with community, but i just know when some people with manybitcoin them can just make price goin to up or down not manipulation
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: