Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:39:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How would you describe decentralization as concisely as possible?  (Read 514 times)
ujinice

Activity: 574
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 05:15:56 AM

When introducing new people to cryptocurrency.. how do you explain decentralization to them? Why is it important?
I try to keep secret about my knowledge, but those whom I invite, I make them read the digital gold by the author Nataniel Popper, and I advise them not to invest money without understanding the crypto topic.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Frink (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 35

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 08:48:09 PM

Did the UASF teach you nothing?

Are you really a newbie? Then you have to read the account of the events that lead to the UASF, https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/long-road-segwit-how-bitcoins-biggest-protocol-upgrade-became-reality/

I thought signalling meant that miners had upgraded their software so that if over 50% of the hashing power of the network over some period of time similarly upgraded, that the entire network would switch.. no?

The Core developers required 95% of miners signalling their readiness for Segwit activation.

No, not a newbie, I've been in crypto for 5 years and know blockchains well.  Just don't follow Bitcoin politics closely. That being said, very interesting article. Thanks Wind_Fury!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: