Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:55:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The dangers of AI generated comments  (Read 230 times)
ProperFerret (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:13:35 PM

According to NBCUniversal contractor, Stephanie Haberman,  Facebook algorithms suggested that she should comment phrases like "this is so sad," "so sorry," and use the prayer hands emoji when watching the news about a shooting at a Chicago hospital where a police officer, a doctor, and a pharmaceutical assistant were killed.
The crazy part is that on a different stream of the shooting from NBC News, the AI suggested crying tears of joy' and a kissing face emojis.
I am all for convenience due to technology but aren't we at risk of becoming insensitive to tragedies?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
encester

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 05:47:21 AM

AI is still being developed in terms of accuracy. Even Google Assistant isn't that top notch yet.
For AI to be as accurate as possible, it needs high data accuracy which is why I believe many of the big tech companies are seeming trying to "invade" our privacy. Only when they do that, they'll be able to understand or rather, digitalize human behavior to create AI products that are accurate.

As per your post, AI generated comments that are happening now are not as accurate as it will be in the future.
ProperFerret (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 08:03:41 PM

AI is still being developed in terms of accuracy. Even Google Assistant isn't that top notch yet.
For AI to be as accurate as possible, it needs high data accuracy which is why I believe many of the big tech companies are seeming trying to "invade" our privacy. Only when they do that, they'll be able to understand or rather, digitalize human behavior to create AI products that are accurate.

As per your post, AI generated comments that are happening now are not as accurate as it will be in the future.

Okay... so you are willing to sacrifice your privacy in order to make AI more accurate when generating comments? Let me remind you that tech giants are merging their forces when it comes to developing AI. If we let a quasi-monopoly get infinite knowledge about us, these companies will have be more incited to keep the status quo instead of pushing for innovation, which would be to ensure AI accuracy without having to violate anyone's privacy.
IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 12:08:57 AM

Valid point. I think everyone's being a little too anxious about AI, that every single move it makes could be misconstrued as an attack. AI is being designed, first and foremost, to help us when it comes to data productivity. And don't forget humans are the one's developing it. Don't you think they should have our interests and welfare in mind?
encester

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 04:39:35 AM

Okay... so you are willing to sacrifice your privacy in order to make AI more accurate when generating comments? Let me remind you that tech giants are merging their forces when it comes to developing AI. If we let a quasi-monopoly get infinite knowledge about us, these companies will have be more incited to keep the status quo instead of pushing for innovation, which would be to ensure AI accuracy without having to violate anyone's privacy.

I didn't say that I was willing to sacrifice my privacy. My point was that to make AI more accurate, it needs data.
It's just that, as of now, invading our privacy seem to be the way all these tech companies are getting data and honestly, I'm not too sure how we can stop it.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 06:00:05 AM

AI does not exist yet.  All it is is pre programmed responses.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Iwillgotothemoon

Activity: 171
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 06:31:08 AM
Merited by Vod (2)

Agree with you!
To be exact, it should be that the current AI does not have the ability to self-learn. All the "intelligence" they display is just pre-programming, not their own learning.
Even AphlaGo, I don't think it has self-learning ability. It is able to beat Go masters because it records tens of thousands of Go games and uses its superb computing power to calculate the best step.
So humans lose to AphlaGo not because of intelligence, but because of computing power.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
ProperFerret (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 07:59:16 PM

Agree with you!
To be exact, it should be that the current AI does not have the ability to self-learn. All the "intelligence" they display is just pre-programming, not their own learning.
Even AphlaGo, I don't think it has self-learning ability. It is able to beat Go masters because it records tens of thousands of Go games and uses its superb computing power to calculate the best step.
So humans lose to AphlaGo not because of intelligence, but because of computing power.

Remember when Facebook terminated an experiment after two AI programs started communicating with each other in a coded language only they understood?
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 01:59:16 AM

AI does not exist yet.  All it is is pre programmed responses.

This is true.

How does that differ from a human being?

I am very interested in what potentially AI will be like.

fairyvibes

Activity: 95
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 03:12:42 AM

Sadly, you are mistaken.  The technology is a lot more advance than you think.  It is just not available to the public yet.
sacred32700

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 04:06:52 AM

Most of the time when we browse in the website and we find the answers and we are doubting if that comment is came from the real account or just a AI but some instance it is good because if they answer the question we are looking for.
scheascha

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 03:20:01 PM

This isnt the worst comment you can get from AI simply because it was learning based on other people comments. I believe people that are involved with AI industry should be more careful or the last thing humanity will see — a robot dancing Uptown Funk on our graves.
tiptravel

Activity: 318
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 06:55:44 PM

Convenience is cool and modern, we strive for it. But we need to always be sensitive to tragedies, which is why I think this technology is useless and has no useful meaning
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: