Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:54:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good News For Blockchain Developers in India  (Read 234 times)
Elli022 (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 07:54:36 AM

Crypto Study release recently done by UK based blockchain consulting Firm name Dappros result is 1.USA & 2. India as the highest number of blockchain developers, Keep going India😇

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1498

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 05:13:23 PM

India always remains as a top talent house for technologies. But the issue is that, majority of these talents work for offshore companies remotely from India. So neither Indians are not able to explore the possibilities of blockchain, nor reap the benefits. We have very few home grown companies that works in this domain because of the orthodox mentality of our government. So it's an encouraging news for the talents of India but not for the benefits of India.

amicrypto

Activity: 98
Merit: 49

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 05:56:47 PM
Merited by amishmanish (2), Heisenberg_Hunter (1)

Crypto Study release recently done by UK based blockchain consulting Firm name Dappros result is 1.USA & 2. India as the highest number of blockchain developers, Keep going India😇

Nothing much to rejoice upon. India already had one of the largest Software developer base in the world. With the advent of Blockchain, a few of them learned how to code Smart contracts and have become blockchain developers. There are mere devs on the existing Blockchain networks. Very few of the existing bunch are engaged in cutting edge innovation such as improvement of Blockchain, research, developing newer methods and all.

India always remains as a top talent house for technologies. But the issue is that, majority of these talents work for offshore companies remotely from India.
I would agree with top but not with talent house analogy. Most of the "devs" in the country are bheedchal and lack the ability to create anything new.

So neither Indians are not able to explore the possibilities of blockchain, nor reap the benefits. We have very few home grown companies that works in this domain because of the orthodox mentality of our government. So it's an encouraging news for the talents of India but not for the benefits of India. 

What benefits are we not able to exploit? You can use Blockchain as you want. If you are talking about being able to trade cryptocurrencies as being a roadblock in blockchain development, then I don't understand the correlation. There has been no such steps taken which inhibits the growth of Blockchain. You are free to work on Blockchain (as a matter of fact 100's of companies operate in India in the field of Blockchain), it is just that you cannot use Indian banking system to trade in Cryptocurrency. Don't mix up trading and Blockchain development.
technosaviour

Activity: 49
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2018, 05:16:02 PM

Nothing much to rejoice upon. India already had one of the largest Software developer base in the world. With the advent of Blockchain, a few of them learned how to code Smart contracts and have become blockchain developers. There are mere devs on the existing Blockchain networks. Very few of the existing bunch are engaged in cutting edge innovation such as improvement of Blockchain, research, developing newer methods and all.

India always remains as a top talent house for technologies. But the issue is that, majority of these talents work for offshore companies remotely from India.
I would agree with top but not with talent house analogy. Most of the "devs" in the country are bheedchal and lack the ability to create anything new.

So neither Indians are not able to explore the possibilities of blockchain, nor reap the benefits. We have very few home grown companies that works in this domain because of the orthodox mentality of our government. So it's an encouraging news for the talents of India but not for the benefits of India. 

What benefits are we not able to exploit? You can use Blockchain as you want. If you are talking about being able to trade cryptocurrencies as being a roadblock in blockchain development, then I don't understand the correlation. There has been no such steps taken which inhibits the growth of Blockchain. You are free to work on Blockchain (as a matter of fact 100's of companies operate in India in the field of Blockchain), it is just that you cannot use Indian banking system to trade in Cryptocurrency. Don't mix up trading and Blockchain development.
I completely agree, no one is stopping blockchain development in India. But I think crypto based blockchain startup would have been a boom provided the Government approach was liberal towards cryptocurrency.

Crypto is a billion dollar market and not to have a piece of it, is sad. There are awesome crypto projects that was huge success in countries like US because of their attitude towards technology. With such a vast potential in Indian market its sad that there is not a single crypto project from India in top 100 of coinmarketcap.

TechnoSaviour ▲▼ Crypto and Mining Channel ▲▼ https://www.youtube.com/c/technosaviour
phwizard

Activity: 37
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 05:16:30 PM
Merited by JSRAW (1), amishmanish (1)

Thank you for the mention of our report Elli022.

By the way this has been discussed in detail in this topic:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5055993

I'm in India currently and we have just discussed this topic at a blockchain meetup in Mumbai today. Absolute number is high, but the problem is if you look relative to population, India is nowhere near top 5. This is clear from the report: https://www.dappros.com/201809/blockchain-developers-worldwide-stats-absolute-vs-relative-to-population/ if you scroll down to "Table 2: Blockchain developers worldwide by country (relative to population)"

So we need to contribute to ecosystem and educate more DLT / blockchain developers in India (as well as globally).

Also we are preparing another report which is actually focused on India data so let me know if you have any requests or suggestions regarding what you'd like to have covered there.
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 05:52:30 PM

Also we are preparing another report which is actually focused on India data so let me know if you have any requests or suggestions regarding what you'd like to have covered there.

1. This maybe a bit out of scope but if its an India-specific study then it'd be great to look for Node data for Bitcoin and Lightning Network (Number of full nodes running and geographical distribution within the country)
2. Other Mining activities like Ethereum GPU-mining and Masternodes.
3. Areas in which Blockchain developers from India are working on
4. ICOs from India based companies (Including the ones that failed/ scammed).
sunilnagaraja1996

Activity: 233
Merit: 50

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 06:18:05 PM

It is relay great news for us the india is in 2nd place to use the highest number of blockchain developers but Indian govt is not ready to accept the bitcoin or digital currency are not legal to trading or buying and selling and i hope indian govt will know value of blockchain in coming days.
Elli022 (OP)

Activity: 55

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:21:45 AM

Thank you for the mention of our report Elli022.

By the way this has been discussed in detail in this topic:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5055993

I'm in India currently and we have just discussed this topic at a blockchain meetup in Mumbai today. Absolute number is high, but the problem is if you look relative to population, India is nowhere near top 5. This is clear from the report: https://www.dappros.com/201809/blockchain-developers-worldwide-stats-absolute-vs-relative-to-population/ if you scroll down to "Table 2: Blockchain developers worldwide by country (relative to population)"

So we need to contribute to ecosystem and educate more DLT / blockchain developers in India (as well as globally).

My Pleasure phwizard always up! with all the updates related to Blockchain 😇
Titurnight

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 05:34:14 AM

I completely agree, no one is stopping blockchain development in India.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: